Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Strep or Corona?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 2:34 am
DH is feeling quite ill (low 40's) aches, chills, the whole stuff. However, his main complaint is an excruciating sore throat. He can hardly swallow.

How can we tall a difference without seeing a dr?

Elfrida

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 2:51 am
Go to a pharmacy and buy a rapid strep test. If it comes out positive call your doctor. Actually, if it comes out negative call him as well.

flmommy

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 6:06 am
I do not think you should go to the pharmacy!! You have very likely been exposed. Call your dr.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 6:27 am
My husband dealt with these symptoms for three days then finally went to urgent care-it was strep!!! Took medication and he is now much better thank gd!!!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 7:04 am
OP, that sounds like strep. Corona sore throat is very annoying, but not excruciating. You can still swallow.

I've had both, and strep is much more painful. Another thing, with Corona the sore throat only lasts a day or two before it progresses into different symptoms. If the sore throat lingers and gets worse, then it is definitely strep.

Do keep in mind though, that it is entirely possible to get both AT THE SAME TIME. One is a virus, and the other is a bacteria. You can treat the strep, and the Corona will still stick around for a while, because it takes longer to clear the system.

Refuah Sheliemah!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics