Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Where to order vegetable peeler from ISRAEL?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:02 am
I heard that it's okay to purchase a vegetable peeler from Israel instead of dipping one.
Does anyone know where I can order one online? Can you please post links?

Thank you!

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:08 am
Where do you live? Shipping from Israel is not so reliable on a good day. Minimum 2 weeks to get out of the country. I once had to ship some documents "2 day express", paid 36 shekels for the service, and they arrived a month later.

BTW, in Israel, we toivel all of our utensils too, even if bought from a Jewish owned and operated shop.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:08 am
The vaad harabbanim of Baltimore will be posting pesach guidelines. Among them is how to purchase and use needed stuff for this year only without toveling.
(They do advise you use disposables as much as possible and use this leniency only for essentials such as pots, knives, peelers.)
You can check Baltimore Jewish Life online to see if it was posted yet.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:27 am
Israel.also imports stuff, and some factories are Arab owned. Many employ Arab workers. You need to check the production details before you can say it doesn't need toiveling. We normally toivel it anyway.

Getting delivery of a single vegetable peeler in normal times might not be so smooth, but now you really couldn't count on it.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:37 am
Elfrida wrote:
Israel.also imports stuff, and some factories are Arab owned. Many employ Arab workers. You need to check the production details before you can say it doesn't need toiveling. We normally toivel it anyway.

Getting delivery of a single vegetable peeler in normal times might not be so smooth, but now you really couldn't count on it.

True. I doubt there is a vegetable peeler factory in Israel. I'm pretty sure that 99.9% of everything in Israel is made in China.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 12:34 pm
Arrange someone to pickup everyone’s new stuff to toivel them. The stuff here that doesn’t need toiveling is often cheap quality.
Look online for plastic ones. I know about very sharp plastic knives...

singleagain

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 12:36 pm
The kosher cook is a kitchen chain made by the ner mitzvah people and does not need tevila. They are in Jersey and sell in kosher supermarkets.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 5:12 pm
singleagain wrote:
The kosher cook is a kitchen chain made by the ner mitzvah people and does not need tevila. They are in Jersey and sell in kosher supermarkets.

thank you! Do you think I can order online by any chance?

singleagain

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 5:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thank you! Do you think I can order online by any chance?

This pink one from Amazon is abuse delivery Sunday to my NJ location. The green one that says pareve wouldn't come till after pesach.

Pink Y Vegetable Peeler - Heavy Duty, Ultra Sharp Stainless Steel Swiss Blade, Ergonomic Plastic Handle - Color Coded Kitchen Tools by The Kosher Cook https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ed4ea

singleagain

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 5:19 pm
The pink in the only one for Sunday. The others all day April something

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 6:45 pm
singleagain wrote:

Thank you so much! And how do you know that this definitely does not need to be dipped?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 6:48 pm
singleagain wrote:

That was really so kind of you to find it and link it for me! I really appreciate it!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 6:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you so much! And how do you know that this definitely does not need to be dipped?

The packages say no tevilla required. See the link. The items are available at kosher supermarkets and Jewish hardware stores.
https://www.thekoshercook.com/about-us

singleagain

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 7:02 pm
I work in a kosher supermarket. The kosher cook brand does not need to be dipped since it is owned by Jews.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 7:58 pm
ra_mom wrote:
The packages say no tevilla required. See the link. The items are available at kosher supermarkets and Jewish hardware stores.
https://www.thekoshercook.com/about-us

That is correct as long as the item is sold at a Jewish owned store. However if it is sold in a non-Jewish store, then it will still need tvilah. Our large, non-kosher supermarket was selling them and the local vaad put out notices warned people that they in fact do need tvilah if bought from a non-Jewish store.

singleagain

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 9:14 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
That is correct as long as the item is sold at a Jewish owned store. However if it is sold in a non-Jewish store, then it will still need tvilah. Our large, non-kosher supermarket was selling them and the local vaad put out notices warned people that they in fact do need tvilah if bought from a non-Jewish store.

It appears that it is sold on Amazon, through kosher cook. So that shouldn't be an issue.

Chana Miriam S

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 1:17 am
Buy a CERAMIC blade peeler.

singleagain

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:05 pm
Also my dad just said a peeler might not need taveling. So ask your LOR

singleagain

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:21 pm
singleagain wrote:
Also my dad just said a peeler might not need taveling. So ask your LOR

Nope
.he was mistaken. Here a picture of the list form my mik on what needs to be dunked.

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics