Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can everyone stop posting their quarantine pictures?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:55 am
WhatsApp is flooded with all the fun everyone is having during quarantine. I’m stuck in bed and can’t give my kids this fun time. I hate seeing it. Wish people would stop. Why do you feel the need to show off your life?

Ravenclaw

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:02 am
Yes!!!
All it does is it makes me feel like a terrible parent.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:06 am
For those who are curious what original things people are doing while in quarantine, please share.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:06 am
Let people have their fun!

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:07 am
You don't have to look if you don't want to.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:09 am
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Let people have their fun!

Everyone can have as much fun as they want. No need to rub it in everyone’s faces.

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:12 am
Ravenclaw wrote:
Yes!!!
All it does is it makes me feel like a terrible parent.

Now Im really curious. What the H can any parents be doing thats so much fun, while in quarantine?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:13 am
Please don’t mind my ignorance. But how does WhatsApp work? Does it come into your room and force your eyes open to look at pictures?

amother
Pearl

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:22 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Please don’t mind my ignorance. But how does WhatsApp work? Does it come into your room and force your eyes open to look at pictures?

BA

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:30 am
WhatsApp has a way of making everything look better than it really is. imagine what went on a few seconds before the picture and again a few seconds after the picture and you won't feel so jealous anymore. Hashem should give you strength!!

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Everyone can have as much fun as they want. No need to rub it in everyone’s faces.

What if my fun is looking at the fun things other people post on Whatsapp?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:54 am
BA wrote:
WhatsApp has a way of making everything look better than it really is. imagine what went on a few seconds before the picture and again a few seconds after the picture and you won't feel so jealous anymore. Hashem should give you strength!!

No. That’s not the way to look at things.
I understand if someone shared a picture of their family jetting of on a private jet to Aruba, at the beach... that’s rubbing it in people’s face.

But the fact that fellow moms are trying to make the best of a challenging situation? Moms trying to stay positive,giving kids good memories amid such anxiety, trying to create calm, when inside they wonder if this disease is the one that will kill them( that’s me, with good reason)

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:06 am
I get why you would think that people are trying to flex, but they're actually just socializing.

mamma llama

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:07 am
No. That’s not the way to look at things.
I understand if someone shared a picture of their family jetting of on a private jet to Aruba, at the beach... that’s rubbing it in people’s face.

But the fact that fellow moms are trying to make the best of a challenging situation? Moms trying to stay positive,giving kids good memories amid such anxiety, trying to create calm, when inside they wonder if this disease is the one that will kill them( that’s me, with good reason)

I'm the opposite, actually.
For me, a private jet to Aruba is so out of my league that I could roll my eyes and move on. Someone who is in a similar situation to mine and is able to be so much more productive than me would bother me more.
I'm calling it kinas sofrim, so nobody tell me otherwise! Study

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:15 am
Last year, people were complaining that Instagram made them jealous.

The year before that it was Snapchat.

The year before that it was Facebook.

Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, it was MySpace and LiveJournal.

Social media is only as good or bad as the people you hang out with, the people your follow, and your attitude about the whole thing. If it's making you unhappy, then you know what you need to do about it.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:16 am
mamma llama wrote:
I'm the opposite, actually.
For me, a private jet to Aruba is so out of my league that I could roll my eyes and move on. Someone who is in a similar situation to mine and is able to be so much more productive than me would bother me more.
I'm calling it kinas sofrim, so nobody tell me otherwise! Study

I agree.
But here, people bring out all their guns and tanks whenever someone sort of mentions any form of luxury.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:19 am
Hey, listen. If 99% of my day was fighting and screaming and mess and chaos, if I get a 5-minute reprieve where all of the kids agree to play Monopoly with me, you'd better believe I'm going to post it! Who can I share my successes with, if not my friends?

Social media is our highlight reel, where we can share those moments and get encouragement for tomorrow.

Some people like to share their failures and get commiseration, but not everyone is like that. Some people get more chizuk from celebrating their successes.

mamma llama

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:38 am
I agree.
But here, people bring out all their guns and tanks whenever someone sort of mentions any form of luxury.

If you share your luxuries with me (I.e. take me along with you to Aruba), I'll be happy to put my gun back in my sock drawer. Wink

mamma llama

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:39 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Hey, listen. If 99% of my day was fighting and screaming and mess and chaos, if I get a 5-minute reprieve where all of the kids agree to play Monopoly with me, you'd better believe I'm going to post it! Who can I share my successes with, if not my friends?

Social media is our highlight reel, where we can share those moments and get encouragement for tomorrow.

Some people like to share their failures and get commiseration, but not everyone is like that. Some people get more chizuk from celebrating their successes.

Very well put.

goforit

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:55 am
Please dont stop posting I need more ideas! This is what's keeping some of us sane.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics