Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Ppl who have young kids ie chametz monsters :-)

rachel0615

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:07 pm
Where are you with pesach cleaning? M th bathrooms and baby's bedroom r done. My bedroom is done. But dining room living room and playroom which is huge and cluttered r not done and prob cant be until kitchen is turned over. Am I behind?? I'm not panicking but maybe I should be...??

SuperWify

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:15 pm
Wow, super on schedule. I cleaned my bedroom and whole basement last week but my son keeps bringing cookies in. Chometz monster he is! Love it!

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:21 pm
Plan is to vacuum the house, focus on the toys, kitchen, and dining room because that's where the chometz is.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:25 pm
I try to start cleaning dining room and kitchen right after Purim. By the time I kasher I vacuum thoroughly incase kids managed to walk around with chometz but the deep cleaning has already been done.

Optione

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:35 pm
I organized my playroom, kitchen, etc, so that when I go to Pesach clean next week, it'll be much easier. (Did bedrooms and basement)

dankbar

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:58 pm
My bedrooms & rest of house not all done yet but I decided to focus first where the chometz is- dining room & kitchen & then once I am done there to go back to rest of house or just lockup & sell whatever we don't get to do.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:00 pm
Sell every place that you don’t use on pesach.
Wash out shelves you use.

Skip anything that isn’t Halacha (mattresses, moving appliances, bedroom walls etc).

Vacuum the floors well

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:10 pm
I NEVER let food in the bedrooms
No ifs, ands or buts.
Period, end of story

Toys and games are constantly cleaned so a quick wipe down is enough

That leaves kitchen, living room/dining room, laundry room. Bathroom - throw away toothbrush and put away lipsticks and open toothpaste and mouthwash.

I don’t move ALL my chametz kitchen utensils.
Everything in a bottom cabinet/ drawer gets moved to a top cabinet All top cabinets get locked

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:13 pm
Give your kids kitneos snacks.

lucky14

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:50 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Give your kids kitneos snacks.

Yes!

And for anyone who doesn't have kids yet or with a baby who is just starting to eat- implementing an only eating at the table rule is the best. It's great for dieting purposes also 😁 (you can try to start a rule like this at your house but it may not go over so well if kids are used to bringing food around with them wherever they go).

dankbar

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:09 am
House gets vaccumed anyway again right before Pesach so no worry if child took chometz into a room.

I also learned to leave beds for last, so less stress. I do walls, closets, insides of drawers, chests etc in bedroom but the actual beds gets done late, because I can't be all stressed out that kids/adults should never lie in bed with clothes etc. once its done.

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:12 am
rachel0615 wrote:
Where are you with pesach cleaning? M th bathrooms and baby's bedroom r done. My bedroom is done. But dining room living room and playroom which is huge and cluttered r not done and prob cant be until kitchen is turned over. Am I behind?? I'm not panicking but maybe I should be...??

I switch the kitchen first. That way any new crumbs aren't chametz. Then I can clean the other rooms with a clear conscience.

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:16 am
lucky14 wrote:
Yes!

And for anyone who doesn't have kids yet or with a baby who is just starting to eat- implementing an only eating at the table rule is the best. It's great for dieting purposes also 😁 (you can try to start a rule like this at your house but it may not go over so well if kids are used to bringing food around with them wherever they go).

Doesn't change the fact that toddlers will take handfuls of goo and smear them in the most unlikely places Can't Believe It at least let the goo not be chametz gamur.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:28 am
Am I the only one seeing letter after letter from rabbonim saying to do the most minimal pesach cleaning ever, to not even think about going through every inch of every room, to basically just sweep rooms and done?

dankbar

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:29 am
They have all sorts of snack & chometz like food that are kosher l'pesach these days. Even if you don't use those processed foods on pesach, before pesach you could give it to your little kids. like real looking cakes/cookies in same pckging as year roud, as well as croutons, cereal, even noodles/farfel, pizza etc.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:45 am
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Am I the only one seeing letter after letter from rabbonim saying to do the most minimal pesach cleaning ever, to not even think about going through every inch of every room, to basically just sweep rooms and done?

Yes!

This
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics