Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
If one family member has it

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:28 am
Looks like my husband has a mild case of Coronavirus.

Other than me, the only people at home are two healthy teenagers. I'm thinking that under the circumstances there are just limits to how much we can do to avoid contacting it so we should just resign ourselves to the possibility of getting it and be over with it.

He is using disposable food ware and not coming close to us.

What are your thoughts?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:30 am
Everyone needs to stay home till DH is 72 hours fever free. Home means not even to the grocery store. Total quarantine.
You can expect others to catch it.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:38 am
Use paper towels after hand washing and keep all bath towels separate. Wash often.

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:12 pm
he should be quarantined to his own room to minimize the possibility of spread

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 2:15 pm
If he has it you probably all are infected anyway. you could be asymptomatic.if you are careful already I would just do what I did before.

Frenchfry

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 2:36 pm
Another law green, where are you getting the 72 hour info from? My pediatrician told me 2 weeks from when my son first started symptoms.

Please post a link, I'm desperate for some real info.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:21 pm
Frenchfry wrote:
Another law green, where are you getting the 72 hour info from? My pediatrician told me 2 weeks from when my son first started symptoms.

My doc said (today) 7 days symptom free, but also said the recommendations change almost daily.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:24 pm
Frenchfry wrote:

Not 72 hours from when you feel sick. You have 2 be 72 hours completely symptom free and well. It's usually about 2 weeks from when you start feeling symptoms.

Frenchfry

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:48 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Not 72 hours from when you feel sick. You have 2 be 72 hours completely symptom free and well. It's usually about 2 weeks from when you start feeling symptoms.

Based on what guidelines?

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 5:01 pm
I have a sick household member who is keeping in his room. Not tested. Was told if I'm asymptomatic, I don't need to be in total quarantine, obviously like everyone I should only do essential shopping and be very careful. Did I get wrong advice?

Otherwise this could go in forever in a chain reaction and be impractical. What if someone else gets sick two weeks after (it's been a week so far) and count another two weeks and so on with everyone... Are there different opinions or did I misunderstand the advice?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics