Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
In NYS, will all shops except food be shuttered for 2 wks?
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 12:32 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
I would sooner eat potatoes and carrots from a farm for pesach than be a rosha and endanger someone's life but that's just me
Unfortunately this will go down as another dark ugly period in Jewish history

Excuse me? It's after 12 am and dh isn't home yet as he and many other tzaddikim are volunteering to pack food package to homebound families. You should see the chessed and care going around.

This will go down as a difficult but shining through the dark period in jewish history.

singleagain

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 1:11 am
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
I'm sure I personally could do so, but it's a little hard to feed a large family on just potatoes (assuming I can get potatoes, the stores here have none).

Most people agree that grocery shopping is a necessity. I'd rather get it shipped of course, but the stores don't seem to be offering that right now.

It's not that the stores don't want to offer it. They can't keep up with the demand. I work in a store. And between covid, regular pesach and first timers, we don't have the manpower to deliver for everyone. But keep checking websites, you may be able to put in an order for next week. But then, yes at a certain point we gave to cut off acceptance of new orders.

Also, try contacting the better vendor directly. He might be able to cut and package your maet and put it aside for you to come in and get in line and purchase. It minimized the time you are out

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 2:48 am
singleagain wrote:
It's not that the stores don't want to offer it. They can't keep up with the demand. I work in a store. And between covid, regular pesach and first timers, we don't have the manpower to deliver for everyone. But keep checking websites, you may be able to put in an order for next week. But then, yes at a certain point we gave to cut off acceptance of new orders.

Also, try contacting the better vendor directly. He might be able to cut and package your maet and put it aside for you to come in and get in line and purchase. It minimized the time you are out

Oh, I understand completely. I have ZERO complaints to the stores. I know they are overloaded with regular local deliveries and pickup orders, and would not expect them to go through the extra hassle of shipping.

This was our last day with a car for the time being, and DH did not end up going. We're pretty far OOT. So either I will find a place to ship, or we will have to survive Pesach with whatever I got last time that is KLP.

baby12x

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:17 am
Here is something I wrote to try to help me keep perspective about this Pesach.
I don't have a car so shopping is even more hazardous. This will definitely be a pesach "without"

https://adimesaved.com/the-simple-life

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 6:15 am
That little Hispanic market that DH and I went to in order to avoid a crowd had eggs, toilet paper and produce. We could get there on foot if we had to and use umbrella strollers to get the stuff home. We have a car but the taxi services are hurting for business so anyone without a car should consider taking a cab to an ethnic market.
Also, according to a clip that I saw, the confirmed infection rate in the frum community is much higher as a percentage of our population than in the general population and all of our population are now viewed as carriers. Cities, such as parts of Crown Heights, with outdoor produce markets are also good bets.
Out of town, you have to research these ethnic markets and if you have no car, take a cab.

amother
Beige

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 7:02 am
Fertility clinics are open
Alcohol stores are open
Hardware stores are open
You can’t hire a hardner
Beaut t y shops closed
Nail palars r closed

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 1:19 pm
Cookiegirl wrote:
Hey Chocolate Moose! Nice to see your pixels!

thank you, it's nice to be here! I haven't been here since feb 2019. I missed half a million posts!!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics