Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Coronavirus- for a child- what's it like???

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 9:26 am
My son who gets strep a few times a year, has some typical strep symptoms. His throat hurts, stomache hurts and head hurts. No fever, no body aches, but a general feeling of being sick. This has been going on for almost a week. Hes in a lot pain, taking tylenol everyday for it. We don't have anyone in the family who has typical covid symptoms.. just some of the more random ones- loose stools, congestion with slight cough. My doctor doesn't want to do a strep culture saying my son probably has coronavirus. Can it last this long and intensely in a child? He is ten years old. I just don't want him to suffer longer if it's really strep and not this virus. Has anyone's child been experiencing similar symptoms and seen it go away on its own. thanks

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:19 am
bump. anyone?

applesbananas

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:27 am
Something is off... let them come to the car and do a culture. You cant let a kid suffer for so long w.o reason...

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:36 am
Having the same exact issue. I bought a rapid strep test kit on Amazon. That way if it’s positive I can tell the dr and get medicine. Good luck!

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:41 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Having the same exact issue. I bought a rapid strep test kit on Amazon. That way if it’s positive I can tell the dr and get medicine. Good luck!

Often rapids have false negatives.

Op, it does sound like strep esoecially that he is prone to it. DO NOT NEGLECT STREP. again. DO NOT NEGLECT STREP. I'm dealing with pans/pandas now. It is HELL.

Can you go to andifferent doctor?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 10:49 am
I’ve been debating going to a different doctor- an urgent care in the home kind.. now I definitely think I will. Thanks

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 11:43 am
My child got rheumatic fever at around age 11 because of strep that wasn’t treated. I kept taking him to the doctor and they kept saying it was other things. Don’t risk it. Try to get him cultured somehow

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:36 am
Def go for culture. Have dr come to the car.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 7:56 am
Thank you ladies for encouraging me! My son's overnight culture was positive.

applesbananas

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:49 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you ladies for encouraging me! My son's overnight culture was positive.

Mothers intuition Not worthy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics