Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can someone explain
1  2  Next

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:36 am
When someone says they think they have the virus, therefore they are self quarantining, what does that mean if they live in Israel, NY, NJ, or California- where EVERYONE is self quarantining?

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:39 am
Everyone in these places are self quarantining? That's news to me.

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:40 am
I have the same question. I’m home. This is it now. I don’t understand this counting days in quarantine. This is it sisters.

The only thing I can think is if it means that when your not officially quarantined you can go pick up groceries and medical supplies.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:41 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
Everyone in these places are self quarantining? That's news to me.

They are supposed to be.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:41 am
In ca we can go out for essential needs. If someone is in self quarantine they can not go out at all.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:42 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
I have the same question. I’m home. This is it now. I don’t understand this counting days in quarantine. This is it sisters.

The only thing I can think is if it means that when your not officially quarantined you can go pick up groceries and medical supplies.

If a family is officially quarantined, how do they get groceries and medical supplies? (No deliveries available anymore in my area.)

Mommyg8

allthingsblue wrote:
They are supposed to be.

No.

SixOfWands

allthingsblue wrote:
When someone says they think they have the virus, therefore they are self quarantining, what does that mean if they live in Israel, NY, NJ, or California- where EVERYONE is self quarantining?

In NY, an asymptomatic person who hasn’t tested positive or have known exposure can go to the grocery store, the laundry room, take a walk, go to the bank, etc. a person in quarantine can’t.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:43 am
People in these areas are going to work, the bank, the grocery store.. not everyone is quarantined.

My husband is still on the subways.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:45 am
We're in NY and in self-quarantine and we won't go ANYWHERE that a human might be at. Im hoping that if I do this for 2 more weeks (its been almost a week now) we can go to my (young) parents for Pesach. Also we had the virus but no more sypmtoms by now...

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:45 am
allthingsblue wrote:
They are supposed to be.

In israel we are allowed to go out for essentials. Also where I live there are many non essential stores still open.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:47 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
People in these areas are going to work, the bank, the grocery store.. not everyone is quarantined.

Wow! I guess I'm in my own world! Everyone I know is working from home or not at work. Grocery visits are strongly discouraged by every news article, doctor etc.
The streets are deserted despite the relatively nice weather. Families are really keeping separate.

Bank- we've been able to do everything remotely, or through the drive through.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:47 am
Mommyg8 wrote:

The streets in my area of NYC are empty. Of course the health care workers and other essential workers are out but everyone else is mostly home.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:49 am
I saw a private business that runs errands in Monsey, posted today. Maybe people should get the word out that they will pay an errand runner or see if car services who need business would shop or pick up prescriptions.
In some places there is Whole Foods delivery via Amazon or there is Instacart. Some places won't deliver but have curb service.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:49 am
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
The streets in my area of NYC are empty. Of course the health care workers and other essential workers are out but everyone else is mostly home.

Not everyone can work from home or afford to quit their job.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:53 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
Not everyone can work from home or afford to quit their job.

I think it might just be different in NYC and Lakewood. I am going to lose close to 10,000 this month by not working but I dont have a choice in the matter. Cuomo ordered all non-essential workers home and my job was lost for now Sad. My husband learns so at least he can continue his (non-paying) job. (And no we don't have savings and can't afford this).

ora_43

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:53 am
allthingsblue wrote:

In Israel, it would mean:

- they do not leave the house at all, as opposed to people who weren't exposed and can still go to the grocery store, pharmacy, for short walks, or a few other things.

- they don't go to work even if they are essential workers (eg the 20 staffers at the local hospital who currently can't work because some idiot lied about having been exposed to corona Rolling Eyes )

- even within their house, they separate from other family members as much as possible. staying in a separate room, preferably using their own separate bathroom, keeping a 2-meter distance, etc.

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:30 am
We think we have the virus so we have not gone beyond our driveway in a week. Groceries are getting delivered to our doorstep. We stay inside all day except a brief outing to our private driveway to play for a few minutes

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 2:05 pm
Not sure if this helps, but we had decided to self quarantine, which meant staying home, but going out for essentials, groceries and the bank and any other crucial items. Now that we have come into contact with people who have it, we no longer are leaving the house for anything.

Raisin

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 2:36 pm
We just paid someone to do all our pesach shopping. We are all self quarantining in my house. No grocery shopping...either I will ask a neighbor to pick up some stuff or I have a delivery slot booked on friday. I think I have enough in the house till then. We are going out for walks though.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics