Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Is Pesach cleaning a women's job?
Previous  1  2

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 3:23 pm
No it is not exclusively a women's job. Both partners have to pitch in, and whoever has more time/energy does more. I work more than dh so he does most of the pesach cleaning (except this year due to corona I am home so I will probably do more). He also does most of the cleaning on Friday afternoon because that is when I catch up on the documentation/paperwork that I need to do for my job

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 3:24 pm
mamma llama wrote:
It's not technically a women's job, but it's easier to ask a cow to moo than to train a horse to moo.

(I'm not saying anybody is a cow or a horse, this is strictly a mashal!)

It depends who wants it more. My dh is more stressed out to have a shining kitchen for pesach than I am. So he does more there.

I care more about general spring cleaning, so I do what I have time for and what I am in the mood for.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 3:31 pm
Op, I am too old to care about things vis a vis men and women.

THIS IS MY EREV PESACH

After purim I line my cabinets, no matter who says its uncomfortable.

I line two bottom shelves. Cover the top shelves with a white paper as if its a curtain taped down.

I cover my china closet after taking out my leichter.

wash chairs couch, bottom of walls next to dining tables and it is pesach!!!!!
a day before bedikas chametz wash all floors of house including closet floors and its pesach

la la la

my husband would love the windows washed but too much but I need 9 hours of sleep....

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Mar 17 2020, 3:36 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Women (in general) might be better at sorting out the clothing that's no longer needed, but their are plenty of jobs men can do for pesach, some of them very physical.

Scrubbing the fridge, the oven, the hot plate, the burners - these are things men can do as well as women. Same with washing windows etc, if you do that kind of thing before pesach.

I don't think pesach cleaning is a woman's job at all.

My husband is a much better cleaner than I am. Been married a bunch of years and never made pesach (putting off as long as possible!), but my husband would definitely be doing the scrubbing. I’m the sorter and organizer.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 11:52 am
No way. In the house that I grew up in and in my home now, all males, meaning father, brother and now husband, were all part of the cleaning for pesach and preparing for pesach.
My husband cleans the oven and we both do the fridge and freezer. We both change over the kitchen. Growing up it was literally a family affair, we all helped.

I never understood why things like this were considered female things when it does not have to be like that at all. And in my mind, shouldnt be. But that is my opinion.

Reality

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 4:11 pm
My father always did the heavy scrubbing in the kitchen with us kids as his helpers. My father kashered as well.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics