Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Chesed Fund for FranticFrummie - Update page 12 :)
  Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12  Next

dankbar

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:22 am
Go to ER. Make sure it doesn't travel to your head

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:22 am
Until you make it to the dentist, keep packing the tooth and surrounding area with powdered clove. It will numb it. You could use unpowdered clove too, by I don't know how you would chew it/put it in your tooth. Do NOT use undiluted clove oil though! It's not meant for internal use.

You can schedule emergency tooth care now. They'll probably do an extraction, and only fit you with a crown at a later date. But it's better than nought. If you get a filling, insist on paying extra for the white cement. The cheap stuff makes your tooth look permanently grey.

Last edited by Rappel on Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:25 am
Rappel wrote:
Until you make it to the dentist, keep packing the tooth and surrounding area with powdered clove. It will numb it. Do NOT use undiluted clove oil though! It's not meant for internal use.

I've been putting a whole clove between the cheek and gum, and just letting it rest there.

Crust's idea to use high proof alcohol is helping take the edge off. I'm putting it on with a q-tip. (NOT drinking it! Combined with all the pain killers I've been on, I'd end up in the ER for all the wrong reasons.)

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:30 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
I've been putting a whole clove between the cheek and gum, and just letting it rest there.

Crust's idea to use high proof alcohol is helping take the edge off. I'm putting it on with a q-tip. (NOT drinking it! Combined with all the pain killers I've been on, I'd end up in the ER for all the wrong reasons.)

That's a great idea. People used to use a cotton ball soaked in bourbon. I edited my above post to address the dentist's visit. I think someone Hebrew speaking should definitely come with you as an advocate, so you don't get taken advantage of by accident.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:35 am
Rappel wrote:
That's a great idea. People used to use a cotton ball soaked in bourbon. I edited my above post to address the dentist's visit. I think someone Hebrew speaking should definitely come with you as an advocate, so you don't get taken advantage of by accident.

I updated about my dentist visit in the new thread.

I had my Hebrew speaking social worker with me the whole time, but it was a little hard to hear over my screaming and sobbing.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 11:46 am
I really hate to ask this. If you think it's a stupid thing to ask for, please be kind and don't comment. I know that there are people out there who need food and rent.

I have bad news about my dog. Not only are we not having puppies, but it's not a phantom pregnancy either.

She has pyometra. https://www.mspca.org/angell_s.....ppen/

This is deadly, and it can kill very quickly. It can easily rupture and turn into peritonitis, or the infection can leak into her blood stream and cause sepsis and toxic shock. Either way, she'll be dead in 24 hours. Crying

Even aggressive antibiotics cannot fix this. The vet wants her to come in for surgery first thing in the morning, as soon as they open.

It's going to cost around 2,000 shekels.

If anyone could help out, even a little bit, it would help a great deal and mean a lot to me.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 4:33 pm
Thank you so much!

I've been so worried about her. She hasn't eaten in 3 days, and doesn't want to play anymore. She doesn't even get excited to go for walks.

She's only 3 years old, and she's acting like an old lady.

I can pay for this surgery, but that means I won't have any grocery money for the next month and a half. My budget has a very slim margin for error.

My sweet little Nessiyah thanks you, too. https://scontent.ftlv2-1.fna.f.....30E6C

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 5:07 pm
FF , you cherish your dog very much this is not stupid at all. Should the donations go to the original fund on page one of this thread?

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 5:11 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
FF , you cherish your dog very much this is not stupid at all. Should the donations go to the original fund on page one of this thread?

If you use the link, I can transfer the funds directly into my bank account, or you can PM me and I'll give you my Paypal account info.

Thank you so much.

I live alone, and this little girl means the world to me. When I had Covid, and I was so sick I didn't care if I lived or died, all I could think of was "Who will take care of my dog?" and that gave me the strength to pull through. Now I have to do the same thing for her.

penguin

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 5:35 pm
We all love you, FF, and we know that your little dog is essential for your well-being.

So I am sure even those among us who are not 'into' pets will appreciate that this is a necessity for you!

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 5:50 pm
penguin wrote:
We all love you, FF, and we know that your little dog is essential for your well-being.

So I am sure even those among us who are not 'into' pets will appreciate that this is a necessity for you!

Yes, I don’t like dogs and just donated $100.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 5:53 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Yes, I don’t like dogs and just donated $100.

Oh my gosh, you just made me cry!

I can't tell you how much this means to me.

I wish I didn't have to ask. This was a very unexpected expense, and I don't have enough saved up to really deal with it right now.

I really thought she was going to have puppies, not emergency surgery. Wish us luck tomorrow.

BH Yom Yom

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 6:05 pm
Davening for you and for little Nessiya!

Refuah sheleimah to her and may the surgery go smoothly and safely. I just donated through the original link on p. 1 of this thread.

Besuros tovos!!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Apr 18 2021, 7:07 pm
Just donated.
Refuah sheleima to Nessiya. She’s such a sweet girl!
Please keep us posted.

BH Yom Yom

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 8:10 am
FF, thinking about you and little Nessiyah. Heart Is she doing any better?

Hug Hug

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 9:42 am
I just got a call from the vet. It was even worse than we suspected. Just from yesterday's ultrasound to todays it had changed drastically.

She was hemorrhaging, and anemic. Her uterus was completely infected and inflamed, and during the surgery she needed a blood transfusion. (Did you know that if you own a large breed dog, they can donate blood and save the lives of others?)

The vet said that if I hadn't picked up on the subtle signs that something wasn't right, I would have lost her in a matter of days. She told me over and over again how my observance saved her, and how close she was to dying.

I get to pick her up later on this evening. Right now she is sleeping off the anesthetic.

I am so glad that I panicked and assumed the worst, because that is exactly what happened.

A huge thank you to everyone who is helping me to cover this bill. It's ongoing, because I have to bring her back for regular checkups for the next few weeks, and she'll need some specific blood tests to make sure she doesn't go into organ failure.

As a side note, this is one of the reasons why we don't have relations during niddah. When you are niddah, it's very easy for bacteria to be transferred up past the open cervix and into the uterus. Normally, the cervix makes a nice tight seal, that keeps you safe.

With dogs, if their hormones go out of balance, their cervix stays open, and that's how the infection got in. There is only one way to prevent pyometra, and that is to spay your dog as soon as you can.

BH Yom Yom

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 9:54 am
Oh I am so relieved to hear that Nessiya will be okay bezras Hashem. BH BH!!! Chasdei Hashem. Hopefully she will recover easily and feel better soon. She is fortunate to have such a good mom.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 11:57 am
B'H, my girl is home, and sleeping.

It was the longest 4 block walk we've ever had.

You know when you've had an emergency C-section, and the nurses are making you walk up and down the halls, and you are cussing them the whole way? (silently, of course)

It was like that.

BH Yom Yom

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 12:00 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
B'H, my girl is home, and sleeping.

It was the longest 4 block walk we've ever had.

You know when you've had an emergency C-section, and the nurses are making you walk up and down the halls, and you are cussing them the whole way? (silently, of course)

It was like that.

Sounds rough (ruff? 🐶). Glad she is home now, May her recovery go quickly and smoothly.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Apr 19 2021, 12:05 pm
BH Yom Yom wrote:
Sounds rough (ruff? 🐶). Glad she is home now, May her recovery go quickly and smoothly.

Thank you!

The vets were amazing. They all said what a sweet and lovely little dog she is, and they are obviously very caring.

I am so grateful that they are walking distance, because it's nearly impossible to get a taxi, even if your pet is in a cage.
Page 11 of 12   Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12  Next Recent Topics