Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Vitamin C
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 6:30 am
I know the jury is still out on this, but I've had an interesting experience, and I wonder ...

Due to mirena induced spotting/ staining, I was advised by tahareinu to start on a vitamin protocol that includes 3000 mg vitamin c daily- a whopper dose.

My entire family, parents, spouse, siblings, kids, have come down with symptoms two- three weeks ago, but I am still waiting for the shoe to drop.

Yesterday, I read somewhere (sorry, no link. Can't remember where I saw it.) That Chinese doctors documented substantial reduction of symptoms in patients treated with mega doses of vitamin c.

It may be coincidental, I know, that I am blessedly asymptomatic. But I really wonder if there is a connection.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 6:42 am
I read that zinc helps and chamomille tea helps and mucinex or its generic

crust

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 6:53 am
https://www.google.com/url?sa=.....eZuSC

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 7:33 am
Thanks crust.

The article you linked is basically the gist of what I read.

Now I wonder, is it rash to give my granddad, 88, who is suffering at home, some of my vitamin c?

I wonder whom I can ask.

I am not usually a vitamin popping gal- other than prenatals, I've never taken them till tahareinu advised me to do so. So I'm not very comfortable with the idea.

Perhaps I will reach out to my gp

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 7:39 am
https://nypost.com/2020/03/24/.....in-c/

Simple1

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:03 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks crust.

The article you linked is basically the gist of what I read.

Now I wonder, is it rash to give my granddad, 88, who is suffering at home, some of my vitamin c?

I wonder whom I can ask.

I am not usually a vitamin popping gal- other than prenatals, I've never taken them till tahareinu advised me to do so. So I'm not very comfortable with the idea.

Perhaps I will reach out to my gp

Why not give? It can't hurt (as far as I know.)

Mommyg8

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:21 am
Please please give him zinc. 50 mg twice or three times a day. People have told me that it helped them tremendously, and worst case scenario it can't hurt.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:34 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
Please please give him zinc. 50 mg twice or three times a day. People have told me that it helped them tremendously, and worst case scenario it can't hurt.

I will. Thanks

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 12:55 pm
Is IV vitamin C different?
I've heard of even higher doses being recommended. I don't know about zinc but please be careful not to give too much.

rakcna

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 1:08 pm
No. Just no.
Please speak to a qualified, licensed healthcare professional prior to implementing this protocol.
I have seen patients suffering from toxicity related to vitaminosis (basically vitamin overdose). While the highest risks are with vitamins A, D, E, and K, all vitamin and mineral supplementation should be monitored, especially in elderly or compromised patients.
Tests for liver function, creatinine clearance, and others are essential when these are trialed.

(Edited this to be under my screen name because it is so important. We do not have the capacity to be caring for patients with toxicity related to vitamin and mineral supplementation)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 1:55 pm
Thank you.

I did read up on this this morning. It concretized my misgivings about giving this to my granddad.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 2:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you.

I did read up on this this morning. It concretized my misgivings about giving this to my granddad.

Can you explain? Not understanding

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 3:00 pm
I had corona.
I took around 100,000 mg of vit c over a 24 hour period.
No more Corona!!!
yeah it works but you cant be scared to take MEGA doses.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 3:06 pm
I posted this a while back

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....85451

you can also google it, they started giving it in NY hospitals.
They would be more effective if they gave more though....

southernbubby

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 3:12 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I had corona.
No more Corona!!!

How many bottles of pills did you take? Did you get side effects? Did you take it after the illness abated?

southernbubby

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 3:14 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I posted this a while back

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....85451

you can also google it, they started giving it in NY hospitals.
They would be more effective if they gave more though....

The hospitals are using IV but like everything else, it's probably becoming scarce.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 3:14 pm
rakcna wrote:
No. Just no.
Please speak to a qualified, licensed healthcare professional prior to implementing this protocol.
I have seen patients suffering from toxicity related to vitaminosis (basically vitamin overdose). While the highest risks are with vitamins A, D, E, and K, all vitamin and mineral supplementation should be monitored, especially in elderly or compromised patients.
Tests for liver function, creatinine clearance, and others are essential when these are trialed.

(Edited this to be under my screen name because it is so important. We do not have the capacity to be caring for patients with toxicity related to vitamin and mineral supplementation)

I am a medical researcher by profession.
the vitamins you mention, are stored in the body to be used when needed, so they are easier to overdose on. (although with some of them you'll need to work hard to overdose)
Vitamin C on the other hand is NOT stored in the body. You dont take a blood test to check your vit c levels.
Your body uses what it needs and discards the rest. (youll need the bathroom)
when the body is under any kind of stress, physical or emotional, it produces a hormone cortisol which is like adrenaline, used to keep the body alive, Flight or fright hormone.
cortisol is good in time of need, but is very damaging to the body.
vit c reduces cortisol levels. it detoxes the body. and allows for healing. since your body does NOT store it. you need it when you sick or stressed. the more sick the more you need.
GOOD LUCK

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 3:19 pm
southernbubby wrote:
How many bottles of pills did you take? Did you get side effects? Did you take it after the illness abated?

One bottle.
it came with 180 capsules of 1000 mg each.
I took around 100 of them. Every few minutes I took one.
no side effects. not even the bathroom
my body needed it.
I am still taking but much smaller doses
around 15,000 mg a day.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 3:24 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Can you explain? Not understanding

Was responding to rakcna's post

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 4:18 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I had corona.
No more Corona!!!

There's a doctor whose name I won't mention because I don't trust him, but whose blog I look at from time to time who recommends 50,000 mg. And a lot of vitamin A. And iodine. This is really scary. Maybe, maybe under a doctor's supervision but it's NOT DIY.

I'm happy this worked for you but NO ONE should engage in any such protocol without a doctor on board.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics