Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I love quarantine
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:56 pm
I'm a major homebody. I'm basically always home anyway. I literally could care less about the quarantine rules.

Yeah, homeschool is challenging. But its acctually going surprisingly well! I can get deliveries, talk to friends on the phone, work from home, I have my internet...

Yeah, my relatives cant come in for pesach, but last year we had pesach by ourselves by choice. I love my family. I love that im not missing out on anything.

Am I the only one?

Am I antisocial?

Stars

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 2:03 pm
Me too but my kids are not like me. They need social interaction and air.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 2:22 pm
In an ideal situation I can see the benefits. But with me not feeling well, having to juggle working from home, my husband’s business likely to close, and people we know sick or dying, there’s too much stress to enjoy it.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 2:26 pm
There is one giant plus for me. I am not wearing a bra. It is such a joy to know nobody is coming over- not even to my door. Very happy to quarantine my bras. My breasts have never been happier.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 2:31 pm
Same. It's interesting as I used to be very extroverted but as I became a mom and then again when I cut my work life I became more and more comfortable (and dare I say happier?) being just home.
I do miss not knowing when my free time is (like Fridays when kids are out and I'm off work) and just a bit missing my routine and motivation to get out of bed.

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 2:39 pm
Havent worn a bra in days. Best few days of my life

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 2:39 pm
I can't be with my grandchildren so I don't love it.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 2:51 pm
we had a scare with mandotary quarantine my husband was ill and thought he caught it from a patient thank g-d within a week he was tested and found out he did not have it
I hate staying home its very depressing

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 2:53 pm
You love it because you're most likely feeling good b"h.

In general I wouldn't mind the
quarantine. I love being home, I have a big house and big property.

But I didn't feel well last week and my husband's not feeling well this week. The groceries in my area aren't delivering. We have enough food but I have this niggling worry and stress that we may run out.

Occupying the kids is a whole nother deal. I can give them unlimited screentime but that won't be good for anyone. Not all of them want to listen to their Rebbe's conferences, but I make them do it anyway. (The one's that have Zoom are more interested.)
It's exhausting overall and there's no downtime, only once everyone is asleep, which doesn't happen till much later at night.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 6:04 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
There is one giant plus for me. I am not wearing a bra. It is such a joy to know nobody is coming over- not even to my door. Very happy to quarantine my bras. My breasts have never been happier.

I remember those days. Clearly you don't have teenage boys.

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 6:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm a major homebody. I'm basically always home anyway. I literally could care less about the quarantine rules.

Yeah, homeschool is challenging. But its acctually going surprisingly well! I can get deliveries, talk to friends on the phone, work from home, I have my internet...

Yeah, my relatives cant come in for pesach, but last year we had pesach by ourselves by choice. I love my family. I love that im not missing out on anything.

Am I the only one?

Am I antisocial?

Me me me me. Could have written every word of this. Down to making pesach by ourselves last year voluntarily and this year planning to have company which may not happen...

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 8:53 pm

You are obviously an a or b

If you are c or a ddd, your back will rebel violently the older you get

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 8:57 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
You are obviously an a or b

If you are c or a ddd, your back will rebel violently the older you get

I'm a DDD in my late 40's. Back is fine. Although my breasts are pretty large, they don't seem that heavy and in any case nothing is as uncomfortable as being in an underwire all day long.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 8:58 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I remember those days. Clearly you don't have teenage boys.

I have one. 13. But special needs and oblivious to such things.

wantavaca

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 9:33 pm
I love how a discussion about quarantine turned into breasts!

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 9:41 pm
wantavaca wrote:
I love how a discussion about quarantine turned into breasts!

Listen, life has thrown a big curve ball here. Gotta find the silver linings. For me it's going a whole day without a bra. That's my happiness right now.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 9:49 pm
I dont need to get out. I am ok home a'll day. I only cant deal with the issies like add and impulsively annoyinh others and explosive behavior thats happening since e.o. is home all day. If everyone would just chill and behave I dont mind the quarantine aspect. I am obv comcerned abt evwryone who is suffering from sickness and financialnloss and other issies. So its not a party either way.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:12 pm
I have a DD who is thrilled. she can go days without leaving the house on a regular week. I cannot relate at all. I'm extremely social. She is so happy that no one comes over nowadays and that she can stay in her room all day.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:25 pm
Listen, life has thrown a big curve ball here. Gotta find the silver linings. For me it's going a whole day without a bra. That's my happiness right now.

Love this !!!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 5:46 am
I like being home with no pressure that someone (even a kid) might come over and see the mess.
I like that my kids are not asking me to take them anywhere since they know there’s no where to go.
I like that everyone calmed down with shopping for clothing. Such a stress..
I’m happy to see that my usually difficult preteen son is calm at home and finding things to keep himself busy with- good things, not wasting time bH. That is truly a miracle.
I do not like that I feel run down and never have time for myself.
I do not like serving meals the whole day and always left with a messy kitchen.
I do not like that my dh has coronavirus and is in his room most of the day leaving me to entertain and take care of the kids alone.
It’s also hard that I have to care for a grown sick man in addition to the kids.
I’m worried that we lost a lot of money and if things get worse we might not be able to manage.
It’s sad that shuls around the world are dark and locked up.
I’m do like staying home... I have very little social interaction anyway but I’m worried that life might not ever be the same again and that is very frightening.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics