Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
My dry cleaners closed! Need cleaners in Flatbush

amother
OP

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 3:02 pm
As the subject says, my dry cleaners just closed because the place they send the clothes out to be cleaned has closed. We have been staying home and quarantining, but need to be able to get our clothes cleaned before Yom Tov. Can someone recommend a good dry cleaners in Flatbush that's still open, even better if they do the cleaning in-store to avoid any part of their chain breaking down?

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 3:20 pm
I wouldn't worry too much about needing the clothes for YT. Chances are, you are not leaving your house or seeing anyone.

With Cuomo mandating all non-essential work force stay home, you shouldn't be able to find a open cleaners, as I would be hard pressed to consider a dry cleaner essential.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 3:22 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
I wouldn't worry too much about needing the clothes for YT. Chances are, you are not leaving your house or seeing anyone.

With Cuomo mandating all non-essential work force stay home, you shouldn't be able to find a open cleaners, as I would be hard pressed to consider a dry cleaner essential.

Just because we’ll all be stuck home doesn’t mean we should spend yontif in our pjs. We can still dress up l’Kavof yom tov

Amarante

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 3:36 pm
As others wrote, a cleaner would be violating the mandate because dry cleaning is not essential.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 3:43 pm
Laundromats and cleaners are actually allowed to stay open under the mandate.

Amarante

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 4:04 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Laundromats and cleaners are actually allowed to stay open under the mandate.

In California, laundromats and laundry services are allowed to stay open but dry cleaners are not on the list of essential services.

I guess the thinking is that people need clean linens, underwear and washable clothing but dry cleaning is not critical to health.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 4:06 pm
Find a laundromat to do it for you.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 9:25 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Just because we’ll all be stuck home doesn’t mean we should spend yontif in our pjs. We can still dress up l’Kavof yom tov

Bump - thank you for "getting it." I don't leave my house these days, and I understand this Yom Tov will not be a typical Yom Tov. That said, I still need clean clothes, and even if I can manage, DH and DS's literally don't have enough suits and dress shirts to make it from now until Isru Chag, especially since some already need cleaning.

According to the NY restrictions I've seen, dry cleaners should still be allowed to open this week. Does anybody know of one in Flatbush or BP that's likely to still be open this week and accepting drop-offs for service?

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Mar 21 2020, 9:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bump - thank you for "getting it." I don't leave my house these days, and I understand this Yom Tov will not be a typical Yom Tov. That said, I still need clean clothes, and even if I can manage, DH and DS's literally don't have enough suits and dress shirts to make it from now until Isru Chag, especially since some already need cleaning.

According to the NY restrictions I've seen, dry cleaners should still be allowed to open this week. Does anybody know of one in Flatbush or BP that's likely to still be open this week and accepting drop-offs for service?

Landau's in BP I

Raisin

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:31 am
Dress shirts don't need dry cleaning. You can wash and iron them at home. I wash my sons suits on gentle and hang them to dry. I guess my husband will spot clean his suits.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:38 am
Most things (other than men's suits) are machine washable, actually.
Men's dress shirts definitely are.

Tzippy323

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 6:04 am
Nostrand Avenue monoco cleaners

amother
Aubergine

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 6:50 am
Dry cleaners by mail:
https://cleanly.com
https://www.greenercleaner.net.....very/
https://sudsies.com/services_express_mail.asp

Dryel - make your dryer into a dry cleaner: