Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
It's great for kids to be bored-parenting

behappy2

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 6:27 pm
I want to list all the reasons that it's great for your kids to be bored

1. It helps creativity. When left alone kids do all kinds of things we never would have thought to teach them

2. Independence-Kids learn to rely on themselves for entertainment, care and problem solving

3. Frees up your time and energy so your home functions better

Let's hear some more reasons why it's great to allow kids to be bored!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 7:02 pm
So they can launch into a full-on kvetching attack. Over time, the (painful) exposure will strengthen your stamina so that eventually no matter how terrible the noise level gets you'll still be able to go about your regular business without getting shattered nerves.

How's that? Wink

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 7:04 pm
So happy you’re telling me this bec my kids have been left to fend for themselves while I can barely get out of bed. Now I see it’s good for them not to have me entertaining them all the time Smile

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:26 pm
It's good to be bored for a bit of the day. But being bored all day every day for days on end, can lead to all sorts of problems. Everyone needs structure.

pizza4

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 9:33 pm
My kids forgot how to entertain themselves, maybe cuz there isn't a divide between school and home. They always played imaginative games for hours and now they play "let's get on everyone's nerves" if they don't have anything lined up to do.
And asking to watch all day🤨🖥

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:36 pm
Because bored ...

boys ...

Get to fight with each other more,
Get to climb the walls higher,
Get to trip each other while they run around,

behappy2

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:09 am
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
It's good to be bored for a bit of the day. But being bored all day every day for days on end, can lead to all sorts of problems. Everyone needs structure.

Definitely agree that being bored all day every day for days on end isn't good. Generally kids aren't bored all day, every day for days on end. They figure out how to entertain themselves (not that we always approve of how they go about it) I don't agree that EVERYONE needs structure, but generally kids do better when they get some kind of connection with us first. They launch better that way Smile

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:38 am
My kids are not allowed to be “bored” in my house. If you’re “bored” I’ll find chores for you to do. LOL Lots and lots of chores. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics