Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Actually, now I'm glad the last ivf didn't work!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 3:26 am
Weird what kind of things one now gets grateful for! When my last ivf cycle failed a month ago, I was sad and downtrodden, of course. Sad that Hashem yet again wouldn't give us another child.
Now, with the corona crisis and me working in the Israeli health system with possible exposure every day, I'm glad I'm not pregnant. The institution that employs me sent out directives yesterday that pregnant personnel have to continue working as usual, no exemptions. If I was pregnant, I'd be worried sick day and night and eat my heart out. Instead, now I can shrug it off, kind of. It's much easier this way. A strange blessing in disguise.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 3:28 am
May you hear good news at the right time, in a safe environment.

Looking on the bright side is the best thing we can do for ourselves right now.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 3:30 am
I had a similar thought.
If I hadn't had a miscarriage, I'd be in my 3rd trimester. I also work in healthcare.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 4:36 am
Bonei olam has info about carona and getting pregnant
My. Daughters Ivf closed in nyc

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 5:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Weird what kind of things one now gets grateful for! When my last ivf cycle failed a month ago, I was sad and downtrodden, of course. Sad that Hashem yet again wouldn't give us another child.
Now, with the corona crisis and me working in the Israeli health system with possible exposure every day, I'm glad I'm not pregnant. The institution that employs me sent out directives yesterday that pregnant personnel have to continue working as usual, no exemptions. If I was pregnant, I'd be worried sick day and night and eat my heart out. Instead, now I can shrug it off, kind of. It's much easier this way. A strange blessing in disguise.

Such a nice perspective. And although slightly different, this is giving me a nice perspective too. Had my cycle not had been pushed off so much, I would have been due now while I'm knee deep in Corona symptoms. Thank Gd I'll had least have time to mostly, maybe even fully recover b4 baby comes.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 5:40 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Such a nice perspective. And although slightly different, this is giving me a nice perspective too. Had my cycle not had been pushed off so much, I would have been due now while I'm knee deep in Corona symptoms. Thank Gd I'll had least have time to mostly, maybe even fully recover b4 baby comes.

Thinking to email my RE thank so much for their lab closures & his vacation that spared me being due this week!

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 7:39 am
Crying
I don't know if I agree with you - I think I would have preferred to take the risk.
Now I'm at home, not pregnant and also unemployed.
Should I be thankful that I have no kids home that I have to entertain?
What fun! Sad

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 7:59 am
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Crying
I don't know if I agree with you - I think I would have preferred to take the risk.
Now I'm at home, not pregnant and also unemployed.
Should I be thankful that I have no kids home that I have to entertain?
What fun! Sad

Def not because you are still allowed to have that strong desire for kids. Nothing will take that away and you are entitled to that feeling.

I think op is trying to see the hashgacha pratis in her situation. They say everything in the world is planned by Hashem for a reason - we don't always see it and sometimes were do but it can take a very long time. Op is reflecting and seeing how there is some silver lining to the unfortunate situation she had 9 months ago when treatment didn't with out the way she had anticipated.

Wishing good news by everyone, please soon!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics