Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Imamothers Global Headcount, Pls raise your hand!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 2:29 am
We know of corona affected imamothers in Japan,Italy, Israel, UK and US.

Anywhere else?

sequoia

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 3:59 am
Yes.

imasinger

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 5:21 am
Sequoia, what's it like for you there?

sequoia

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 6:13 am
imasinger wrote:
Sequoia, what's it like for you there?

As I mentioned in my thread, the country is on quarantine, no air travel, no trains, presumably check-points outside the city, and no subway. I don’t go out. Without exercise, my back hurts Sad

Tried calling the American embassy but no one picked up.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 7:06 am
sequoia wrote:
As I mentioned in my thread, the country is on quarantine, no air travel, no trains, presumably check-points outside the city, and no subway. I don’t go out. Without exercise, my back hurts Sad

I am with you on back pain being my most frustrating part of this. I swim regularly and it keeps my pain manageable but without it it's been horrible .

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 7:16 am
austria. quarantine, parks and playgrounds closed, no school, limited transport, no medical import (lack of specific meds), borders closed, homeoffice, elearning, so far enough food, drink, online shopping for shoes went fine, we had to order paper, crafting supplies for the little ones and some games for the older ones on amazon and despite a slower delivery that went fine too.

getting ready for pessach. we usually have full house on pessach and invite whoever we can. this year im afrain we will be alone Sad thats the saddest part for us (and the fact that we cannot visit sick, old relatives)

I also hate the BACKPAIN!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 7:24 am
sequoia wrote:

Sad
You can exercise at home! You can even go running outdoors!

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 11:20 am
Canada (Montreal).
Shuls closed, many stores closed, schools closed, borders closed, 50 people weddings. Essential stores such as supermarkets heavily control customer flow.

estreya

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 11:37 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Canada (Montreal).
Shuls closed, many stores closed, schools closed, borders closed, 50 people weddings. Essential stores such as supermarkets heavily control customer flow.

Yup.

Now, this morning, reports of outbreak in one of our densely populated Jewish neighbourhoods (Cote St Luc). Sad

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 11:40 am
estreya wrote:
Yup.

Now, this morning, reports of outbreak in one of our densely populated Jewish neighbourhoods (Cote St Luc). Sad

Yes, and a frum woman from the De Vimy neighbourhood is in serious condition Sad .

estreya

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 11:54 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
Yes, and a frum woman from the De Vimy neighbourhood is in serious condition Sad .

Unfortunately, I think this is only the beginning of what we will hear. It was also a big wedding and so many people went home to their families after being exposed. Sigh. Crying

I hope a Refuah shleimah for that woman.

Stay well, Navy and chag sameach.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:07 pm
estreya wrote:
Unfortunately, I think this is only the beginning of what we will hear. It was also a big wedding and so many people went home to their families after being exposed. Sigh. Crying

I hope a Refuah shleimah for that woman.

Stay well, Navy and chag sameach.

Also Montreal here, de vimy area
I am boiling internally at the stupidity of people going to a wedding on Monday
The behaviour of people have made me despair of humanity

estreya

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:12 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Also Montreal here, de vimy area
I am boiling internally at the stupidity of people going to a wedding on Monday
The behaviour of people have made me despair of humanity

Powderblue, same here - very annoyed. I'm in CSL area. Cavendish mall, only yesterday when we went to pick up meat order from butcher, was SWIMMING with seniors! They have been warned to stay indoors but were all together at the mall shmoozing like nothing was going on.

It seems sometimes people only learn when it happens to them and it's too late.

Last edited by estreya on Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:14 pm
Belgium. Probably 2-3 people confirmed.One mother 38 was transported to the hospital in serious condition faiga rifka bas channa. refua shelaime.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 12:18 pm
I think that there have been breakdowns in communication. Some of the Rabbanim in Outremont directed seniors to stay home on Monday. My father hasn't been anywhere, not even shul, since. The Rabbanim led by example and stayed home too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics