Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Havtacha from R' Chaim Kanievsky
Previous  1  2

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 10:19 am
The OU does have daily tehillim and chizuk at 1:00. 773 249 0370.
(I'm skeptical too.)

WitchKitty

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 10:32 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
It's a municipality in Switzerland.

And how exactly would I get a municipality in Switzerland?

It's also an area in Kansas.

SHS

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 10:46 am
[img]C:\fakepath\IMG-20200317-WA0063.jpg[/img]

sorry didn't work

Last edited by SHS on Tue, Mar 17 2020, 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

SHS

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 10:48 am
https://I.imgur.com/UGuQQUS.jpg

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 10:49 am
WitchKitty wrote:
And how exactly would I get a municipality in Switzerland?

It's also an area in Kansas.

You notice that the situation has flipped, and you decide to fly to a part of China, which is ironically somewhat safer from the coronavirus. By accident, you end up in Carona instead. While you are there, you make a new discovery: the cure for the coronavirus. All the people of Carona immediately and unanimously decide to rename Carona "WitchKittyTown" and make you an honorary ruler of it.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 10:49 am
SHS wrote:
https://I.imgur.com/UGuQQUS.jpg

Applause Applause Thumbs Up

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 11:10 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I got an email from an otherwise highly intelligent friend of mine.

Apparently gadol Rabbi X had a dream, in which an ancestor came and told him that Moshiach was coming, and you had to do such and such, and pass the email on to 18 people, yada yada.

I'm also seeing emails of Rabbi Z selling segulas that are supposed to protect from all kinds of illness,
and they are even letting you pay in installments. Oy. It's as bad as snake oil, IMHO.

Peddling false hope in the name of Hashem is the biggest shanda out there. It infuriates me. Mad

This email (sounds exactly like it) was posted on a private group I belong to and another member pointed out that the exact email circulates every few yrs when things are happening.

WitchKitty

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 11:24 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
You notice that the situation has flipped, and you decide to fly to a part of China, which is ironically somewhat safer from the coronavirus. By accident, you end up in Carona instead. While you are there, you make a new discovery: the cure for the coronavirus. All the people of Carona immediately and unanimously decide to rename Carona "WitchKittyTown" and make you an honorary ruler of it.

Ah, right. Makes sense.
Well then why would I want not to get it? What

*Witchkittyville

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 11:24 am
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:
This email (sounds exactly like it) was posted on a private group I belong to and another member pointed out that the exact email circulates every few yrs when things are happening.

Yep I get it whenever there is panic like when there is a terrorist attack or hate crime against a
Jewish community.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 1:20 pm
WitchKitty wrote:
Ah, right. Makes sense.
Well then why would I want not to get it? What

*Witchkittyville

Maybe it turns out that there is a downside to fame and fortune after all.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 1:21 pm
Or maybe they're tricking you because they want the position.

Adela

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 2:14 pm

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 10:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Wanted to share... Received this a few times today. R' Chaim Kanievsky is mavtiach (guarantees) anyone who says kapital (chapter) 70 of tehilim before going to sleep and tells 10 others about his havtacha (guarantee) he/she will be saved from carona virus

Tell me something. Do u really think Rav Chaim shlita would say, “Make sure to pass this in to 10 people?” I’m baffled by how people believe every social media nonsense they get.
There’s another one going around that says some other rov said something else and that everyone should send it to 12 people. Come on now.

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 10:50 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I got an email from an otherwise highly intelligent friend of mine.

Apparently gadol Rabbi X had a dream, in which an ancestor came and told him that Moshiach was coming, and you had to do such and such, and pass the email on to 18 people, yada yada.

I'm also seeing emails of Rabbi Z selling segulas that are supposed to protect from all kinds of illness,
and they are even letting you pay in installments. Oy. It's as bad as snake oil, IMHO.

Peddling false hope in the name of Hashem is the biggest shanda out there. It infuriates me. Mad

Yup. got this one too. last year & this year.

Quote:
‎Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: FWD: URGENT! Please share with as much people as possible. The Rav hamekoubal Nissim Shalom declared that his grandfather ZT"L appeared to him in a dream and revealed to him that the Machiach is at his door, and ordered him to let as many jewish people as possible know about it as well as many people as possible. The Rav insisted upon the fact that whoever will send this message will be saved from the suffering which are supposed to occur with the coming of Machiach and that whoever won't do it will sustain a substantial loss of money. The Rav asked to send this message to at least 12 people, a number corresponding to the number of the tribes of Israel. It is a very favorable moment now in heaven , and to those who might be skeptical and not believe in the words of the Rav should know that the Rav would never make such a declaration without serious reasons to do so because it is forbidden to give false hopes to the Jewish people. From the Rav Yoel Benharoushe. Thank you.

Can't Believe It
Now, I'm all for moshiach coming THIS SECOND but you think we need text messaging for notification?
Achaka lo, sh'bchol yom v'yovo...

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 7:08 am
And I got this yesterday

CORONA CRISIS!!
Reb Chaim Kanievsky is mavtiach that whoever stops spreading things in his name will be zoiche to stop annoying people!
LOL

Last edited by amother on Wed, Sep 21 2022, 5:51 am; edited 1 time in total

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 8:40 am
pringles wrote:
And I got this yesterday

CORONA CRISIS!!
Reb Chaim Kanievsky is mavtiach that whoever stops spreading things in his name will be zoiche to stop annoying people!
LOL

Can you post this in the humor thread?

HappinessWithin

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 8:36 pm
I am pretty surprised how many ppl fall for this. I got so many txts abt it. If you really want to know what Rav Chaim actually said, there is a hand written letter written by him. It says ppl should strengthen themselves with shmiras halashon, and be mechazek with anivus, and be maavir al midosav and those who strenghthen themselves with these things will be saved from the disease. you can see the handwritten letter here yourself: I dont know how to make the actual link, but if you copy and paste into your browser the link below to yeshiva world, you can see the actual Hebrew.

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

This is the translated one:

[b]The following letter was written by Rav Chaim Kanievsky Shlita regarding protection from the Corona Pandemic. It was translated and annotated by Rabbi Yair Hoffman for the 5TJT.com.

Rabbi Hoffman’s additions are there to help understand Rav Chaim’s words. May we all have yeshuos. YH

BS”D

Adar 5780

Regarding the concern of transmission of the Corona Virus Pandemic

Everyone must be mechazek to refrain from Lashon Harah and rechilus as it states in Arachin 15b: [Why is a leper so different, that the Torah states: “He shall dwell alone; outside of the camp shall be his dwelling” (Vayikrah 13:46)? He (Rabbi Chaninah) answered: By speaking badly] he separated between a husband and wife and between one person and another; therefore he is punished with tzara’as, and the Torah says: “He shall dwell alone; outside of the camp shall be his dwelling.”

They must further strengthen themselves in the midah of humility and to be maavir al midosav (let things slide) as the pirush haRosh on the side of the page says explicitly in the end of Horios [14a],

Whoever strengthens himself in these the merit will protect him and his family members that not one of them will be sick.

Chaim Kanievsky
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics