Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I feel so alone

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:19 am
I know we're all quarantined, so that's a stupid title. But my husband is sick and getting sicker. He's just not getting better. It's been over a week. He keeps checking his oxygen, so we aren't going to the hospital, but obviously based on the news we don't want to go there anyway.

I spend my day making sure all my kids are doing the 80 zoom and phone conferences and reminding and getting the new updated zoom number, and they have homework on google classroom, etc etc. In between this I also am cleaning the house like crazy and cooking for everyone. Oh, and I am supposed to be working. I'm not, and I keep freaking out wondering when my boss is going to realize it.

I'm lucky. I'm lucky that I feel well. I'm lucky that my kids are okay. I'm lucky, lucky, thank you Hashem thank you.

But I'm so alone. There's literally no one to talk to at the end of the day. I can't tell my parents, I can't tell his parents. My parents will get hysterical and his parents don't like to "hear about the drama." They aren't very good at emotional support, and that's okay. It's just that I realize that I have no real friends. No one I can share my day with and how hard it was.

I guess Hashem knows how scared I am. And now, I guess, all of you. But I just am scared. And all these insane posts about how everyone could die from this, no matter what age you are, and how I will probably be in lockdown until at least the summer makes me want to run out and scream.

smileyface:)

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:27 am
Its hard! Im sorry that you feel like you are doing this alone. Keep being strong and doing the best you can. Maybe watch a shuir or listen to music?

Cpg

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 2:47 am
I'm so sorry OP. This is so hard. Is there a friend you can tell?

Have you had a telemed visit to evaluate him? Maybe make another one and clarify with the doctor how long they expect him to be ill/when they think he may start getting better and whether or not they think his case will increase in severity?

It's so scary to have a loved one who is sick and to be isolated and dealing with the kids in top of that - - I don't know if I could do it. You're a superwoman. Be kind to yourself ❤️

tf

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:03 am
This, and more, is the reason social work limited visits to once or twice a week was lifted. Insurance is paying for increased amount of sessions as a result of COVID-19.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:05 am
Hugs. I’m sorry. This sounds so hard.
Would it help you to clean and cook less - or does that help you.

imasinger

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:55 am
No advice, just understanding and support.

You are in a really tough situation and sometimes, it's overwhelming.

Please feel free to unburden to us when you need. We're here. We care.

And if you post your DH's name, I'll daven for him.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics