Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
You know the kids are home from school for a long time when,
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 3:53 pm
I made a functioning violin with a tissue box and empty roll towel paper. Cut a whole the size of diameter of roll, on the tall top of tissue box and push in roll. Put a few rubber bands around the length of the box and strum a tune!

SuperWify

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 4:07 pm
When your kid who fights you every day about going to playgroup randomly says, “I want Morah.”

When you’ve got pretzels all over your bedroom after you just cleaned for Pesach. So you vacuum on Monday, then a repeat on Tuesday so you vacuum again till Wednesday...

When your printer runs out of ink from all the 100s of coloring sheets you printed.

When you homeschool ends 30 minutes after you started because your student wasn’t listening and your left talking to the walls...

I have lots more.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 4:33 pm
When the little ones start crying and you finally figure out that they're upset because they were actually listening along to the sad story on Wonderwords or Pirchei or whatever Hotline (I lose track!) that older dd called. You know, the hotline that she calls all the time anyway and the younger kids totally tune out or ignore.

(Anonymous because I've shared this with tons of people in real life cuz the little ones are LITTLE.)

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 5:11 pm
When your grandkids who aren't normally allowed internet access Skype you every day so you can entertain them and give their mom a minute to breathe.

UQT

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 9:30 pm
When you tell your kid that pharaoh didn’t let the yidden go and she says were also not allowed to go anywhere.

bnm

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 9:56 pm
My kid at mid day- the bus didn't come, please drive me to school.

boat

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 10:01 pm
When you look forward to the day Lakewood traffic will resume.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 10:07 pm
when you make a hopscotch across your kitchen floor out of masking/painting tape.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 10:41 pm
When your messiest child is so bored that he decides to clean his room thoroughly!!!
This has never ever happened!! I literally feel like it's the times of mashiach!

erm

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 10:47 pm
when a quick trip to the grocery felt like a long exotic vacation!

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 12:48 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
When your autistic kid who will usually happily spend his entire life on a computer alone starts begging you to let him out so he can see actual people.

LOL I have so many memes about my autistic child that I can't share with anyone.

"He's always practiced social distancing! He'll probably be the one who will never get covid!"

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:11 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
LOL I have so many memes about my autistic child that I can't share with anyone.

"He's always practiced social distancing! He'll probably be the one who will never get covid!"

Share pls!
Many of us could & understand/live with the struggle too...

rowo

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 2:17 am
When my preschooler dd hasn’t worn regular clothes in days. It’s either pyjama’s or dress ups. She’s loving it! (that aspect of it) no fights about clothes.

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 2:29 am
DD asked to wear her uniform again to feel normal.

huva

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 5:35 am
When theres suddenly tons of clean clothes in your childrens drawers, b/c they stay in py's all day.
They take a shower and simply change into fresh py's.

avrahamama

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 8:41 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
When your messiest child is so bored that he decides to clean his room thoroughly!!!
This has never ever happened!! I literally feel like it's the times of mashiach!

I would too! I'm so jealous. Mine is just spreading the mess out more. He should be blessed!

amother
Red

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:31 am
When your kid volunteers to mop the floor out of despair

Pooh

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 2:53 pm
When the kid that always tries to sneak out with one or more pieces of his uniform missing has been voluntarily wearing uniform every day of the quarantine so far!

pause

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 4:27 pm
When you find yourself taking the garbage bag out twice a day.

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 4:37 pm
Zehava wrote:
When you google things like “how to make crafts out of tissue boxes”

You could make a car out of it
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics