Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Weddings this week???
Previous  1  2

Sebastian

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 7:51 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I don’t get it.

First and foremost, why take the risk. Seriously. Even just parents and siblings is a lot of people who shouldn’t all be together.

More practically, what are you telling these kids to do? Go to their new home and shelter in place? Make their first Shabbat. Pesach, just the two of them. Hope the Mikva has stays open. And if Chas vshalom one becomes ill, deal with it alone, because parents aren’t allowed to come there.

For what reason?

how long should they push it off? It's not like this is likely to blow over soon.

And why can't they make their own Shabbat/Pesach? They are adults.

yiddishmom

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 8:28 pm
My brother is getting married next week bshaah tova. If all the restrictions remain as it is now then they will have it in my parent's backyard, just immediate family.

Why are people making it earlier in the day?[quote]

nycgal

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 8:30 pm
[quote="yiddishmom"]My brother is getting married next week bshaah tova. If all the restrictions remain as it is now then they will have it in my parent's backyard, just immediate family.

Why are people making it earlier in the day?
Quote:

It’s warmer and lighter earlier in the day.

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 9:33 pm
[quote="yiddishmom"]My brother is getting married next week bshaah tova. If all the restrictions remain as it is now then they will have it in my parent's backyard, just immediate family.

Why are people making it earlier in the day?
Quote:

Because of the 8 pm curfew

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 9:36 pm
trixx wrote:
Bc its a huge mitzvah.
Bc you cant be engaged indefinitely and expect the couple to stay shomer negiah.
I know someone who was supposed to get married 2 weeks ago, they pushed it off thinking this would all blow over.. I feel really bad for them.

The shomer negiah part is probably not an issue- the chosson and kallah probably can't even see each other , and where would they even go

amother
Peach

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 9:45 pm
I know a family that transferred their wedding to PA where weddings are still allowed.

Rubber Ducky

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 9:49 pm
DH attended a wedding today without leaving our home — the chosson and kallah used Zoom to broadcast their chuppah online.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:04 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
I know a family that transferred their wedding to PA where weddings are still allowed.

Because everybody knows that corona virus wouldn't dare spread in PA!! Can't Believe It Im with stupid

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:04 pm
trixx wrote:
Bc its a huge mitzvah.
Bc you cant be engaged indefinitely and expect the couple to stay shomer negiah.
I know someone who was supposed to get married 2 weeks ago, they pushed it off thinking this would all blow over.. I feel really bad for them.

Last time I checked 6 feet is SN... [align=justify] Banging head

agreer

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:39 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I don’t get it.

First and foremost, why take the risk. Seriously. Even just parents and siblings is a lot of people who shouldn’t all be together.

More practically, what are you telling these kids to do? Go to their new home and shelter in place? Make their first Shabbat. Pesach, just the two of them. Hope the Mikva has stays open. And if Chas vshalom one becomes ill, deal with it alone, because parents aren’t allowed to come there.

For what reason?

We really, really don't like to push off weddings.

The young couple doesn't have to live on their own yet. They can live with one set of parents and then continue to quarantine/isolate there. True, it's not ideal, but none of this is.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:48 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:

im sorry but thats disgusting. Circumvent the rules to please them who cares about anyone else?. They are there for a reason. do they not care about the people who live in PA? Please stay away we dont want your NY germs !
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics