Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Video - Dr. Bennett re Private Minyan

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 1:47 am

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 1:53 am
Do people really think they are fulfilling a Mitzvah and finding favor in Hashem's eyes by making their own Minyanim when the Rebbeyim are specifically saying otherwise?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 2:30 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Do people really think they are fulfilling a Mitzvah and finding favor in Hashem's eyes by making their own Minyanim when the Rebbeyim are specifically saying otherwise?

I’ll answer your question. My husband davened with this kind of minyan. Just to clarify, I disapprove and am upset he did so, but I’m not the boss of him. His reasoning is that they were careful so it’s fine. One minyan they stood far apart from each other outside and had shifts so it was never more than ten at a time. The other one was in a shul and everyone sat alone at a table and again they were far apart from each other.
I still think it’s not worth the risk, but just sharing why people think it’s ok.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:07 am
We did a backyard minyan: everyone davened on their own porch/yard many many many feet away from each other and it was beautiful.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:21 am
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
I’ll answer your question. My husband davened with this kind of minyan. Just to clarify, I disapprove and am upset he did so, but I’m not the boss of him. His reasoning is that they were careful so it’s fine. One minyan they stood far apart from each other outside and had shifts so it was never more than ten at a time. The other one was in a shul and everyone sat alone at a table and again they were far apart from each other.
I still think it’s not worth the risk, but just sharing why people think it’s ok.

Here’s why their WRONG, and it’s not ok.
This virus can be spread through the air, so if one person in the first 10 men minyan has it and leaves it in the air, the virus will STILL be in the air for the next minyan and the next and so on.
Shifts don’t matter. Sitting far apart don’t matter.

The virus lives on surfaces and in the air.

Lack of education and basic understanding of science and how viruses spread lead to this sort of ignorance.

Stay home means stay home.

cbsp

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:35 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Here’s why their WRONG, and it’s not ok.
This virus can be spread through the air, so if one person in the first 10 men minyan has it and leaves it in the air, the virus will STILL be in the air for the next minyan and the next and so on.
Shifts don’t matter. Sitting far apart don’t matter.

The virus lives on surfaces and in the air.

Lack of education and basic understanding of science and how viruses spread lead to this sort of ignorance.

Not every place is in lock down mode yet.

So people can go to Target, the pharmacy, the liquor stores (yes, that was on the list of allowed stores in our city), use public transportation, go to the libraries, etc - but can't daven while taking the appropriate safety measures???

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:43 pm
cbsp wrote:
Not every place is in lock down mode yet.

So people can go to Target, the pharmacy, the liquor stores (yes, that was on the list of allowed stores in our city), use public transportation, go to the libraries, etc - but can't daven while taking the appropriate safety measures???

The shuls aren’t closed if the city isn’t on lockdown.
So that point is moot.

Also, why are we waiting for lockdown orders from politicians to stay home?
(I shouldn’t say we, ive been home way before the politicians locked down my city)
Why don’t you listen to doctors and medical professionals?
I mean, who are these people turning to when they actually get sick? The doctors and medical professional? Makes no sense..

(No, I’m not leaving Hashem out of the Equation. I’m saying that if your going to the doctors when your I’ll listen to them when they give you advice to STAY HOME)

cbsp

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:49 pm
The shuls aren’t closed if the city isn’t on lockdown.
So that point is moot.

Not true.

Shuls were closed here last week while every other servicing industry is still open. With proper precautions why are shuls excluded?

The air in the liquor stores is miraculously cleaned while the air in shuls isn't?

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 3:22 pm
cbsp wrote:
Not true.

Shuls were closed here last week while every other servicing industry is still open. With proper precautions why are shuls excluded?

The air in the liquor stores is miraculously cleaned while the air in shuls isn't?

What is so hard to understand?
Why the politicians left liquor stores open is anyone’s guess, but not our problem.
We shouldn’t be going out, not to the grocery we shouldn’t be going to the liquor store.
Your getting stuck on stupid things like “well that’s open...”
Again, why are you listening to the politicians and not the doctors?
Doctors are saying don’t go out, listen.

No one should be going to liquor stores no one should be going to shul.

What proper precautions can you take in a shul?
This virus is transmitted through the air.
The only precautions you can take is to NOT GATHER. Period.
Take a few minutes to educate yourself about what the definition of “precautions” are.

cbsp

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 7:10 pm
What is so hard to understand?
Why the politicians left liquor stores open is anyone’s guess, but not our problem.
We shouldn’t be going out, not to the grocery we shouldn’t be going to the liquor store.
Your getting stuck on stupid things like “well that’s open...”
Again, why are you listening to the politicians and not the doctors?
Doctors are saying don’t go out, listen.

No one should be going to liquor stores no one should be going to shul.

What proper precautions can you take in a shul?
This virus is transmitted through the air.
The only precautions you can take is to NOT GATHER. Period.
Take a few minutes to educate yourself about what the definition of “precautions” are.

Again, they weren't saying "stay home period" at the time shuls were considered verboten.

They were (and still are) saying stay home unless you need to go to these various places which include the list I mentioned above - which all have the same issue of "GATHERING." (thanks for telling me to educate myself, I think I've adequately done so. ) In that case it's reasonable to ask why shuls are excluded from the list - and maybe it's reasonable to ask if it's just because it wasn't deemed important enough to TPTB who make the decisions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics