Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Ideas to keep only child, almost 2, occupied now

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 8:47 pm
Since she's an only child there's no other kids to keep her busy and occupied. I try to play with her but she doesn't have much interest. Each activity lasts about 5 minutes. I need to fill at least 10 hours a day.

I am also working full time from home but it's just impossible.

Help!

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 8:54 pm
Hugs!! That's really tough! I'm home with two kids who are different ages so they're not really keeping each other company and they need me to entertain them all day. I. AM. DRAINED. I wish I had some ideas for you Sad

jfk92

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 8:58 pm
Hi my son is that age- only child. Obviously his ability to sustain focus is limited. But things that keep him most occupied include- pretend cooking w real cookware (I give him a pot, raw vegetable or even some raw noodles- and he loves. Some time ill give him an additional empty salt shaker), spray bottle filled w water- be ware of incidental puddles, and he pretends to clean, "sorting laundry"- poor out the clothes I want to wash on the couch and he puts them in a laundry bag, and he has a fruit cutting /Velcro set that keeps him busy, as well as few puzzles and blocks. Oh and I give him a bucket w soap and water w his farm animals and a sponge. He washes them.
Good luck

amother
Red

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 9:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Since she's an only child there's no other kids to keep her busy and occupied. I try to play with her but she doesn't have much interest. Each activity lasts about 5 minutes. I need to fill at least 10 hours a day.

I am also working full time from home but it's just impossible.

Help!

I feel for you. I have a 3 year old only child as well who needs full time entertainment while I work. @busytoddler on Instagram and online has Tons of ideas for young kids.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 9:17 pm
jfk92 wrote:
Hi my son is that age- only child. Obviously his ability to sustain focus is limited. But things that keep him most occupied include- pretend cooking w real cookware (I give him a pot, raw vegetable or even some raw noodles- and he loves. Some time ill give him an additional empty salt shaker), spray bottle filled w water- be ware of incidental puddles, and he pretends to clean, "sorting laundry"- poor out the clothes I want to wash on the couch and he puts them in a laundry bag, and he has a fruit cutting /Velcro set that keeps him busy, as well as few puzzles and blocks. Oh and I give him a bucket w soap and water w his farm animals and a sponge. He washes them.
Good luck

Wow you’re good!

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 9:57 pm
Today we all mixed shaving cream with paint and painted big sheets of paper and plastic tablecloths and even took off our socks and danced in it! My two year old couldn’t believe her good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics