Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
DD just diagnosed with juvenile arthritis
Previous  1  2

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 8:12 pm
check vitamin D levels & omega 3 intakes

amother
Seagreen

Post Sun, Aug 06 2017, 8:21 pm
amother wrote:
When I was 18 my doctor said I have arthritis in my wrists and feet. Now, a different doctor told me the pain in my wrists is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.
I deal with it, I try to stay away from pain killers because it's not healthy. Unless I am in real pain then I would take it. Like as I type my wrists are in agony!! Sad

Pain killers are fantastic aids when you are in pain and not unhealthy. If you have carpal Tunnel a wrist brace can help you.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 5:10 pm
im bumping up an old post .
any info would be greatly appreciated.
my DD was just diagnosed with juvenile arthritis.there is mild damage to the cartilage in her hip. I was told to stay away from TNF inhibitor because of the side effects.
she is ready to make diet changes. does anyone have leads. ppl that can guide me?
any help will be greatly appreciated.

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 7:15 pm
Going to a holistic health practitioner who will run the right tests and be able to guide you in terms of food and supplements

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:33 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
im bumping up an old post .
any info would be greatly appreciated.
my DD was just diagnosed with juvenile arthritis.there is mild damage to the cartilage in her hip. I was told to stay away from TNF inhibitor because of the side effects.
she is ready to make diet changes. does anyone have leads. ppl that can guide me?
any help will be greatly appreciated.

This may help you. I came across it while researching autoimmune diseases (my daughter has alopecia areata) and found a LOT of ongoing research between leaky gut syndrome (research it) and autoimmune diseases, including juvenille arthritis.

The people in this article were featured on a Dr Oz show, I think I saw it once through youtube. .
https://www.google.com/amp/s/w......html

The followig link is about an ongoing research study to see if the SCD diet (specific carbohydrate diet) can help juv arthritis. SCD diet is usually associated with crohns disease, but because it is a diet that heals leaky gut syndrome, there is a lot of thinking out there that it can be used for many other autoimmune disorders

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2.....05500

Heres some more promising research about the SCD diet helping kids with juv arthritis

https://www.google.com/url?sa=.....s0pRG

Bottom line is, google a lot of leaky gut syndrome and JA, and autoimmune diseases, and SCD diet, or other diets...

If you do want further assistance with SCD diet there are MANY threads here about it, many imamothers here are on it

Imhappy!

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 4:56 pm
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
Going to a holistic health practitioner who will run the right tests and be able to guide you in terms of food and supplements

anyone you recommend?

thank you all of you for y our replies.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:23 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
This may help you. I came across it while researching autoimmune diseases (my daughter has alopecia areata) and found a LOT of ongoing research between leaky gut syndrome (research it) and autoimmune diseases, including juvenille arthritis.

The people in this article were featured on a Dr Oz show, I think I saw it once through youtube. .
https://www.google.com/amp/s/w......html

The followig link is about an ongoing research study to see if the SCD diet (specific carbohydrate diet) can help juv arthritis. SCD diet is usually associated with crohns disease, but because it is a diet that heals leaky gut syndrome, there is a lot of thinking out there that it can be used for many other autoimmune disorders

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2.....05500

Heres some more promising research about the SCD diet helping kids with juv arthritis

https://www.google.com/url?sa=.....s0pRG

Bottom line is, google a lot of leaky gut syndrome and JA, and autoimmune diseases, and SCD diet, or other diets...

If you do want further assistance with SCD diet there are MANY threads here about it, many imamothers here are on it

Funny you mention this. Because I was thinking about meds. RA meds eventually become approved for IBD. But there are some new drugs that might have started with IBD. They are infusion but much more targeted than the old biologics, JK inhibitors, or something like that. (My info's a few years old.)

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:41 pm
Imhappy! wrote:
anyone you recommend?

thank you all of you for y our replies.

I am actually a practitioner. I can recommend someone in your area if you disclose. Or I can PM you.

Imhappy!

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 12:19 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
I am actually a practitioner. I can recommend someone in your area if you disclose. Or I can PM you.

yes. pls pm me. ty so much
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics