Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Mikvah turned someone away
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:27 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
READ the posts, would you? OP said that the women CALLED and she directed her to a different mikva that will take her. But even if the women would actually be at the mikva, OP did the right thing. She followed daas torah. And the women did a self thing and went against the law and guidelines.

My reading comprehension is fine, thank you. In her OP she says "she turned a woman away", no mention if physically or on phone. Much later into the conversation did she add the part that it was over the phone. COMPLETE different situation.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:28 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
I'd actually love to know which Mikvah you directed her to that is still taking NY'ers so that if I ever do find myself in FL after this crisis I can know to go and patronize that Mikvah and not yours.

Would you like someone who just flew in from Italy to use your mikvah?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:28 pm
Assuming you're referring to me, I'm not playing devils advocate. I'm genuinely curious if OP and the FL community will turn hungry people away from grocery stores and desperate people away from Mikvah's when it is their own people getting sick, and not just some Jews they don't care about from somewhere else?

I don't know about grocery stores but I can tell you that we are also not letting in FL women who are sick. If you are w/I 14 days of fever, cough, aches, anything - or have been around anyone diagnosed or suspected of having covid19, you may not use mikvah either. Many women, FL residents too, are going to have to wait or figure out how to use the ocean!

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:29 pm
Assuming you're referring to me, I'm not playing devils advocate. I'm genuinely curious if OP and the FL community will turn hungry people away from grocery stores and desperate people away from Mikvah's when it is their own people getting sick, and not just some Jews they don't care about from somewhere else?

If people came to Florida now against Rabbinical and Medical rulings, they should be denied of every service in Florida. They should be turned away from every store and mikva till they just give up and go home. Maybe then will people start taking it seriously.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:31 pm

Why are they there?
They shouldn’t be there.
If they are hungry they should go home!!!!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:34 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Would you like someone who just flew in from Italy to use your mikvah?

If they told me they hadn't been exposed and took the same precautions everyone else is taking, I'd have no problem with it. In fact, someone from Italy could walk into my Mikvah right now and use it.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:35 pm
If people came to Florida now against Rabbinical and Medical rulings, they should be denied of every service in Florida. They should be turned away from every store and mikva till they just give up and go home. Maybe then will people start taking it seriously.

Guess it's nice to know that all the calls of achdus and being one people have been thrown out the window by FL.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:38 pm
Guess it's nice to know that all the calls of achdus and being one people have been thrown out the window by FL.

There's a time and place for everything. We have Rabbanim for a reason. You are not smarter than doctors and Rabbanim. This is a time of severe crisis and real emergency. If someone can be so selfish as to go against medical and Rabbinical advice and have the nerve to say the community has a lack of achdus, is astounding. There's absolutely no words to describe such people.
Every community has a responsibility to their own members. Are the schools and shuls mean and crazy for closing down?

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:39 pm

Am I being mean by telling my neighbors not to visit? Or am I just protecting myself?

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:40 pm

exactly the opposite.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:44 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
exactly the opposite.

Not sure what you mean

But anyway ladies please!!!
This is sounding like sedom!
I’m serious come on.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:45 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Guys I don’t think OP made this rule. I think she just feels so bad having to enforce it

It seems she came on here to show off, she seems quite proud of herself. What sort of person, community doesn't allow a woman to toivel. Shame on you!

crust

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:49 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
It seems she came on here to show off, she seems quite proud of herself. What sort of person, community doesn't allow a woman to toivel. Shame on you!

She gave her other options.
The woman toveled.
It's ok to try to keep a facility Corona free.

Case closed.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:49 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:

Actually, it seems like she's so bothered by what she had to do that she needed to get it off her chest.
A community that values life doesn't allow a selfish women that doesn't follow the rules to toivel. The Rabbi's made this decision and they are wiser than you. They need to protect their community, what's so hard to understand??

crust

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:50 pm
Actually, it seems like she's so bothered by what she had to do that she needed to get it off her chest.

No.
It seems she is bothered that she had to do it but her point of posting was that she wants to make sure she doesn't have to do it again.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:50 pm
If they told me they hadn't been exposed and took the same precautions everyone else is taking, I'd have no problem with it. In fact, someone from Italy could walk into my Mikvah right now and use it.

If you're a martyr, doesn't mean that everyone else should be too.

Oh, and I thought martyrdom belongs do a different religion.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:52 pm

Disagree. She's so vigorously defending what she did it seems like she wants to be applauded. If she just needed to get it off her chest she wouldn't have been coming back for more.

Anyway, I won't be shocked when a court overrules what both the governor of FL and the private sector are doing based on discrimination and a violation of interstate commerce so this whole thread will be moot anyway as anyone who tells someone from a different state that they can't shop at their store simply because they are from a different state will likely be in violation of the law. Same way I can't say I don't serve people from Madeupsville country simply because they're from there. It's discrimination.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:52 pm
crust wrote:
No.
It seems she is bothered that she had to do it but her point of posting was that she wants to make sure she doesn't have to do it again.

Right, this is a better explanation.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:53 pm
Case closed.[/quote]

This thread will not become more illuminating with further posts.

It has exceeded its fill of nastiness.

Please let it rest.

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:53 pm
chestnut wrote:
If all rabbis signed this letter, how are there other mikvaos who'll take them?

Not all Rabbanim signed the letter. There are FIVE signatures.
They asked the other shuls to send out the letter.
Just happens to be that our shul sent out the letter, to let people know, but with a disclaimer that this is NOT the position of our Rav.
Its a hard call.
Page 9 of 10   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next Recent Topics