Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Advertising a fun school now????? What????

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 4:00 pm
I saw in a local paper an advertisement that someone is doing a fun school till pesach from nursery till 3rd grade. I really really want to call her up and give her a piece of my mind!!! What is she thinking??? Hatzola is going around with loudspeakers begging people to stay home, and she's advertising a fun school???
Would you call her or I'll sound like a crazy lady?

agreer

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 4:01 pm
Report her. This is pikuach nefesh. Call hatzala if necessary.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 4:03 pm
agreer wrote:
Report her. This is pikuach nefesh. Call hatzala if necessary.

Report her to who? Am I even allowed to report her?

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 4:05 pm
Is it in person or virtual? Call a rav and ask him to intervene. It's pikuach nefesh.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 4:05 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Is it in person or virtual? Call a rav and ask him to intervene. It's pikuach nefesh.

Someone is doing it in her house.

groovy1224

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 4:16 pm
Be Dan l'kaf zchus- she might have submitted the ad a while ago to run in this current issue, and the paper didn't take it out. A lot of people run pre-pesach camps for kids that are off from school.

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 4:18 pm
First try speaking to her. If she doesn’t listen, call a dr or Hatzala to get involved.

asmileaday

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 4:22 pm
groovy1224 wrote:
Be Dan l'kaf zchus- she might have submitted the ad a while ago to run in this current issue, and the paper didn't take it out. A lot of people run pre-pesach camps for kids that are off from school.

This. I know sheitalmachers that had already submitted their pre Pesach sale ads and it was too late to take out. Obviously they are NOT running any sales now.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 4:42 pm
groovy1224 wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking, wouldn't think otherwise for a second. People really have to think of other perspectives before just FLYING ONTO IMAMOTHER.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 4:44 pm
groovy1224 wrote:

I see the paper every day, it's the first time they're running the ad. It says from starting monday till pesach. Little kids are usually in school till a week before pesach. The ads for this paper are called in a day before.

happy12

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 9:14 pm
Call her and tell her she may be the cause of others dying .

momtra

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 1:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I see the paper every day, it's the first time they're running the ad. It says from starting monday till pesach. Little kids are usually in school till a week before pesach. The ads for this paper are called in a day before.

Being dan leaf zchus is not being in denial.
Yes, be dan lkaf zchus and call her assuming it was an old post etc., - but being dan lkaf zchus is not דוחה pikuach Nefesh!

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 1:32 am
happy12 wrote:
Call her and tell her she may be the cause of others dying .

I'm sure that she would be delighted to get that call and it will definitely encourage her to listen to you. Rolling Eyes
Whether or not you're right in your observation, nobody needs to be antagonized.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette