Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Moving weddings up

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 3:43 pm
I was just wondering- for all the people who have moved their weddings earlier now, in light of everything- what happens in terms of hefsek tahara? Like if someone today announces their wedding is on Sunday, then does it mean they're going to just have a chuppah niddah cuz it's better than not having a chuppah at all? Or did they know of this possiblity for longer than they announced and did it just in case?

Not something I would really ask the kallah herself Wink

tulips12

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 3:51 pm
Didn’t even think of that!

Elfrida

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 3:56 pm
Better, if frustrating, to wait a few days than to put the wedding off for an indefinite period.

Jewishmom8

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 4:22 pm
My Rebitzen told me there are tons of these shailos being asked
and a LOT of chuppas nida

bsy

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 4:28 pm
A family member is having a chuppas nidda

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 4:29 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Better, if frustrating, to wait a few days than to put the wedding off for an indefinite period.

That's what I assumed... So there isn't some secret I'm not thinking of
Such a hard decision for the chosson and kallah who can't even speak to each other when deciding this

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 4:31 pm
Jewishmom8 wrote:
My Rebitzen told me there are tons of these shailos being asked
and a LOT of chuppas nida

Right- that's what I figured. I guess that's another thing to add to the sympathy for chosson and kallah thread... Forget about small wedding, no one there, etc. but one of the most basic parts of getting married being put off for a few days Sad

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 4:36 pm
When I was engaged, DH told me (well hinted) that he would not be upset if it was a chupas nidah.

I was very grateful for him telling me that, because it did end up as one and I didn't have to worry that he'd be upset.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 4:41 pm
I’m not understanding
Why can’t they have a chupa? With just a minyan on the date they originally set

Elfrida

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 4:44 pm
Because no one knows when the regulations might get even stricter. If we have a total lockdown no one knows how long it would last, and then they wouldn't be able to get married at all.

mrsjay

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 5:05 pm
It is a very big inyan not to push off a wedding if possible .

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 7:18 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Because no one knows when the regulations might get even stricter. If we have a total lockdown no one knows how long it would last, and then they wouldn't be able to get married at all.

Right, so I was thinking how with that, then they may get married, have a chuppas niddah in the hopes that in a few days she can go to the mikvah but then what if the regulations get tighter and even that isn't possible. Then they're married living in someone's house and not even sure when they can actually fully enjoy being married! It's crazy!

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 7:50 pm
I went to the Mikvah a couple days before my wedding. Not sure exactly how many days early. But pushing up my wedding wouldn’t have made a difference in my status (I went the earliest my kallah teacher told me I was allowed to, my friends did the same)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 7:54 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I went to the Mikvah a couple days before my wedding. Not sure exactly how many days early. But pushing up my wedding wouldn’t have made a difference in my status (I went the earliest my kallah teacher told me I was allowed to, my friends did the same)

Right it could be that helps the situation, but I'm talking about people who are getting married a week earlier- no way they would be going a whole week early.
Happens to be my kallah teacher had told me to do practice bedikas before my hefsek tahara (like a few days before) so maybe in an extreme case a Rav can count that as the hefsek?
Idk... But all I can say is I feel so bad for everyone in this situation. I have 3 friends personally getting married in back yards in the next few days.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 7:55 pm
Halachis are a bit different for kallah a so some that started counting and lived up a few days are clean.

Cmon be nice

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 7:58 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:

I think u can do it up to 4 date before the wedding

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 8:09 pm
Elfrida wrote:
Better, if frustrating, to wait a few days than to put the wedding off for AN INDEFINITE PERIOD
[b]

Ha!

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 8:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Right, so I was thinking how with that, then they may get married, have a chuppas niddah in the hopes that in a few days she can go to the mikvah but then what if the regulations get tighter and even that isn't possible. Then they're married living in someone's house and not even sure when they can actually fully enjoy being married! It's crazy!

Gd help us that they don't close the mikvahs!

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 9:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I was just wondering- for all the people who have moved their weddings earlier now, in light of everything- what happens in terms of hefsek tahara? Like if someone today announces their wedding is on Sunday, then does it mean they're going to just have a chuppah niddah cuz it's better than not having a chuppah at all? Or did they know of this possiblity for longer than they announced and did it just in case?

Not something I would really ask the kallah herself Wink

I have been thinking about this!!! One day I saw a post that said chosson and kallah meant to get married in April woke up this morning and planned their wedding for that afternoon!” I was like huh??
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics