Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
No Pesach
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:48 am
Not sure if I'm going to have a Pesach. Considering all that's happening with coronavirus. Pretty sure I'm stuck in a household quarantined with people who do not care. Stuck in a town where I cannot get about. No matzah. No nothing. No Pesach for me.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:51 am
No pesach here either. I don’t even care. Wen it comes it comes. If we’ll all be well to know it’s here. Right now we’re all sick

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not sure if I'm going to have a Pesach. Considering all that's happening with coronavirus. Pretty sure I'm stuck in a household quarantined with people who do not care. Stuck in a town where I cannot get about. No matzah. No nothing. No Pesach for me.

Is there a local Chabad??

imorethanamother

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Which town are you in. What are you missing.

All of you, tell us your towns we can make it happen! You can PM me addresses and I can try to organize shipments.

tryinghard

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 1:39 pm
Is there a local Jewish Federation? They have been super helpful around here at least.

estreya

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 3:23 pm
Contact a Chabad. They will for sure help you.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 3:26 pm
Refuah shleimah!

Please contact Chabad or other organizations or grocery stores who can ship to you!

Wishing everyone a Pesach Kasher v sameach!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 3:28 pm
The situation is complicated. Too many variables.

Why do people always think "chabad" is the answer, they are fallible humans like the rest of us.

lucky14

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 3:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Why do people always think "chabad" is the answer, they are fallible humans like the rest of us.

Because they often try the help. Especially if someone teaches out to them. Tell us where you are located. Do you want help? Or just venting?

Goldie613

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 3:42 pm
What part of the world are you in? Maybe we can suggest stores that can deliver or organizations that can help.

All else fails, keep it really simple, do it in your room, and maybe at least treat yourself to a new haggadah and tablecloth so you at least feel like it's Yom Tov (you can order those online).

Amazon in past years has had some Pesach stuff, I assume it will again this year.

You can try Oorah also if that works better for you than Chabad.

tryinghard

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 3:45 pm
But also, women here want to help! Please let us know if we can send you things depending where you are - I can send a box of machine matzah if you are in the US, for example.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 3:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

My son is a shliach and they are able to do some things such as arrange a bris with nobody but the baby, his parents, the mohel, and the sandek, all in masks and gloves of course, or send needed siddurim for people stuck at home and who can't come to daven in Chabad.
I saw that Zabar's in New York is sending out Passover packages but find out who gives kosher supervision. My brother in law in KY loves some of Zabar's food and there is no kosher deli in Louisville so they ship on dry ice.
Again, you have to find out what is kosher that they sell. There may be other places who will ship.

Raisin

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:24 pm
Tell us where you are and I can see if there is either an online supermarket or chabad who can send you some matza and wine.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:33 pm
Its just me and DH, both sick. Kids are OK, so staying elsewhere. I'm not even allowed to do laundry or take out trash, and way too sick to clean the refrigerator, much less anything else. I'll talk to our rabbi, but even if people send food (and we haven't been able to eat in days), its not going to be Passover.

imorethanamother

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:40 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Its just me and DH, both sick. Kids are OK, so staying elsewhere. I'm not even allowed to do laundry or take out trash, and way too sick to clean the refrigerator, much less anything else. I'll talk to our rabbi, but even if people send food (and we haven't been able to eat in days), its not going to be Passover.

Passover is in two weeks! We can make it happen! My Rav said that in the old days, people used to clean for Passover the night before! Don't give up!!

Tell us what you need. Tell us or PM where you live.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:44 pm
southernbubby wrote:
My son is a shliach and they are able to do some things such as arrange a bris with nobody but the baby, his parents, the mohel, and the sandek, all in masks and gloves of course, or send needed siddurim for people stuck at home and who can't come to daven in Chabad.
I saw that Zabar's in New York is sending out Passover packages but find out who gives kosher supervision. My brother in law in KY loves some of Zabar's food and there is no kosher deli in Louisville so they ship on dry ice.
Again, you have to find out what is kosher that they sell. There may be other places who will ship.

You just gave away who your BIL is....

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:51 pm
Good news is if you are sick now you will iyh feel better by passover! And you won't be contagious anymore so you'll still be able to get help! Don't despair!!
It takes a few hours to make a house kosher l'pessach (without spring cleaning).
You're allowed to cook on yom tov.
Refua sheleima!! Hug

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:51 pm
imorethanamother wrote:
Passover is in two weeks! We can make it happen! My Rav said that in the old days, people used to clean for Passover the night before! Don't give up!!

Tell us what you need. Tell us or PM where you live.

That's very kind. Food, we have. And our friends have offered to make all our meals if needed. But the cleaning and covering, given how weak I am, I cannot imagine happening.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:54 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
You just gave away who your BIL is....

Say hi 👋 to him for me.

It's easier to figure out who my son is. My BIL is not frum.

imorethanamother

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:57 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
That's very kind. Food, we have. And our friends have offered to make all our meals if needed. But the cleaning and covering, given how weak I am, I cannot imagine happening.

My Rav told me:

1) No need to cover anything. Pour boiling water over it all. Done. And if you do chumras, this is the year to give them up. If you have tile counters, you can stick some foil on them.

2) Put the oven burners on high, put the oven on self-clean. Done.

3) You don't need cabinets. There's a perfectly good floor! That's what I decided!

4) Food is the hardest part! The cleaning - worse comes to absolute worse, say that thing where you sell all the chometz you didn't find and done.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics