Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Mikva tonight
Previous  1  2

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 6:27 pm
agreer wrote:
Not going is an absolutely fine option. It just means you can't touch your husband till you go.

NO ONE is forcing you or OP or anyone to go. But NO ONE is going to let you touch your husband without going to the mikvah.

I know, I love how everyone's acting like not going to mikvah is such a big deal! If you don't want to go to mikvah then don't go- COVID or no COVID.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Mar 24 2020, 7:53 pm
agreer wrote:
Not going is an absolutely fine option.

It’s a shaila.
Although I’m pretty sure there are lots of heterim to rely on right now not to go and I never heard of a Rav forcing anyone to go, but it’s still a shaila to push it off, especially indefinitely.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:39 pm
I went last night in the main Mikva in Lakewood
It was very intense. I really felt like it was a zechus for Klal Yisroel.

It was spooky how empty it was.

I wore gloves. Changed them a few times. Took them off only right before immersing.
I wish I brought a bag to put my clothes in.
I brought my own robe and towels put ended up using theirs.
All I did there was brush my hair with a new comb.
I didn’t use toilet or turn on water.
I only used sterile wipes when leaving for door knobs and car once I got in.
In the mikvah there was very little interaction.
Mikvah ladies wore masks and gloves
Stayed many feet away. Opened doors and walked way ahead. I took off my own robe placed on railing. Entered water. She turned around. Watched me dip. Left room before I came out and just directed me back to my room.
They said it was safe to touch the walls under the water.

Hashem should watch over us all.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:41 pm
Were most of us live it isn't realistic to use the ocean. It’s cold.

There was an old poster who doesn't live near a mikva and posted about her experience dipping in the ocean. Lots of good ideas on how to handle things like uncovering, etc. but it only works in warm safe climates.
Here it http://www.imamother.com/forum.....25189

crust

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 1:28 pm
in response to those saying that they heard of a rav that allows a bathtub to be used as a mikvah, those opinions come from conservative judaism and this is not halachikly valid. I am leaving the crust's response which proves this. -Yael

Please everyone;
don't think it's the regular Rav Ovadia. I clicked the link amother Emerald provided. The article tells me that Ovadia paskens in the "spirit of Conservative Judaism."

amother [ Emerald ] wrote:

Rabbi Sperber and Rabbi Rosensweig (linked in this article): https://blogs.timesofisrael.co.....irus/ - thank you to this author for compiling these sources

Please see the things that are said about them. They are definitely not mainstream Orthodox.
The link amother Emerald provided tells me that they came out "in conjunction with an organization called Kolech- a feminist group".

Before accepting their psak as Toras Moshe make sure they know what they are talking.

Another source from R' Ovadia about using tap water for mikveh: https://merrimackvalleyhavurah.....adia/

He is rather conservative.

Last edited by crust on Wed, Mar 25 2020, 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

crust

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 2:00 pm
removed

I actually took this information from the link you gave.

It says he paskens "in the spirit if Conservative Judaism."

So much for Orthodox Rabbis telling women to bathe at home instead of Mikvah.

#fakenews

It is against halacha.

There is no mention of Shulchan Arich in any of the articles.

Last edited by crust on Wed, Mar 25 2020, 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yael

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 2:46 pm
I have removed the posts discussing using a bathtub as a mikvah. According to all orthodox rabbanim this would never be allowed. please do not post conservative view points on Imamother. Imamother is an orthodox site and all opinions mentioned here must follow orthodox halachic opinions.

Again: Using a bathtub as a mikvah is never allowed according to halacha!

if you have any questions please consult your local orthodox rabbi.

Halachic Disclaimer:

The posts on Imamother are written by a very varied group of women with different views and hashkafos. Please don't take any comments or answers as a P'sak Halacha. Please ask your own Rav to find out which opinion you should go by. Never change your custom or minhag based on what an Imamother member has told you. You must verify in real life with your own Rav or trusted advisor what you should do.

pause

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:54 pm
Thank you Yael for setting the record set.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 5:03 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
I just called a very special lady in our community (uk) who is involved in all this, and I was strongly advised to go back on the pill. Bh I have enough here for a couple months or even longer. I know it's too late for OP but this lady was saying it for me to calm me down that I won't have to go. Because I asked if they're likely to get forced to close and she said she can't foresee the future but for now they're taking every necessary step to make sure it's free of germs. This is no joke. Get on some good bc guys that don't make you a niddah for a couple months. I can ttc another time, it's not important for now. I'm not sure I want anymore at mo with all this going on anyway 😏

Was going to post similar. Started a pill today (aygestin in the US) to push off my period so won’t have to go during this challenging time. I suggest people try to do the same.

crust

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 5:09 pm
I appreciate it too, Yael.
I'm so heart broken by this whole thing. Yeshivas and Shuls are closed.
We don't have our Amudim of Torah and Tefila Betzibur.

We should preserve whatever we are able to.

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 5:15 pm
And thank you to Crust for challenging the non-halachik poster to back up what she wrote!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics