Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Men davening in the parking lot, made me cry!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 11:09 pm
This is so sad. Ever since Neis Chanukah, when were shuls locked up? Yeah, in the communism common wealths. In a free country? Watching the men shukling and davening outside on the street just made me cry.

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Mar 18 2020, 11:10 pm
It's very sad. I'm also impressed how people are cooperating and making it work.

I hope that's the worst of what we'll cry about in the coming weeks.

agreer

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 12:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is so sad. Ever since Neis Chanukah, when were shuls locked up? Yeah, in the communism common wealths. In a free country? Watching the men shukling and davening outside on the street just made me cry.

Kristallnacht, WWII. Nebach.

I keep thanking Hashem that at least now, when we are closing shuls and schools, we are relatively "safe" in our homes and no one is trying to kill us on purpose. We don't have to run and hide, go to concentration camps ch"V etc. B"H for what it is.

I also cried tonight...my husband loves going to shul for minyan, shiurim and he really misses it. I'm so proud of him but it pains me to hear it at home.

I heard a beautiful shiur on theyeshivaworld.com tonight - the one in Chicago. The first speaker said that in the time of Moshiach, the batei midrash and batei knessiot will fly to E"Y. All the homes that had turned into one will go as well. This is Hashem giving us the opportunity to turn our homes into a beis medresh/beis knesses so we can all go with our homes.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 1:12 am
And I got teary because how beautiful, respecting the quarantine and social distancing, taking responsibility for the health of the kahal and ownership of your part in the safety of those around you, and being creative to still prioritize davening with a minyan instead of just taking the easier way out and saying it is what it is and I will just davening biyichidus.

shanarishona

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 1:12 am
I heard it too. Rabbi Shmuel Silber. TorahAnytime. It was so beautiful. Worth listening to,

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 1:18 am
Yes, but as someone who lives in Baltimore (where Rabbi Silber is and who he was addressing last night) we were told by the vaad harabbanim (which he is a part of) that NO minyanim, including outdoors even with social distancing, should be taking place. He personally is setting an example with this. Every single rav in this community agrees. And as far as I know, every person in Baltimore is complying and davening at home, b'yichidus, as instructed by our rabbanim. Including this coming shabbos. People, take heed!

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 1:21 am
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Yes, but as someone who lives in Baltimore (where Rabbi Silber is and who he was addressing last night) we were told by the vaad harabbanim (which he is a part of) that NO minyanim, including outdoors even with social distancing, should be taking place. He personally is setting an example with this. Every single rav in this community agrees. And as far as I know, every person in Baltimore is complying and evening at home, b'yichidus, as instructed by our rabbanim.

Total side note but I am in Baltimore too and I am SO proud and impressed with our Rabbis right now. They have handled this amazingly from the onset.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 3:23 am
And I am a health care worker who is crying and outraged that people still are congregating anywhere to daven together. Please STOP! People keep knocking on our door inviting my husband to daven in the street or a local backyard. I don't understand why people are having a hard time internalizing that the mitzvah we all need to be focusing on is SAVING LIVES!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics