Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Camp rayim
1  2  3  4  Next

Lakee

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 3:21 pm
Anyone here sending to camp rayim and receive the email about buying insurance in case a parent decided to back out? Is anyone buying it? Any other sleep away camp doing this?

sim

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 3:59 pm
My son is supposed to go to Agudah Midwest and they just sent an email that they are freezing all payments until further notice. I thought that was really decent of them, as they already have cc numbers and head checks.

Lakee

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 4:20 pm
That’s what I was hoping all camps were going to do. I can’t believe we need to shell out more money for insurance and keep getting charged when so many people r out of jobs and don’t know how long this will last. I wonder what ohr chedva will do ?

mommish613

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 5:21 pm
I saw the email from Rayim. Honestly, I think it’s a response to panic and I don’t plan on purchasing. It covers you if YOU choose to cancel. If the camp opens, I iyh plan on sending. If the camp doesn’t open they will do what is halachically paskened then. I don’t see how Halacha would allow you to lose your money of camp doesn’t open...

Unless I’m missing something...

sweetart

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 5:51 pm
Maybe I am the idiot, but I bought it. I assume this is to protect them from suddenly having to refund a huge amount of money to parents at one time if camp can't open, and that they will deduct the cost of this insurance from the price of camp. I don't see how they would not be mechuyav to refund the money if they chas v'shalom can't open. I tried calling the camp #, but of course the camp office was closed & the insurance had to be bought by tonight. Hope it wasn't a mistake.

mommish613

Post Thu, Mar 19 2020, 6:18 pm
I don’t think you’re an idiot lol they did make it sound quite urgent! I’ve heard that many camps already spent the money that was used for the deposit so they may not be able to refund- maybe they would give you a credit for the next year. Either way I don’t think the insurance covers if the camp for whatever reason needs to cancel so maybe this is a way to help them refund money that may have already have already spent...

I think in general people are panicking now and not able to think logically...

imorethanamother

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 1:11 am
sweetart wrote:
Maybe I am the idiot, but I bought it. I assume this is to protect them from suddenly having to refund a huge amount of money to parents at one time if camp can't open, and that they will deduct the cost of this insurance from the price of camp. I don't see how they would not be mechuyav to refund the money if they chas v'shalom can't open. I tried calling the camp #, but of course the camp office was closed & the insurance had to be bought by tonight. Hope it wasn't a mistake.

The insurance only allows you to recoup UP TO 75% of the cost?? So that's $700 gone. So I have to pay money to get back some of my money and not the rest of it?

I didn't buy this and I hope that they refund my money.

mommish613

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 8:20 am
imorethanamother wrote:
The insurance only allows you to recoup UP TO 75% of the cost?? So that's $700 gone. So I have to pay money to get back some of my money and not the rest of it?

I didn't buy this and I hope that they refund my money.

Same. I keep getting more and more emails about it which can make a person panic!! But it still says it covers me if I cancel. I don’t plan on cancelling if they open. As of now no camps can open in the town of fallsburg, but not sure that applies to Rayim. Either way I still don’t get how this helps anyone if camp cancels because they can’t open...

mommish613

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 10:00 am
Now I just got a message that it’s mandatory and that they covering half of it...

But it still makes no sense to me. No one to talk to...

Lakee

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 2:13 pm
The whole thing makes no sense. Spoke to a few insurance people who Said it's not possible to make a camp insurance in so few days. First it was a nice email then it became mandatory and I feel like the fine print keeps changing something is really wrong it doesn't add up. Why are they the only camp doing this?

mommish613

Post Fri, Mar 20 2020, 2:31 pm
Same. I spoke to the actual insurance company they said they will not pay out if camp is closed. I feel like someone was provided with misinformation or misunderstanding and then forced it upon all the parents. I understand they are worried about how they will be able to pull this off financially (both if they open or not) so I did do it in the end because I don’t like to the bad one (and because they said we had to Sad but I have no idea what the purpose is.

UQT

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:30 am
I was so upset they sent this out. I thought it was so unfair and did not buy. They can’t raise the price of camp or add mandatory fees after sending out contracts. My husband said if something happens there will be a din Torah and will join. Everyone’s economic situation is so unstable to ask for $170 for something in august is beyond comprehension

mommish613

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:35 am
UQT wrote:
I was so upset they sent this out. I thought it was so unfair and did not buy. They can’t raise the price of camp or add mandatory fees after sending out contracts. My husband said if something happens there will be a din Torah and will join. Everyone’s economic situation is so unstable to ask for $170 for something in august is beyond comprehension

You are so right! I give you tons of credit for standing up for yourself and not doing it.

Lakee

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:40 am
How do we get them to freeze credit card payments like agudah Midwest is doing? I can't keep being charged for a camp that might not even happen when I gotta make pesach and pay for groceries and I am out of a job and my husband is terrified what's going to happen to ours?? Why can't they be a mentsch about this situation

joss3

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 11:20 am
Does anyone have any insight into what’s going on now with rayim?
They want us to pay in full and then submit a claim to insurance to be refunded?

Will they not refund the payments I made already if camp doesn’t open?

Lakee

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 11:25 am
Hi the insurance will not give you any money back if camp doesn't open its onky if camp opens and you choose not to send

joss3

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 11:58 am
So why are they telling everyone to claim for insurance?

zlata

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:02 pm
Does this mean they are not planning to open? Yikes.

Lakee

Post Sun, Jun 07 2020, 12:05 pm
Oh gosh anyone know what's going on?

funmama

Post Tue, Jun 09 2020, 7:22 pm
I sent in a claim to the insurance company camp rayim told us to sign up for, they responded that they are reviewing the claim has anyone else done this and gotten their money back?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics