Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Embarrasing & Stupido
1  2  3  4  5  Next

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:01 pm
when jews end up on the news because they don't close their schools or shuls ...

when young bored adults keep partying ... or meeting in groups in parks ...

do you not realize you are putting more people at risk ?!?!?!

groisamomma

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:05 pm
greenfire wrote:
when jews end up on the news because they don't close their schools or shuls ...

You must have "accidentally on purpose" missed the video of Friday at Prospect Park. Hundreds of non-Jewish and non-Frum bikers, walkers, families, and others.

I think all are equally stupid but I'm not cutting off my nose to spite my face at a time when klal Yisroel needs more zchusim not more kitrig.

But that's just me.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:18 pm
People are crowding into stores and basically raiding them in places where there are no Jews for miles.
I do feel that many people, especially Jews, will have a lifetime of guilt if they make someone sick and chas v'sholem something happens. Often people fail to consider the consequences.

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:25 pm
I didn't accidentally on purpose miss anything ...

I mentioned the jewish community [without specifying town] cause it was on the news & they're relying on god for salvation and not being careful & it's a chillul Hashem

& the parks I mentioned are universal jew or not because the youngen think they're immune so they care not about gatherings ... that is definitely stupido

obviously nothing is all inclusive

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:27 pm
Is it only the tiny percent of frum people you feel this way about or everyone else too?

How about NJ making an exception in their lockdown for liquor stores?

Or California, not only making an exception for marijuana stores, but for the entire cannabis supply chain like farmers, distributors, manufacturers and testing labs –which are all considered too “essential” and too sacred to be subject to the California lockdown rules?

Becuase we have so many threads here complaining about frum people and ignoring everyone else

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:32 pm
A friend told me that her son’s rav in israel told them to hide in Yeshiva and learn. They go there and turn of the light and study. This is so stupid and self righteous narcissistic behavior. She told me they boys love to learn too much so she doesn’t say anything. This is so dangerous if not for them for the mother and grandparents who live with them.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:37 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
A friend told me that her son’s rav in israel told them to hide in Yeshiva and learn. They go there and turn of the light and study. This is so stupid and self righteous narcissistic behavior. She told me they boys love to learn too much so she doesn’t say anything. This is so dangerous if not for them for the mother and grandparents who live with them.

You've got it backwards. They are actually protecting all of klal yisroel with their learning. If grandparents live with them they should be taking precautions. But possibly the boys are staying in yeshivah.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:38 pm
greenfire wrote:

Even if everyone everyone in the frum community complies 100%... they will just find something else to say.

Plus 99% of schools and shuls closed on government orders.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:39 pm
in my area they have 300 cases of carona they closed all the parks and schools snd most stores
the govenor of ny Coumo just said on tv he is upset how many people are still playing basket ball
and are in large gatherings he might open streets of ny and not have cars
next thing I think he might do is close the parks which he realy does not want to

mamma llama

amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:

Becuase we have so many threads here complaining about frum people and ignoring everyone else

This.
I'm not excusing anyone's behavior, but frum Jews are not the only ones behaving this way.

The reason we're in the news is that the world looks at Jews differently. We're the am hanivchar and they are shocked when we don't hold ourselves higher than them. It's "ok" for them to act reckless, but for a Jew, uh oh...

amother
Fuchsia

amother [ Lime ] wrote:

Right. Let's all get collectively outraged about a hearsay story about some boys hiding and learning in a (presumably) empty Yeshiva building with the lights out. Becuase they love to learn.

Now we have absolute evidence that the frum world doesn't take health precautions.

watergirl

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:51 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
You've got it backwards. They are actually protecting all of klal yisroel with their learning. If grandparents live with them they should be taking precautions. But possibly the boys are staying in yeshivah.

And they cant protect klal yisrael with their learning at home? One can only learn in a yeshiva? In the dark?

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:54 pm
watergirl wrote:
And they cant protect klal yisrael with their learning at home? One can only learn in a yeshiva? In the dark?

If they're dorming there, then what's the problem? That's actually better because then they're not going near parents and grandparents who are older and more likely to be hospitalized.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:57 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
Is it only the tiny percent of frum people you feel this way about or everyone else too?

How about NJ making an exception in their lockdown for liquor stores?

Or California, not only making an exception for marijuana stores, but for the entire cannabis supply chain like farmers, distributors, manufacturers and testing labs –which are all considered too “essential” and too sacred to be subject to the California lockdown rules?

Someone may have made some under the table deals.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:59 pm
My sister with 12 kids kah is taking this quarantine very seriously. She stepped out with a few kids to her corner for some air . She made sure that she was 6 ft apart from other people. There were news reporters on her block and the gobbled up the image of her in the streets! She’s all over the news as if she’s running to parks or stores with all her kids.

I do agree that here are still those who need to wake up! But not everyone who’s out in the streets is there for the same reason.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 1:02 pm
watergirl wrote:

Who are you kidding? They won't learn half as much at home than in yeshiva.
My grade school son whose rebbi told us at pta is kh a great kid, loves to learn, sits nicely participates etc... couldn't sit through a 20 minute recording learning session...

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 1:11 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Who are you kidding? They won't learn half as much at home than in yeshiva.
My grade school son whose rebbi told us at pta is kh a great kid, loves to learn, sits nicely participates etc... couldn't sit through a 20 minute recording learning session...

People need to wake up when there is a plague it’s not the time to be so righteous and go learn in Yeshiva with cross contamination. Are you for real!???? People are dying and the numbers are growing fast. If you love to learn learn at home on the phone. It is very difficult for everyone but you need to obey the quarantine. Even if ds can’t concentrate. I have kids at home and Dh and I have a cold. I can’t even get tested. There are no test kits

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 1:16 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
People need to wake up when there is a plague it’s not the time to be so righteous and go learn in Yeshiva with cross contamination. Are you for real!???? People are dying and the numbers are growing fast. If you love to learn learn at home on the phone. It is very difficult for everyone but you need to obey the quarantine. Even if ds can’t concentrate. I have kids at home and Dh and I have a cold. I can’t even get tested. There are no test kits

Oh good. What a great idea. Fighting over a probably made up story about a made up person. Be cause we gotta fight over SOMETHING.

I was just explaining why it's better to learn in yeshivah than at home in GENERAL. Again this is completely hearsay and is probably not true.

Laiya

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 1:23 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
If they're dorming there, then what's the problem? That's actually better because then they're not going near parents and grandparents who are older and more likely to be hospitalized.

I think it would be fine if every single person, including the rebbeim, were all quarantined together in the dorm. With no one leaving. But as long as one person leaves, even a rebbe to go home to his family, they've just magnified the possibility of infecting others exponentially.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 1:28 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
Oh good. What a great idea. Fighting over a probably made up story about a made up person. Be cause we gotta fight over SOMETHING.

I was just explaining why it's better to learn in yeshivah than at home in GENERAL. Again this is completely hearsay and is probably not true.

Great we agree that we should just stay home now. This is the least we can do.

https://youtu.be/tG5-ik7PrQs
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics