Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Embarrasing & Stupido
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:49 am
Do you know what's going on at the beaches in Florida? Packed with spring breakers, not with jews.
It's always a bigget piece of news when jews are involved, that's why we need to be so careful. Bh my community everyone is adhering to the law and most stores are closed.

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:50 am
https://youtu.be/064Tpz_7l70

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 10:58 am
The story about the ppl arrested for weddings was false.
There was security to keep guests under 50
They got a summons for disturbing the peace but no arrest.
The news was false (no surprise)

southernbubby

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 11:05 am
My Chassidishe neighborhood is a ghost town. It looks uninhabited. The son of my neighbor wore mask and gloves to bring his mother supplies and he went to his car to call his mother so she wouldn't go near him.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 12:42 pm
Hi Greenfire!
I'm not naive enough to deny this is happening but our MO is to stay away. And then try not to think about it.

greenfire

Post Sun, Mar 22 2020, 2:03 pm
hiya ~

I'm going to add a couple of things aside from the fact that I'm am grieving enormously for the loss of my mother & that I hardly come onto imamother these days to start catching up with previous threads

there are always the good the bad & the ugly everywhere

I am directly connected with someone L that is being forced to go to work by her jewish boss & we were watching the news together [we share a relative currently under the same roof] when they named a specific community ... therefore I was shocked & embarrassed

as for the park/beach goers & basketball games & the florida marinas closing ... I never said they were of any specified denomination

today the world seems a lot quieter even outside my window

prayerfully we will survive with the coming of Moshiach before anybody has to worry about pesach

אמן ואמן

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 3:12 am
greenfire wrote:
hiya ~

I'm going to add a couple of things aside from the fact that I'm am grieving enormously for the loss of my mother & that I hardly come onto imamother these days to start catching up with previous threads

there are always the good the bad & the ugly everywhere

I am directly connected with someone L that is being forced to go to work by her jewish boss & we were watching the news together [we share a relative currently under the same roof] when they named a specific community ... therefore I was shocked & embarrassed

as for the park/beach goers & basketball games & the florida marinas closing ... I never said they were of any specified denomination

today the world seems a lot quieter even outside my window

prayerfully we will survive with the coming of Moshiach before anybody has to worry about pesach

אמן ואמן

I am so sorry for your loss.

For what it's worth, I haven't left my house for a month and a half. I'm finally feeling well enough to walk to the makolet to get a few groceries, and I will be wearing a mask so I don't accidentally cough on anyone.

imasinger

Post Mon, Mar 23 2020, 3:32 am
FF, I'm glad you're feeling a smidge better, finally!

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:00 am
you could all keep saying I'm judging ... but it appears that quite a large amount of people are hanging outside on ocean parkway benches & in front of apartment building & on the beach

how are we supposed to stop this from spreading rapidly if people don't comprehend the severity of this coronavirus pandemic ...

just going to visit one person who just shook hands with one other person who decided to just have coffee with their neighbor who just goes to work or travels on the train, etc. ~ this is what causes the virus to spread

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:08 am
greenfire wrote:
you could all keep saying I'm judging ... but it appears that quite a large amount of people are hanging outside on ocean parkway benches & in front of apartment building & on the beach

how are we supposed to stop this from spreading rapidly if people don't comprehend the severity of this coronavirus pandemic ...

just going to visit one person who just shook hands with one other person who decided to just have coffee with their neighbor who just goes to work or travels on the train, etc. ~ this is what causes the virus to spread

Its America - everyone gets an opinion.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:26 am
greenfire wrote:

YOU can't. What you do can is pray. Don't you see ?Wake up IT IS NOT IN OUR HANDS!! As my 5yo said 'you know why hashem has brought the virus? To show to everyone that HE is the BOSS! (of course while doing YOUR precaution)

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:30 am
I think the cops have an agenda against the Jews. Prospect park is packed with people every day and there isn't a cop in sight. Yet when there's a minyan in the local park and everyone is practicing social distancing, cops are there in 2 minutes to disperse the men.
My neighborhood is literally a ghost town, when we drive past the nearby non Jewish development, they're all outside playing and partying and having a bbq. It's just a better piece of news if it's about Jews.

rae

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:25 pm
I’m in Lakewood. My friend needed to air out and took a solitary drive down the nine. In Lakewood, all stores are closed. Once she hit freehold, manalapan area there were so many open non essential businesses. But the only thing we are hearing in the news is Lakewood. The world is biased and let’s all stop self hating.

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:31 pm
I said I was embarrassed because jews were on the news ...

duh ~ stupidity is everywhere !!!

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:37 pm
greenfire wrote:
I said I was embarrassed because jews were on the news ...

duh ~ stupidity is everywhere !!!

Jews are on the news because it's more interesting when jews are involved. Go see what's going on in the NYC parks, they're congested with people. THAT'S newsworthy, not 10 jews standing apart davening in a park. It's pure anti semitism.

Mommyg8

amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
I think the cops have an agenda against the Jews. Prospect park is packed with people every day and there isn't a cop in sight. Yet when there's a minyan in the local park and everyone is practicing social distancing, cops are there in 2 minutes to disperse the men.
My neighborhood is literally a ghost town, when we drive past the nearby non Jewish development, they're all outside playing and partying and having a bbq. It's just a better piece of news if it's about Jews.

THIS!!!

Mommyg8

rae wrote:
I’m in Lakewood. My friend needed to air out and took a solitary drive down the nine. In Lakewood, all stores are closed. Once she hit freehold, manalapan area there were so many open non essential businesses. But the only thing we are hearing in the news is Lakewood. The world is biased and let’s all stop self hating.

Agree!!! Found the same!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:41 pm
greenfire wrote:

It's frustrating. It seems like unless every state has the same regulations and finds a way to enforce them, that anyone can have her "what's the point" moments. As has been said, as we wash our hands, we have to remember Whose hands we're in.

(OK, forgive me from going to the sublime to the ridiculous but I heard a soundbite that there's gotta be a youtube for. Here's the pivotal part: "Hands/washing hands/don't touch me/don't touch YOUUUUUUU..... _ _ E_ T _A_ _ L _ _ E...")

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 1:26 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:
You've got it backwards. They are actually protecting all of klal yisroel with their learning. If grandparents live with them they should be taking precautions. But possibly the boys are staying in yeshivah.

Then I assume that they and their families will all be willing to sign that they do not want medical care, including oxygen and ventilators, should they become ill. Because otherwise, they are putting all of us at risk.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 3:52 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Do you know what's going on at the beaches in Florida? Packed with spring breakers, not with jews.
It's always a bigget piece of news when jews are involved, that's why we need to be so careful. Bh my community everyone is adhering to the law and most stores are closed.

Beaches are closed. There's no spring break either.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics