Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Journal: Day 1 of Bais Corona D'Homeschool
Previous  1  2

amother
Red

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 2:44 pm

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 5:20 pm
Here even baby gets into homeschool! She sits with my as I teach zoom classes to other children. I’ve learned having a cute baby on my lap keeps students looking at me.

cuties' mom

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 7:54 pm
We had 4 days of homeschool so far. My younger kid has 3 hours of zoom school, but as it's ABA, I have to sit with him and do everything with him. The rest of the day, my little guy listens to vezakaini, lamdeini, and misinai bo. He is fine with me switching to other songs from the same singers so we do mix it up a bit. He also keeps going to the door, and I have to keep telling him that we can't go outside because the world is sick.
Meanwhile, my older son divides his time between talking to siri and listening to his own music. Here is a sample conversation.
Ds: Why are you stupid?
Siri: That's not nice.
Ds: But you are stupid.
Siri: I'm trying my best.
Ds: You're doing a great job at it.
Siri: Aw, shucks.
Ds: You're really good at being stupid.
Siri: I like when my work is appreciated.

I think he needs someone more intelligent to talk to. I won't say much about his music other than:
As I lie down in my bed
I have that song stuck in my head
that stupid song is keeping me awake.
It's causing me such misery.
It's gonna be the end of me.
I don't know how much more I can take.

Do you know this song?

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 9:05 pm
Day 2:
Kids woke up 6:40. Early start but better than day before. Same morning routine.. dressed, straighten up, breakfast (went all out today and made hot breakfast)

Then I took the kids into our "homeroom" dd 3.5 had explosive poop (not diarrhea- just miralax working its magic after 4 days of not going) she either ruined the 1st 5 activities of the day by screaming at me to come with her to the bathroom or having and accident or yelling that it hurts and she has a rash Can't Believe It
Older dd was looking fwd to her davening and projects like a little lady at her fake desk. She was getting very frustrated from her sister. That being said heres what we did...

9:00-10:15- listened to a confrence from school, practiced some letters, went to the bathroom (multiple times)
10:15-11:10- jumped on indoor trampoline bec the weather was bad. Played morah music color song over and over (if you like the color green jump on the trampoline)
Let them experiment with indoor bubbles (fail!)
11:10-11:25 snack and drinks (cupcakes from yest and leftover farfel from dinner)
11:25-12:30 cleaned some toys for pesach. Was a fun activity by the kitchen sink. Tons of soap and layed out a big towel to put the toys to dry. Kids used sponges and soap.
12:30-1:00 lunch (mozzarella sticks) and free play while I cleaned up from pesach cleaning (yes its ironic) and from lunch
1:00-1:30 sand art project. Except the sand must have gotten moist and it wasnt going thru the funnel so we got salt and colored it with chalk
1:30-2:00 weather got better so we took chalk out and made a hopscotch on the pavement
2:00-2:45 played a board game and colored
2:45-3:00 stories and a prize for good behavior

3:00-5:00 kids played
5:00 baths (baby was kvetchy and loves the bath...)
5:30 - dinner (hotdogs. Nutrition again!! Score Rolling Eyes
6:00 start prepping for the mikvah. Dh gives kids slime. Slime gets in kids hair. Dh deals with it while I try to bathe. Dh does bedtime
7:20 mikvah appt. Best experience ever. No need for anyone to touch me
7:45. Come home DTD.
Rest of the night. Who knows but I dont think im working... not much to do ill catch up when I catch up...

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 5:48 pm
Day 3!!
Making shabbos soon but if I dont write ill forget!
Called hotline
Made kids shabbos mommies and dressed them up and they gave eachother candy
Listened to pesach songs
Reviewed letters
Kids helped peel shabbos veggies
Lunch
ORBEEZ- kept the kids busy longest yet. Maybe 1.5 hours or so
Facetime to say gshabbos to grandparents
30 min zoom session with all grandkids in dh family
Video! 1st of the week. Bonie olam shvigger video
Baths
Smile again. This time outside. Idk if that was better or worse.
Good shabbos all!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics