Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
What are things teen boys can sell to make $
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:28 pm
Ok my DS is looking for money making ideas post Corona...
I know some bochurs give haircuts, bind books but we are looking for other ideas. He could spend up to $500 on inventory that he has earned from babysitting and other odd jobs. His Yeshiva is long hours so it shouldn’t be too time consuming. Yes, I am hopeful he will have school this year! No special interest or hobbies but good at most of things and hardworking. He doesn’t need the money but enjoys earning his own money and having spending money.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:33 pm
Masks, gloves and purell.

Oh you are asking post corona? Is there even such a thing?

crust

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:36 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Masks, gloves and purell.

Oh you are asking post corona? Is there even such a thing?

Yes my freind.
There is such a thing. There will be such a thing.

The world will continue rotating on its axis.

giselle

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:39 pm
crust wrote:
Yes my freind.
There is such a thing. There will be such a thing.

The world will continue rotating on its axis.

With or without us Very Happy

amother
Taupe

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:43 pm
Soap
Shampoo
Deodorant
Bandaids
Pens
Paper
Batteries
Candy/snacks

crust

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:44 pm
giselle wrote:
With or without us Very Happy

Punch

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:47 pm
-Cookies! He can bake and sell.
-He can buy nosh in bulk and sell for a profit.
-Tutoring?
-Offer to learn liluy nishmas someone for a small fee?

Fabulous

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:54 pm
can he run a canteen in yeshiva? Snacks and drinks? Maybe even buy a freezer and sell ices.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:52 pm
He can make a ton of money during corona by having an errand/delivery service, I know bachurim doing this now. They charge a percentage of the order.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:57 pm
If he's good at math, people are always looking for math tutors, and it pays pretty well.

If he has any around-the-house skills, people are always looking for a handyman to do light work, like hanging pictures, assembling Ikea furniture, and painting.

If he's outdoorsy, yard work and landscaping can be very rewarding.

That's all service oriented stuff. I don't know what other people would buy from a teenage boy, but maybe people with other teens could chime in.

Can he buy vape pens in bulk, and sell them individually with a high markup? (JUST KIDDING!)

mamma llama

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:59 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

Can he buy vape pens in bulk, and sell them individually with a high markup? (JUST KIDDING!)

You should have seen my face before I read the parentheses. I looked kinda like this: Surprised Exploding anger

salt

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:07 pm
Clearing up yards.
Cleaning cars.
Window cleaning.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:32 am
My son binds seforim and books; he’s 17 and takes small jobs during the zeman and large jobs during vacation. Out Shul gave him 250 new Siddurim to bind, and people often (not now!) bring him seforim to bind. He has lots of tape, a drill press (I think he doesn’t use it often), needles, thread, etc.

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:39 am
What do the other bachurim in his yeshiva need to buy?

At that age, my brother bought and sold Victorinox watches in his school and shul to earn his way to Israel.

Once in Israel, he ran several service businesses: I remember he took people's suits to the dry cleaners with a small mark up for transport, and he updated people's student visas. There may have been others. He did well for himself, and learned a lot.

Today he's an assistant Rav in a kiruv community, and buys real estate on the side. Years of effort (and mistakes!), good mentors, and all while he was learning in yeshiva/kollel, taught him a lot! Hatzlacha to your son!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:42 am
tutoring

making zizit knots!!! many dont want to do it on their own and if he is a yiras shamaym boy Wink he may want to sit and know and hen sell zizit Wink

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:46 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
He can make a ton of money during corona by having an errand/delivery service, I know bachurim doing this now. They charge a percentage of the order.

The 2 that were going to help me today cancelled in middle of the night "due to recent developments". So I got up before dawn, took my temp, put on mask and gloves and had to do it myself. This is not going to work.

Raisin

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:49 am
Buy mp3 players and fill them up with Jewish music, shiurim etc and sell them on.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 6:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok my DS is looking for money making ideas post Corona...
I know some bochurs give haircuts, bind books but we are looking for other ideas. He could spend up to $500 on inventory that he has earned from babysitting and other odd jobs. His Yeshiva is long hours so it shouldn’t be too time consuming. Yes, I am hopeful he will have school this year! No special interest or hobbies but good at most of things and hardworking. He doesn’t need the money but enjoys earning his own money and having spending money.

How old is he? I'm asking because Hasc is looking for temporary workers to work with individuals with special needs who live in group homes. He must be ok with the fact that these individuals were either exposed or have fever. This is a legal job so I assume he must be at least 16 to work legally for them. Here is the info--

Quote:
Looking for temporary staff to work with adults with developmental disabilities in group homes for the next few weeks. Must be willing to assist with activities of daily living, such as showering and diapering. Must be willing to work with individuals who may have been exposed, or have fever. We will provide all protective personal equipment needed to do the job safely.
Excellent pay. If you are interested, please email hr@hasccenter.org and we will contact you to set up a Zoom interview.

groovy1224

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 6:08 am
Maybe he can offer a printing/binding service for parents, or anyone really, that are currently printing 8,000 school worksheets/coloring pages/Pesach prep lists daily. He can buy a good printer at costco, and charge 5 or 10 cents a page, offer same day delivery if you email in your pages by 12 PM. That kinda thing. I would be all over that.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 6:16 am
When my son was around 14 or 15 he used to sell drinks and snacks in yeshiva until the yeshiva purchased their own vending machine. He earned a very decent “living” doing that. Yeshiva boys are always hungry and thirsty apparently.

He used to also have a service where he walked to the take out to buy lunch for the boys. The boys didn’t have to walk and then wait on the line. He brought them back their orders and each individual paid him accordingly. If he ordered for 10 boys he made like $10 in a half hour.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children