Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Is it fair to...
Previous  1  2

Cookin4days

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:42 am
No responsibility towards her at all and honesty turned off by her for telling you that. Not professional and you don’t need to have to stress over this at times like these

amother
Black

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:59 am
My therapist gave me the option to put things on hold, have phone/video sessions or just check in occasionally. No obligations.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 7:07 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
My husband is a therapist. He has offered phone/Skype meeting for all his patients but Almost every single one of them cancelled. If your thinking of your therapist remember There’s a reason she’s working.

Just giving you the other side.

You may benefit from some time in a room alone on the phone with your therapist amongst all this crazyness in the world.

Good luck with your decision.

1) no one has childcare arrangements
2) if a therapist wants business via Skype they should recognize that it's about 50% as helpful as in person and charge accordingly and then maybe people will want to try it
3) as a time where people are worried about putting food on the table , most are cancelling all non essential services

DVOM

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 7:46 am
Her comment was wildly unprofessional.

Time to find a new therapist!

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 9:54 am
a good therapist will try to find a way to make this work for you and understand if it doesn’t:

It’s hard for us moms of many little ones to find private time to talk while maintaining safety to the kids, phone sessions don’t work for everyone, therapy sessions if not done right can leave you feeling even more discombobulated and this is definately not a time when we can afford that.

It would be nice if the two of you could find a way that works but if not - I say- call it quits!
Right now we’ve got to think of ourselves and our families first.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:04 am
I think that there are some people who haven’t been receiving therapy that are looking for added support now so perhaps she will be able to fill your spot

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:38 am
I think everyone realizes that a therapist is somewhat of a unique relationship since it is paid for. And some therapists believe that payment is actually critical to the relationship so that the client internalizes the nature of the relationship - I.e takes it seriously and that it is not just a friendly time to chit chat but is a time when serious work should be occurring.

However, personally I couldn't imagine wanting to continue a relationship with a therapist who used "guilt" in order to get me to continue to see her for her own financial benefit. I don't think I could quite get over the idea of how she viewed me as a commodity that was good for her bank account.

banana123

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 5:36 pm
A therapist saying you have a responsibility towards her is a huge red flag. Run like the wind. Find a new therapist.

banana123

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 5:38 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I don’t understand this. Since when does anyone, EVER have an obligation to use someone’s services?

In general, never.

Now, people are rightly asking if they should continue paying their cleaning ladies even though they're not coming to work due to coronavirus. Not because they have to use the cleaning lady's services but because other than for coronavirus, they would be using that cleaning lady, and the cleaning lady needs the salary, it's not her fault coronavirus made her lose work.

But at the same time, a therapist who demands this, who insists that the client has an obligation to the therapist - a therapist, mind you - is a huge red flag.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics