Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Embarrasing & Stupido
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 7:18 pm
How about the judaica store that has an english sign saying were closed due to a corona and a yiddish sign saying to come to the side entrance???? 🤮🤮🤮

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 7:20 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
How about the judaica store that has an english sign saying were closed due to a corona and a yiddish sign saying to come to the side entrance???? 🤮🤮🤮

And this is helpful to put on a public forum because???

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 7:20 pm

They're doing phone orders for pickup.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 7:22 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Beaches are closed. There's no spring break either.

They just started closing beaches. The police had to fight with people to go home.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 7:47 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
And this is helpful to put on a public forum because???

Because If they're hurting the public they can be told off in public

Please tell them to stop because they're reported on

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 7:48 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
They're doing phone orders for pickup.

If what they were doing is okay ,their sign would be in english.
No secrets

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:08 pm
If what they were doing is okay ,their sign would be in english.
No secrets

Not davka. Many stores have signs in yiddish.
I'm sure they're not interested in being fined, arrested, or have their store permanently shut. People have such satisfaction from snapping a picture and posting everything they see without thinking of the ramifications of their actions.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:16 pm
Not davka. Many stores have signs in yiddish.
I'm sure they're not interested in being fined, arrested, or have their store permanently shut. People have such satisfaction from snapping a picture and posting everything they see without thinking of the ramifications of their actions.

So what's the logic between one english sign and one hebrew? I've been tying to be DLZ but I guess I am not compassionate enough.

I'd love to hear from you.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:23 pm
So what's the logic between one english sign and one hebrew? I've been tying to be DLZ but I guess I am not compassionate enough.

I'd love to hear from you.

Legally all stores are required to put up a sign that they're closed due to corona. All stores put that in English. There are plenty of stores with various Yiddish signs. We don't need to jump to the bad right away.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:38 pm
Legally all stores are required to put up a sign that they're closed due to corona. All stores put that in English. There are plenty of stores with various Yiddish signs. We don't need to jump to the bad right away.

No.
They dont need to legally put up a sign that they're closed due to Corona.
Legally they need to CLOSE due to corona.

Maybe if these stores didn't do what they're doing, then the four close people who passed away in the last three days alone would still be here....and the many others as well...

No excuses
Parnosoh doesnt come before life
Dry cleaners doesnt come before saving a life
Shoe sale doesnt come before saving a life

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:55 pm
No.
They dont need to legally put up a sign that they're closed due to Corona.
Legally they need to CLOSE due to corona.

Maybe if these stores didn't do what they're doing, then the four close people who passed away in the last three days alone would still be here....and the many others as well...

No excuses
Parnosoh doesnt come before life
Dry cleaners doesnt come before saving a life
Shoe sale doesnt come before saving a life

I assure you that no store owner is interested in being arrested, fined, and having his store shut permanently. It's very common for stores in the chassidish communities to have signs in yiddish and in English. Many many stores have a sign in English that they're closed due to Corona and also have various other signs in Yiddish. Try to think of good reasons before jumping for the bad. It's not so hard.
And dry cleaners are allowed to stay open according to the regulations.
All shoe stores are closed.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:57 pm
greenfire wrote:
when jews end up on the news because they don't close their schools or shuls ...

when young bored adults keep partying ... or meeting in groups in parks ...

do you not realize you are putting more people at risk ?!?!?!

Not a good idea to criticize klal yisroel at a time like this....haven’t you ever learned what that does in shomayim?

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 8:58 pm
greenfire wrote:
I didn't accidentally on purpose miss anything ...

I mentioned the jewish community [without specifying town] cause it was on the news & they're relying on god for salvation and not being careful & it's a chillul Hashem

& the parks I mentioned are universal jew or not because the youngen think they're immune so they care not about gatherings ... that is definitely stupido

obviously nothing is all inclusive

Are u very sure chillil Hashem is so much worse than speaking lashon hara about the Jewish community?

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 9:23 pm
I assure you that no store owner is interested in being arrested, fined, and having his store shut permanently. It's very common for stores in the chassidish communities to have signs in yiddish and in English. Many many stores have a sign in English that they're closed due to Corona and also have various other signs in Yiddish. Try to think of good reasons before jumping for the bad. It's not so hard.
And dry cleaners are allowed to stay open according to the regulations.
All shoe stores are closed.

I'm trying.
I cant think of any reason.
I'd love your help.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 9:56 pm
I'm trying.
I cant think of any reason.
I'd love your help.

I explained already that this is common in chassidish communities. Many stores have signs in Yiddish and English. You can't think of a reason because you're so focused in just finding the bad.
If you can't let it go, perhaps give the store a call to ask for an explanation.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:15 pm
I explained already that this is common in chassidish communities. Many stores have signs in Yiddish and English. You can't think of a reason because you're so focused in just finding the bad.
If you can't let it go, perhaps give the store a call to ask for an explanation.

It's not the same sign!!!!!!
The english one says closed
Yiddish one says open

How is that COMMON in chassidish communities??

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:58 pm
It's not the same sign!!!!!!
The english one says closed
Yiddish one says open

How is that COMMON in chassidish communities??

The Yiddish one doesn't say the store is open. It says the side door is open. That if someone makes a phone order they should go to the side door to pick it up. It's not so hard to be dan l'kaf zchus. No shopkeeper is interested in getting into legal trouble now.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:21 am
Does the "essentials only" rule say that stores can still operate, just not through their front door? But side door pickups are okay? 🤔

Geulanow

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:28 am
I think the cops have an agenda against the Jews. Prospect park is packed with people every day and there isn't a cop in sight. Yet when there's a minyan in the local park and everyone is practicing social distancing, cops are there in 2 minutes to disperse the men.
My neighborhood is literally a ghost town, when we drive past the nearby non Jewish development, they're all outside playing and partying and having a bbq. It's just a better piece of news if it's about Jews.

Maybe other people don't have websites that tell what's going on in their communities. Reporters might be looking on the internet for stories and come across some Jewish sites and decide to pursue those stories. Also, they might perceive the Jewish communities as more cohesive so it"s easier to gossip about on the news outlets.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:33 am
Does the "essentials only" rule say that stores can still operate, just not through their front door? But side door pickups are okay? 🤔

They DO say that restaurants are allowed to have takeout orders, but not eat-in. This would seem to be the same logic.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics