Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Of course it's the women's fault!!
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:03 am
Of course there's a kol kora in the local paper about women wearing long sheitels are bringing tzaros on the world!! Let's blame it on the women, why not?????

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:06 am
That’s gross. Just ignore.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:08 am
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]Of course there's a kol kora in the local paper about women wearing long sheitels are bringing tzaros on the world!! Let's blame it on the women, why not?????[/qu
I happen to think its women who put it in. Doesn't matter. If it doesn't apply to you, ignore (as am I).

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:10 am
Glad I am not part of those circles. I have no patience for that kind of chauvinist world view.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:11 am
[quote="amother [ Pumpkin ]"]
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Of course there's a kol kora in the local paper about women wearing long sheitels are bringing tzaros on the world!! Let's blame it on the women, why not?????[/qu
I happen to think its women who put it in. Doesn't matter. If it doesn't apply to you, ignore (as am I).

There are definitely lots of women chauvinists. You don't have to be male to have a patriarchal, denigrating view of all females. Lots of self-hating women out there.

rivkam

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:21 am
This is a wonderful time for all our us to work on ourselves however I can't stand when people point at the finger as to why this crisis is happening. How do you know?! Let's just all work on being better with observing mitzvot and don't blame people for the worlds problems

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:22 am
[quote="amother [ Pumpkin ]"]
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Of course there's a kol kora in the local paper about women wearing long sheitels are bringing tzaros on the world!! Let's blame it on the women, why not?????[/qu

It's supposedly "signed" by Rabbi's. Are there really women putting in such adds? That's disgusting!
They want us to join the "movement" of women that took upon themselves only to leave the house in a tichel and wear a sheitel only at home!
Sickos.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:24 am
rivkam wrote:
This is a wonderful time for all our us to work on ourselves however I can't stand when people point at the finger as to why this crisis is happening. How do you know?! Let's just all work on being better with observing mitzvot and don't blame people for the worlds problems

Don't you know by now that every tzara is the womens fault??? Men can do as they please but every time there's a tzara the women and their untzenuis caused it.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:27 am
Any Rav that I have listened to speaking about the Corona virus mentioned that they are not on the level to say why this is happening. Anyone that is actually coming up with a reason for this is actually playing God himself and I wouldn’t listen to someone like that.

Learning

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:30 am
Also right now there are so many Rabbis or “Rabbis” that talk as is they have prophecy, they talk as if they know exactly why this virus came to the world. Especially in israel. How would they know. No one knows. They blame it on the secular israrli usually. Well I heard that mashiach is delayed because the frum people. But I am not a prophet and I have no clue as to why we are experiencing anything right now or any time in history since prophecy was stopped to occur.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 9:52 am
They are wrong. End of story. After 2000+ years in galus you cannot blame anyone for anything. It's very sad that there is a magefa it should end now nand everyone should be healthy!

It is time for introspection. That's definitely clear. There's nothing else to do. Maybe that's where this preposterous idea came from. Only they looked at others instead of themselves. It's disgusting. Please don't listen to this apikorsus and enjoy your sheitels! Make sure you feel beautiful in it because you are doing a wonderful Mitzvah.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 9:57 am
I would be more likely to think, if anything, sinas chinam (which is what they are propagating) would be a much larger issue then women's hair coverings. Isn't that why the second Bais Hamikdash was destroyed?

But I'm only a woman, so what would I know 😉.

sub

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 9:57 am
Stop!!!! We are anxious and nervous enough without posting things that get us riled up and biting each other. There is no need to bring up more criticism on any part of am yisroel.
Think before you post! Is it a post that will help? Will it give a positive or negative vibe?

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:03 am
Part of the problems in this world is that we all pass the blame around far too much. Lets try to accept it upon ourselves to become better people and not blame others.
On a side note if we are all in quarantine there is no reason for whoever posted it to even see any sheitels/head coverings now so they can at least feel at peace (sarcasm intended). LOL

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:10 am
sub wrote:
Stop!!!! We are anxious and nervous enough without posting things that get us riled up and biting each other. There is no need to bring up more criticism on any part of am yisroel.
Think before you post! Is it a post that will help? Will it give a positive or negative vibe?

Excuse me, but we're allowed to vent and stick up for ourselves.

sub

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Vent about what? That some people say something that, you would not have known about, had it not been posted here?

I don’t agree with what they say, about wigs,
but I am not going to make sarcastic put downs at a time like this. And I don’t think it’s necessary to cause hatred and criticism at a time like this.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Call the party responsible directly. That has better chances of real change than venting on imamother.
And venting on imamother is not in any way sticking up for yourself.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:29 am
In a time of tzaros it is appropriate to try to strengthen yourself in some area. Look into yourself to see where you could strengthen your connection to Hashem. For some it may well be sheitels, but most of us have struggles in other areas.
Those "rabbis" don’t know what my davening looks like for example.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:35 am
sub wrote:
Vent about what? That some people say something that, you would not have known about, had it not been posted here?

I don’t agree with what they say, about wigs,
but I am not going to make sarcastic put downs at a time like this. And I don’t think it’s necessary to cause hatred and criticism at a time like this.

If you can't commiserate, you're welcome to leave this thread. I guess you don't live in a community where whenever there's a tzara there's always kol koras against the women and their tzenuis.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:42 am
This coronavirus has clearly come to punish men for wearing tight pants. /s
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels