Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
The ranch at bethel
1  2  Next

pecan

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 11:11 pm
Wondering if anyone has heard anything about Rabbi Zechariah wallerstein's ranch at bethel for girls. It's a therapeutic place and only reopened recently. Has anyone heard of success yet?

Rappel

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 11:34 pm
I know someone who worked there two years ago, and it sounded amazing then. Rabbi Wallerstein also has an amazing track record of truly caring about people, and saving lives.

pecan

Post Sat, Mar 07 2020, 11:45 pm
I thought it started and closed down. Then it started up in 2019 again. Do you know if she worked in the old or new one?

ladYdI

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 1:07 am
Following For more info
I did hear it is currently open with 12 females

pecan

Post Sun, Mar 08 2020, 10:27 am
Any information about types of girls and therapists?

eight

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:43 am
Looking for info too

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 3:14 am
I know a few people who were there. Please don’t go there. There are much better options.

cnc

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 4:34 am
Can you Pm me with more info?

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 6:08 am
I know a girl there now and is very happy and doing well. I also know a girl that worked there in the summer who spoke highly of it.

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 9:24 am
Residential programs are very expensive! He accepts girls that can’t pay full price and will never kick out a girl after 30 or 90 days which is what all the residential programs do.
Can anybody post positive and negative on residential residential program for eating disorders? Prefer very close personal experience only. Also how you did your research or got the referral to that place.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 9:59 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Residential programs are very expensive! He accepts girls that can’t pay full price and will never kick out a girl after 30 or 90 days which is what all the residential programs do.
Can anybody post positive and negative on residential residential program for eating disorders? Prefer very close personal experience only. Also how you did your research or got the referral to that place.

Actually, The Ranch is the most expensive program I know of. It’s around $15,000 a month and they do not take insurance. Most programs take insurance so it’s a non issue.

lauful

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:00 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:

Can you PM me? I have a lot of experience with eating disorders and would be happy to help you!

eight

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:01 am
Who do you contact the the ranch ?

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:29 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Actually, The Ranch is the most expensive program I know of. It’s around $15,000 a month and they do not take insurance. Most programs take insurance so it’s a non issue.

Most places may officially take insurance, but the insurance company will rarely pay. At least that's what I found.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 3:22 pm
This is an exact quote from my friend who was there recently. Please please please keep this in mind. Mental health is pikuach nefesh just like physical health:

Hi I spent quite some time there. I was struggling plenty and admitted full of hope that this would be the place that can help me, after all they promised the world. Funny that I actually thought I was going to get treatment there, when I was there they did not even have a licensed therapist!! The director is only trained in ABA so she doesnt know how to deal with many mental health issues which is what most of us came in with. If you want a place that will not stop preaching and try to force you to be religious, this is the place for you, the rabbi takes pride in the fact that he puts religion above mental health, his pride and joy is his kosher kitchen and shabbos staff who were girls my age that had absolutely no idea what they were doing. The ranch is yet another one of wallersteins ego boosters, one that is robbing innocent people of their money while they can be using that to pay for treatment that actually helps.
To prove my point, every single girl I was there with landed in the hospital less than 2 weeks after they got home. If your looking for someplace to help with mental health, look elsewhere, this is not the place.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 3:33 pm
This is an exact quote from my friend who was there recently. Please please please keep this in mind. Mental health is pikuach nefesh just like physical health:

Hi I spent quite some time there. I was struggling plenty and admitted full of hope that this would be the place that can help me, after all they promised the world. Funny that I actually thought I was going to get treatment there, when I was there they did not even have a licensed therapist!! The director is only trained in ABA so she doesnt know how to deal with many mental health issues which is what most of us came in with. If you want a place that will not stop preaching and try to force you to be religious, this is the place for you, the rabbi takes pride in the fact that he puts religion above mental health, his pride and joy is his kosher kitchen and shabbos staff who were girls my age that had absolutely no idea what they were doing. The ranch is yet another one of wallersteins ego boosters, one that is robbing innocent people of their money while they can be using that to pay for treatment that actually helps.
To prove my point, every single girl I was there with landed in the hospital less than 2 weeks after they got home. If your looking for someplace to help with mental health, look elsewhere, this is not the place.

Going under my SN, I believe this post has at least some truth to it. Based on first hand info I have. But I can’t say that there are no licensed therapists. I believe that maybe the licensed individuals are not living in the home but are working with the girls. Can’t say for sure. I only know how things were about 2 years ago. It’s forever changing over there.

amother
Violet

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 5:56 pm

I was actually there myself and will tell you this, if you are looking for actual therapy and help with a diagnosed mental illness STAY AWAY!!!!! This is not the place to go. There are so many programs that take insurance and actually help and have the therapy they claim to have.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 7:41 pm
Why were 2 threads about it bumped today just to say that it wasn’t good when nobody asked?

amother
Salmon

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 7:55 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
Why were 2 threads about it bumped today just to say that it wasn’t good when nobody asked?

Probably because people look back at old threads for information

cnc

Post Sat, Oct 17 2020, 7:56 pm

Unfortunately 15,000 a month is not expensive for a residential rehabilitation program. There are state run facilities that will a will accept Medicaid, but other than that facilities are usually private pay.

I would also be curious to hear who runs the program as I don’t know of any licensed therapists that are on staff/ grounds .
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics