Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Vacation without pay or continue work (Israel)?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 8:56 am
I work from home but things are obviously very slow.
My employer is giving me the choice of either vacation without pay- or, to continue work on a slightly revised schedule with some different responsibilities than the usual to fill the quiet time.

Is there an obvious reason to choose one over the other?

Elfrida

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:39 am
You didn't say anything about how many children you have currently at home, which could be a big factor.

Since you didn't mention it, I'm discounting children as a factor, and recommending that you stay at work for now. It will put you in a better position when things eventually get back to normal (or whatever normal turns into).

The burden on the treasury at the moment is huge and they have no idea how to pay the mounting bill for unemployment for all of those who are on unpaid leave. If you have the option of continuing to work, then please don't increase that burden any more than is essential.

Amarante

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:24 am
How is this a choice?

What are the different factors that are weighing your decision.

Obviously all things being equal most people would want to work because they need the money. If you don't need money why are you working at all? LOL.

Why would you not want or be able to work?

SuperWify

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:26 am
Well do you need the money or not?

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:28 am
I must be missing something....don’t work and don’t get paid, or work and get paid, with slightly different responsibilities? Why is this a question? If I could work from home and get paid, that would be great!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:48 am
Vacation without pay in this situation means that the employer does not pay the employee, but benefits of this arrangement means that bituach leumi pays 70% of the monthly salary.

WitchKitty

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:48 am
Just as far as I know, you can only get avtala if you were on leave for 30 days.
If you keep on working now and then he makes you leave in 2 weeks and brings you back 3 weeks later, you might not be eligible. (don't take my word for this, especially because the laws change every day.)
Another thing to take into account is when the money will get to you.
The government has quite a few million to give people, so you can't know when you'll get the money. On the other hand, your employer has to pay you same day he does every month- on the 1st, 10th, 15th or whenever.
Lastly, remember that avtala is (I think) 2 thirds of your last salary. Try to calculate what comes out more money. Please remember that last month was 28 days, and if you get paid per day it was a smaller salary than usual.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Vacation without pay in this situation means that the employer does not pay the employee, but benefits of this arrangement means that bituach leumi pays 70% of the monthly salary.

Until bituach leumi collapse under the burden.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics