Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Need advice for helping sick people get better

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:17 am
my aunt and uncle next door to me are in their upper 60s both healthy both got corona both are extremely sick but not sick enough for hospital. they are steadily getting worse. need advice. how can I help them fight this.
what should they be taking. vitamins?
garlic? what helps. they have had for over a week and steadily getting worse. im getting desperate. want to keep them out of hospital.

thanks

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:20 am
Lots of fluid.
Vitamin D.

Refuah shleima!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:20 am
High dose vitamin C
Vitamin D
Vitamin A
Zinc
Glutathione

These are all things that can really help with building up immunity to not get sick and help fight off virus if sick - but as I am not a doctor and have no idea what other medical issues your relatives might have I can't tell you 100% that it is safe or appropriate. But in general this is the best natural stuff to use to help, in my opinion.

Mental health counts too. Fear is making people sick. Anything to make them smile or laugh. Keep bad news and scary news away from them.

Refuah Sheleima to them both and all the cholim who are affected by this terrible virus.

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:21 am
Vitamin C, zinc, immune boosters.
Drinking, vapors like a humidifer.
unfortunately if they have trouble breathing it's better for them to be in the hospital. Some ppl can only get better on a ventilator.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:24 am
so far no trouble breathing. just worse and worse in terms of cough and fever non stop. sleeping all day. they can hardly move.
anyone think eucalyptus oil could work? in a humidifier? anyone asked their doctor if this is safe?

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:29 am
If you live in NY, try calling Dr Zelenko. bH he's kept his high risk patients out of the hospital.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:31 am
they wont go to doctor. theyre stubborn. I have tried, but they insist they will get worse if they go out of their house.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:46 am
Call their doctor and ask for a zpak

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:47 am
Read an article in the NY Post that hospitals are giving mega doses of vitamin c and seeing some good results so probably worth a try. Vitamin C overdose gets flushed out of the body so for most people it should be safe.
Dont see the harm in trying to difuse some Eucalyptus oil.
They are probably right about refusing to go to the doctor, dont think any local dr can do anything to help.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:18 am
I tried the garlic remedy - im young and healthy and it worked wonders for congestion/cough/burning in my chest. Take a whole garlic with gloves peel each clove and cut it in half w a plastic knife put it directly into a plastic container or glass jar pour in boiling water just to cover and cover container. Let it stand for an hour. Take 3 plastic spoonfuls 3 times a day the first day. 2 spoonfuls 2 times on day 2 and 1 spoonful once a day on days 3-5. Make sure metal doesn't touch the garlic. Have a cup of juice ready to drink right after as its sharp. Hatzlacha - maybe check with a dr

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:23 am
Treat it the same way you would the flu. Mucinex is good for the cough. Chicken soup and sports drinks to stay hydrated. They will probably have no appetite, so try and tempt them with their favorite foods.

Let them sleep as much as they need to. They will probably be as weak as kittens for quite a while. The weakness seems to be the symptom that lingers the longest.

If they are regular medication, make sure that they are taking them on schedule, and not sleeping through doses. Skipping doses on certain meds can be dangerous.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 6:54 am
Our doctor reminded us that we can treat the cough the same way we treat others coughs- Vick vaporub. It makes all the difference.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:18 am
High doses of vitamin c-
Zinc
Hot tea every 1/2 hour

This is how I’m treating my husband and he is getting better, not worse
( but he still sleeps most of the day.. dr told me to let him but to make sure he’s drinking throughout the day so he doesn’t get dehydrated)

Mama Bear

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:54 pm
are they taking tylenol to try to get the fever down?

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 4:14 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
I tried the garlic remedy - im young and healthy and it worked wonders for congestion/cough/burning in my chest. Take a whole garlic with gloves peel each clove and cut it in half w a plastic knife put it directly into a plastic container or glass jar pour in boiling water just to cover and cover container. Let it stand for an hour. Take 3 plastic spoonfuls 3 times a day the first day. 2 spoonfuls 2 times on day 2 and 1 spoonful once a day on days 3-5. Make sure metal doesn't touch the garlic. Have a cup of juice ready to drink right after as its sharp. Hatzlacha - maybe check with a dr

Thanks for sharing this. How much were u coughing before u took this and how soon after u started taking did u see an improvement?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:07 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
are they taking tylenol to try to get the fever down?

tylenol is the only thing they will take. drugs. they dont believe in natural stuff but they are getting worse so it is time to force them.
Vicks is a good idea thanks for whoever posted that I have some at home I will bring it over now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics