Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Hydroxychloroquine
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 9:44 am
Anyone took this medication for coronavirus?
Please tell me your experience, did it help? and side effects...?

amother
White

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:12 am
Isn't this the malaria drug they've been using?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:13 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
Isn't this the malaria drug they've been using?

Yes

WhatFor

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:30 am
It's a very strong drug with side effects and contraindications as well. Dr. Fauci said that there is not yet reliable evidence that it helps; it's still being tested. Please do not take it without a doctor's supervision. Just the other day a man died from taking it without a doctor's guidance and his wife wound up in the ICU.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:37 am
I did and saw tremendous response. I feel like I dodged a bullet here. if not for treatment I no doubt would have been hospitalized.
good luck .

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:39 am
WhatFor wrote:
It's a very strong drug with side effects and contraindications as well. Dr. Fauci said that there is not yet reliable evidence that it helps; it's still being tested. Please do not take it without a doctor's supervision. Just the other day a man died from taking it without a doctor's guidance and his wife wound up in the ICU.

Read the report please. They used aquarium supplies which is hydrochloroquine based. that's the reason they had that reaction .

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:40 am
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
I did and saw tremendous response. I feel like I dodged a bullet here. if not for treatment I no doubt would have been hospitalized.
good luck .

How long until you saw improvement? Any side effects? Were you taking anything else along with it?
Sorry so many questions, I'm currently caring for my sick husband, under guidance of a Dr of course

WhatFor

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:43 am
Read the report please. They used aquarium supplies which is hydrochloroquine based. that's the reason they had that reaction .

If that's true it still goes to people not trying to take strong drugs for themselves without a doctor's supervision. People are panicking and taking things without talking to professionals and without knowing who the manufacturer is or what's in there.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:44 am
48 hours until I saw dramatic improvement.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:05 am

That only answered her first question...

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:04 pm

So most likely you just got over it, regardless of the meds.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:12 pm
I will only answer MAY YOU NEVER SEE THE URGENT NEED TO REQUIRE THIS.
Enough said.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 3:46 pm
Just spoke with one of my MDs (not personal, my coworker) they told me that all the hospital patients are receiving it and it is not showing the promises touted.
Additionally, just an FYI, it is hard to get if not hospitalized

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 3:49 pm

I did NOT take it and 48 hours later I saw a dramatic improvement in my symptoms.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 3:53 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Just spoke with one of my MDs (not personal, coworker's) they told me that all the hospital patients are receiving it and it is not showing the promises touted.
Additionally, just an FYI, it is hard to get ifnot hospitalized

The question is if it is more effective in preventing hospitalizations. Some promising results from tocilzumad...

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:01 pm
I am a nurse manager in a role which involves emergency management for a large hospital system. I am actively reviewing the open cases throughout my state on a daily basis. The success rate of plaquenil is still inconclusive. Please follow your provider’s recommendations, and be aware that the “miracle drug” may or may not be this one. At the end of the day, this is all yad Hashem.

cbsp

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:09 pm
WhatFor wrote:
If that's true it still goes to people not trying to take strong drugs for themselves without a doctor's supervision. People are panicking and taking things without talking to professionals and without knowing who the manufacturer is or what's in there.

It is true, why the "if"?

From the NBC report/interview :

The name "chloroquine" resonated with the man's wife, who asked that her name not be used to protect the family's privacy. She'd used it previously to treat her koi fish.

"I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, 'Hey, isn't that the stuff they're talking about on TV?'"

The couple — both in their 60s and potentially at higher risk for complications of the virus — decided to mix a small amount of the substance with a liquid and drink it as a way to prevent the coronavirus.

So to sum up :

They weren't sick, were exhibiting no symptoms

They were not under doctor's care

They drank an industrial chemical used to treat sick fish because they saw “chloroquine phosphate” listed among the ingredients and thought it was basically the same thing.

The substance they ingested was not the drug in medicinal form, but rather a chemical “listed on a parasite treatment for fish.”

Decided it would be a good idea to ingest, to protect themselves

Came up with dosing and delivery methods on their own

And unfortunately now one person is dead and the other critical.

How does the above scenario compare to taking a prescribed drug under the guidance of a doctor?

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 5:22 pm
There are Chinese medicines such as hesperidin being studied that are very promising as a preventative for COVID-19.

gold21

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 5:54 pm
WhatFor wrote:

Nobody should take any drug without a prescription.

Hydroxycloroquine is used daily by people suffering from certain autoimmune diseases and for the most part is considered a safe drug.

chmom

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 6:09 pm
It can cause arrhythmia and retinal problems.
It is NOT a drug to be taken on your own especially since the benefits are questionable at the moment
There are no Miracle drugs
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics