Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Anyone making a wedding now or right after Pesach?

kollel wife

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:21 am
What should we do???? 50 guests or less?? reschedule??

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:36 am
What do the young couple want? They should have the final say here.

Bear in mind that restrictions might be lifted, but they might get even tighter. You could be talking about not even having a minyan for sheva brachos. Or having the wedding outdoors.

If it were me, I wouldn't postpone, but I'd know that things might be very different from what you imagined.

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:38 am
My sister is supposed to get married before shavous. My parents just called the invitation person and asked not to print them. They don't know what to do and what will be. Right now, the situation changes so quickly that it's impossible to plan. I'd think your best bet is to find a local park or someone's pretty yard and plan to do it there.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:38 am
My neighbors wedding was postponed till June because the chasson is from Israel and the kallah from NY.

bsy

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 11:51 am
A family member was just called by the hall about a wedding in 2 weeks. 50 people allowed.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Mar 16 2020, 12:08 pm
Please ask a rav. This is a shaila. Weddings are NOT to be postponed per rabbonim on Corona.

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 2:36 pm
Went to my nephew's wedding in crown heights yesterday (March 17).

About 50 people - but very leibidig. About a dozen young men and a dozen young girls.
Plenty of shtick. The men and ladies also danced the whole time so the dance floor was
quite full - but not crowded. We all wore gloves.

Out of the 8 siblings of my sister (mom of chosson) only 3 came. Others had been exposed or were afraid to come. We did some face time.

Cookiegirl

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 4:11 pm
Hoping to make a backyard wedding right after Pesach if my future DIL can get over the border... we will do whatever is allowed iyH - 50 people or just a minyan. Our Rav said not to postpone if at all possible. Whatever will be, it will be good! May all these couples merit brachos in abundance from Hashem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics