Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Can everyone stop posting their quarantine pictures?
Previous  1  2

twizzlers1

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 6:11 am
I guess we travel in different circles none of my friends are posting pictures really. it might be a couple on their status but I have to go to the trouble of opening someone's status to see that. my siblings and I are just sharing pictures of the kids doing absolutely nothing but we like seeing each other! I'm sorry that you are in bed and not feeling good.

watergirl

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 6:21 am
Is this about that status update thing again? That thing I don’t really understand because literally not a single one of my contacts does this? OP, you have to actively click on it to see those updates. So problem solved! Don’t click on it! You are rubbing it in your own face.

My close friends and I have a whatsapp group, its about 5 of us and from time to time someone sends a photo. If thats what you are describing, its also easy to just not look. This is up to you how to deal with.

refuah shmelah!

tf

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 6:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Everyone can have as much fun as they want. No need to rub it in everyone’s faces.

This is the reason I don't have most social media apps. I connect with whoever I want to connect whenever I want. These are meant to serve me, not to enslave me. Even the simple good old fashioned telephone.

Stars

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:39 am
You're not gonna change the world.

imasinger

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:59 am
OP, if you like, you can tell your phone using Settings whether or not to download any pics. All you'll see is a fuzzed out box that will tell you there's something, and you can control whether to show it or not.

You can also change settings in WhatsApp to not get notifications for new WhatsApp posts.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 8:10 am
I can happily post lots of pics of kids screaming, hair-pulling, name-calling, food-throwing, blaming, biting, throwing toys about, ripping paper (with or without scissors), watching videos, forgetting to wash their hands after the bathroom on purpose, spitting on each others' food for entertainment value, eating each other's food, NOT eating food, throwing food at me, at each other, at the wall...

however to be honest if there is actually one success we have I'll probably post it too so I can remember it in the chaos

but I totally hear you!!!!! I feel like such a failure no matter what I do and keep on having to remind myself I'm doing my best

feel better soon!!!

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 8:37 am
goforit wrote:
Please dont stop posting I need more ideas! This is what's keeping some of us sane.

This - I've been getting such good ideas from what other people post! I also posted when we come up with something creative that uses materials most people would have around to give them ideas.... Now I see maybe I shouldn't be doing that....

flowerpower

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Everyone can have as much fun as they want. No need to rub it in everyone’s faces.

If you look you will see. No one is asking you to look. I personally love to see what others are doing. It makes me feel good.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
WhatsApp is flooded with all the fun everyone is having during quarantine. I’m stuck in bed and can’t give my kids this fun time. I hate seeing it. Wish people would stop. Why do you feel the need to show off your life?

OMgoodness. Forgive me for laughing. I don't know why I'm so surprised though. Why shouldn't whatsapp and insta and all that stuff people "enjoy" this new opportunity to do everything we know is wrong with whatsapp and insta, etc.

OP, whatever you tell yourself the rest of the year, tell yourself double. Use your screentime for people who get you, and for humor and good stuff that will make you feel great. Refuah shleima!

Oh, and guess what. About giving your kids that good time. Iy"H you'll regain your strength, and create a happy atmosphere in your home. But don't think about "fun time." If you do, at least let it be sane.
Hatzlacha!

gold2

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:14 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Hey, listen. If 99% of my day was fighting and screaming and mess and chaos, if I get a 5-minute reprieve where all of the kids agree to play Monopoly with me, you'd better believe I'm going to post it! Who can I share my successes with, if not my friends?

Social media is our highlight reel, where we can share those moments and get encouragement for tomorrow.

Some people like to share their failures and get commiseration, but not everyone is like that. Some people get more chizuk from celebrating their successes.

Isn't it much more meaningful and happy if you don't post your 5 minutes of happy family time? It could make others jealous and you will be more present and appreciate it more without everyone's fake comments.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics