Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Put down money for camps in Lkwd. Can I get my money back
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 12:32 pm
I put down at least a couple thousand dollars in deposits for camp. Will I be refunded?

sweet

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 12:44 pm
Do you think camp wont open this summer?
I wanted to register my daughter to C.C. but I figured I will wait until corona virus is over...

Prettygirl30

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 12:54 pm
I spoke to a camp owner here in Lakewood ... her response to me was I doubt we could open.. who's going to have money to pay?

gdgirl

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 12:59 pm
You may as well ask them. Anyone here would be guessing. Also, can't we just hope for the best at this point, ie things will clear up by then? Yeshuas Hashem Kheref Ayin

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I put down at least a couple thousand dollars in deposits for camp. Will I be refunded?

I spoke to my girls day camp, they said that in the event that they do not open they will refund. but no decision will be made until the end of May or possibly mid June.
If the schools opem then day camps will open.
Its possible this will end sooner than we expect.

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:24 pm
I’m assuming if services weren’t rendered they would have to refund

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:49 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
I’m assuming if services weren’t rendered they would have to refund

If they invested money on your behalf on camp and they are forced to close halachiclly and legally they may not need to refund. (Like the hotel programs).
Most likely a lot of deposit money was spent already so they don’t even have it to return.

Camp Rayim is already discussing giving refunds.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:51 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
If they invested money on your behalf on camp and they are forced to close halachiclly and legally they may not need to refund. (Like the hotel programs).
Most likely a lot of deposit money was spent already so they don’t even have it to return.

Agreed but the money was spent on stuff they can use next yr.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Why couple of thousands? Day camps were asking $300 a camper for deposit

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:56 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Why couple of thousands? Day camps were asking $300 a camper for deposit

My kids day camp requires payment in full to process applications. I paid in full for one kid

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 1:57 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
My kids day camp requires payment in full to process applications. I paid in full for one kid

Wow! Most camps ask for a deposit and head checks for may or june.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 2:01 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Agreed but the money was spent on stuff they can use next yr.

T-shirts and giveaways with year printed
Reserving trip locations
Etc
All that costs money.
Maybe they would apply $$ to a different year

I also only paid deposits - about $200-300 per kid (adds up to tons). I did give head checks but that I don’t think they can cash if there is no camp.

Sewsew_mom

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 2:03 pm
If they don't give back your money just bring them to the directors house every day in the summer.. That should get u a refund at some point.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 3:16 pm
Sewsew_mom wrote:
If they don't give back your money just bring them to the directors house every day in the summer.. That should get u a refund at some point.

We are isolating. If we could do that there is camp.
Besides if legally they can do it then you are wrong. This is the reason you give a deposit - so they can spend money to prepare for camp.
If it is out of their control they didn’t mess up.

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 3:30 pm
I wouldn’t hold my breath to get money back. There are going to be so many scenarios like this. They likely don’t have the money to give back to you. Do I ask my (small) gym for my money back from this month? She probably has no money left either. There’s just no money. Who knows what’s going to be.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 3:35 pm
Its 3 months till camp. Is this going to last that long???

cuffs

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 4:15 pm
gdgirl wrote:
You may as well ask them. Anyone here would be guessing. Also, can't we just hope for the best at this point, ie things will clear up by then? Yeshuas Hashem Kheref Ayin

Or let's hope moshiach will come and we will be in eretz Yisroel!

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 4:49 pm
I predict there will be a lot of lawsuits and batei din about this issue once the crisis is over . There is gym memberships , tuition , seminary , etc . And then comes the million dollar question if salaried employees should get paid.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 5:15 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:

Camp Rayim is already discussing giving refunds.

Camp Rayim only discussed that WE should pay more so that we can reimbursed up to a certain percentage. Maybe. And if they have to cancel, then they'll see what allllll the camps decide to do and then only do what everyone has agreed upon.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 7:32 pm
I read a letter from a camp(don't know which one!)that said they would not cash any check before pessach and would return the money if they didn't open!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics