Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How to make the Seder exciting - preteen and young teens

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 3:07 pm
We have a very small family and always look forward to spending pesach at the grandparents with extended family. What can we do to make the Seder more exciting? I see a lot of ideas for little kids but talking about ages 10-14.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:01 pm
While we are at it, same situation but 15&17.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 4:21 pm
Bump

LO

Post Fri, Mar 12 2021, 8:19 am
Bump! Any ideas specifically for teens?

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Mar 12 2021, 8:38 am
Don't these teens have a Bazilion Divrei Torah to say on the Hagaddah?

That was always the excitement in our family.

Reality

Post Fri, Mar 12 2021, 8:48 am
They aren't babies. Ask them what they would like! For example, most of my kids are older and they love to sing. The most important part of the seder to them is the singing. They like to say dvrei torah but we sing most of the hagada together. And some parts we will sing more then once because we like more then one tune!!

amother
Lime

Post Sat, Mar 13 2021, 10:49 am
I mentioned in another thread that we do maggid in the living room, reclining on couches. It's so much fun.

imasinger

Post Sat, Mar 13 2021, 5:00 pm
Ask everyone to come to seder with at least one good question. Make sure each kid has time to ask their question, praise them for their thoughts, and have a brief discussion on each question.

doctorima

Post Sat, Mar 13 2021, 5:29 pm
We've found lots of great ideas at https://www.awesomepesach.com/

shaqued_almond

Post Sat, Mar 13 2021, 6:25 pm
Have each prepare a short dvar Torah on their own. It could also be something creative like a poem, a painting to show off, a dramatic scene or pesach mad libs with choices.

LO

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 8:25 am
The problem is that they don't want to prepare anything....Sad And they don't have divrei Torah from school in high school like they did in elementary school. They don't make a haggadah any more. They said they did learn stuff but not so interested in sharing. Last year, during covid, we made them go through the haggadah and prepare stuff, and will probably do that again (with an incentive), but I see that the bulk of the preparation is going to be on me (my husband isn't the type)....Smile That's why looking for ideas that I can do on my own.

shaqued_almond

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 8:52 am
Mad libs you can still prepare. Maybe start the night with a mystery and they can only answer at the end. Whoever wins doesn't have to clean up.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 9:03 am
Doctorima posted this on another thread.
http://www.simchatyechiel.org/......html

LO

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 3:41 pm
Thanks! Keep the ideas coming, please! Smile I am really relying on you ladies - I am so not creative!

motherhood613

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 5:17 pm
Maybe they could pick out a new book or toy or outfit for YT? You can also involve them in the pesach prep. Play lots of upbeat music, let them know that we are all so excited and preparing for pesach! Your attitude towards YT and the sedarim will influence them. You could also invest in a colorful, kid friendly haggadah.

You can also make little loot-bags with toys from each makkah, or makkos-themed treats.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Mar 14 2021, 6:15 pm
motherhood613 wrote:
Maybe they could pick out a new book or toy or outfit for YT? You can also involve them in the pesach prep. Play lots of upbeat music, let them know that we are all so excited and preparing for pesach! Your attitude towards YT and the sedarim will influence them. You could also invest in a colorful, kid friendly haggadah.

You can also make little loot-bags with toys from each makkah, or makkos-themed treats.

What makkos-theme treats are there? Ideas are appreciated.

motherhood613

Post Mon, Mar 15 2021, 1:04 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
What makkos-theme treats are there? Ideas are appreciated.

For example, for tzefardeya: gummy frogs, small plastic frog toys, red jello cubes for dam...

also, check this out https://jamiegeller.com/holida.....gues/

if you'd rather do non-edible prizes for younger kids based on the makkos, you could look at amazing savings or a local store - they should have some pesach themed toys and prizes.

For younger kids, you can get finger puppets and or face masks for each makkah - you should be able to find them at any Judaica store.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics