Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Big mess all house upside down what about Pesech cleaning?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:39 pm
Tell me pls the whole house is upside down is it only by me? How are you cleaning for pesach? I have 4 boys 11 8 2 9 m Help!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ต

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 11:44 pm
You're not the only one. It takes superhuman effort to render the house livable. Pesach cleaning on top of that seems like a pipe dream.

My plan is to finish eating chometz by the middle of next week and transition to kitnios only. Then we can do whatever basic cleaning (vacuuming, checking through drawers for obvious chometz) without worrying that it's not maintainable.

My youngest are a 5, 3, and 1 year old that assure me that they "won't make a mess" as they blithely carry sandwiches around the house. I'm not that good at being on top of that 24/7. No room is safe from chometz.

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:37 am
I bow to you, dear woman. You are an inspiration to us all.

I have two littles, and they have plenty of energy and will for their size. I'm doing the kitchen first, so no new chometz is spreading. We can live on rice and corn flakes for two weeks. Then I'll get to the rest of everything, so that even though it will get messy again, it will be clean for pesach.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:49 am
This, from Rav Shlomo Binnet, Belzer Dayan:

On a year such as this year, do not addย chumrosย and clean just ONE cabinet for kosher-for-pesach food. The rest โ€“ leave as-is; there is no need to clean.

BEZH, a day or two before Pesach, remove all the acutal chametz from the cabinets โ€“ as it says in the Shulchan Aruch,

And on the night of bedikas chametz the head of the household should check that no actual chametz has remained; only what is permissible according to halachah.

Aside from this, all energies should be focused on the children who are at home and need their parents- both physically and spiritually.

This is a time when the children need their parents.

The damage that can be caused during times (such as these) with no educational framework is irreparable.

Theย passukย says, "ื”ืื•ื™ื‘ ืชืžื• ื—ืจื‘ื•ืช ืœื ืฆื—".

"Ha'oyev tamu" โ€“ the enemy is gone โ€“ the Coronavirus will BEZH leave us,

"vehacharavos lanetzach" โ€“ the swords are forever โ€“ thatโ€™s the damage that may remain with our children for many yearsโ€ฆ

ย 

That is why this is the time to sit at home and not to clean and scrub! But to give ourselves to our children, both physically and spiritually.

The prohibition on Pesach is onย chametzย โ€“ not on dust or old clothesโ€ฆ

Every year we areย machmirย and clean and scrub with lots ofย hiddur

But on a year such as this one, theย hiddurย is that we will invest in our children so that they will not be influenced from the street or technology.

ย 

Regarding crumbs and dust, according to halachah they are completely nullified and you may even see them on Pesach!!

As we know by the Rav (A) ofย Belz, they would eat chametz on Shabbos Hagadol on the tablecloth as usual, and after the meal they would shake out the tablecloth and all the crumbs would fall on the floor, and be considered "part of the earth".

Almost all the closets in the house can be sold to a [gentile] lechatchilah, and to write "sold to a [gentile]" โ€“ only the cabinets necessary for Pesach, those should be cleaned as necessary accouding to halachah in honor of yom tov.

Make sure to keep the house calm and happy and be with the children, and enjoy your time together in the situation that Hashem has put before us.

ย 

Hashem will help and may we merit to hearย besoros tovos, yeshuosย andย nechasmos, and that this entire illness will disappear and we will merit the coming of Mashicah very soon. We hope and pray, "I await him every day that he may come" โ€“ speedily in our days, Amen.

ื”ื“ื•ืž"ืฅ ื”ื’ืื•ืŸ ืจ' ืฉืœืžื” ื‘ื™ื ืขื˜ ืฉืœื™ื˜"ื ื‘ืงืจื™ืื” ืœื”ื•ืจื™ื ื‘ืžืขืจื›ืช ื”ืฉื™ืขื•ืจื™ื ืฉืœ ื‘ืขืœื–ื:

ืฉื ื” ื›ืžื• ื”ืฉื ื” ืœื ืœื”ื•ืกื™ืฃ ื—ื•ืžืจื•ืช ื•ืœื ืงื•ืช ืืจื•ืŸ ืื—ื“ ื‘ืœื‘ื“ ืœืžืื›ืœื™ื ื›ืฉืจื™ื ืœืคืกื—
ื•ื”ืฉืืจ ืœื”ืฉืื™ืจ ื›ืžื• ืฉื”ื ื•ืื™ืŸ ืฆื•ืจืš ืœื ืงื•ืช
ื•ื‘ืขื–"ื” ื™ื•ื ื™ื•ืžื™ื™ื ืœืคื ื™ ืคืกื— ืœื”ื•ืฆื™ื ืžื”ืืจื•ื ื•ืช ืืช ื›ืœ ื”ื—ืžืฅ ืžืžืฉ, ื›ืžื• ืฉืจืฉื•ื ื‘ืฉื•ืœื—ืŸ ืขืจื•ืš,
ื•ื‘ืœื™ืœ ื‘ื“ื™ืงืช ื—ืžืฅ ืื‘ื™ ื”ืžืฉืคื—ื” ื™ื‘ื“ื•ืง ืฉืœื ื ืฉืืจ ื—ืžืฅ ืžืžืฉ, ืืœื ืจืง ืžื” ืฉืžื•ืชืจ ืขืœ ืคื™ ื”ื”ืœื›ื”,
ื—ื•ืฆืžื–ื” ืืช ื›ืœ ื”ื›ื•ื— ื•ื”ืื ืจื’ื™ื•ืช ืœื”ื›ื ื™ืก ื‘ื™ืœื“ื™ื ื”ื ืžืฆืื™ื ื‘ื‘ื™ืช ื•ืฆืจื™ื›ื™ื ืืช ื”ื”ื•ืจื™ื ื’ื ื‘ืจื•ื—ื ื™ื•ืช ื•ื’ื ื‘ื’ืฉืžื™ื•ืช,
ื–ื” ื–ืžืŸ ืฉื”ื™ืœื“ื™ื ื–ืงื•ืงื™ื ืœื”ื•ืจื™ื
ื”ื ื–ืง ืฉื™ื›ื•ืœ ืœื”ื™ื’ืจื ื‘ื–ืžื ื™ื ืœืœื ืžืกื’ืจืช ื—ื™ื ื•ื›ื™ืช ื”ื•ื ื‘ืœืชื™ ื”ืคื™ืš
ื›ื“ื›ืชื™ื‘: *"ื”ืื•ื™ื‘ ืชืžื• ื•ื”ื—ืจื‘ื•ืช ืœื ืฆื—"*

*ื”ืื•ื™ื‘ ืชืžื•:* ื”ืงื•ืจื•ื ื” ื‘ืขื–"ื” ืชืœืš ืžืื™ืชื ื•...

*ื•ื”ื—ืจื‘ื•ืช ืœื ืฆื—:* ื–ื” ื”ื ื–ืง ืฉื™ื›ื•ืœ ืœื”ื™ืฉืืจ ืืฆืœ ื™ืœื“ื™ื ื• ืœืฉื ื™ื ืืจื•ื›ื•ืช...

ืœื›ืŸ ื–ื” ื”ื–ืžืŸ ืœืฉื‘ืช ื‘ื‘ื™ืช ื•ืœื ืœื ืงื•ืช ื•ืœื ืœืฉืคืฉืฃ ! ืืœื ืœืชืช ืืช ืขืฆืžื™ื ื• ืœื™ืœื“ื™ื ื•, ื”ืŸ ื‘ื’ืฉืžื™ื•ืช ื•ื”ืŸ ื‘ืจื•ื—ื ื™ื•ืช.
ื”ืื™ืกื•ืจ ื‘ืคืกื— ื”ื•ื ืขืœ ื—ืžืฅ ืœื ืขืœ ืื‘ืง ื•ืœื ืขืœ ื‘ื’ื“ื™ื ื™ืฉื ื™ื...
ื‘ื›ืœ ืฉื ื” ืื ื• ืžื”ื“ืจื™ืŸ ื•ืžื ืงื™ื ื•ืžืฉืคืฉืคื™ื ื‘ื”ื™ื“ื•ืจ ืจื‘,

ืื‘ืœ ืฉื ื” ื›ืžื• ื”ืฉื ื”, ื”ื”ื™ื“ื•ืจ ื™ื”ื™ื” ื›ืฉื ืฉืงื™ืข ื‘ื™ืœื“ื™ื ื• ืฉืœื ื™ื•ืฉืคืขื• ืžื”ืจื—ื•ื‘ ื•ื”ื˜ื›ื ื•ืœื•ื’ื™ื”

ื•ืœื’ื‘ื™ ื”ืคื™ืจื•ืจื™ื ื•ืื‘ืง ืขืœ ืคื™ ื”ื”ืœื›ื” ื”ื ื‘ื˜ืœื™ื ื•ืžื‘ื•ื˜ืœื™ื ื•ืžื•ืชืจ ืืคื™ืœื• ืœืจืื•ืช ืื•ืชื ื‘ืคืกื—ย !!
ื›ืžื• ืฉื™ื“ื•ืข ืฉืืฆืœ ื”ืจื”"ืง ืžื”ืจ"ื ืžื‘ืขืœื–ื ื–ื™ืข"ื ื”ื™ื• ืื•ื›ืœื™ื ื—ืžืฅ ื‘ืฉื‘ืช ื”ื’ื“ื•ืœ ืขืœ ื”ืžืคื” ื›ืจื’ื™ืœ ื•ืื—ืจื™ ื”ืกืขื•ื“ื” ื”ื™ื• ืžื ืขืจื™ื ืืช ื”ืžืคื” ื•ื›ืœ ื”ืคื™ืจื•ืจื™ื ื”ื™ื• ื ื•ืคืœื™ื ืขืœ ื”ืงืจืงืข ื•ื ื—ืฉื‘ื™ื ื›'ืขืคืจื ื“ืืจืขื" .
ื›ืžืขื˜ ืืช ื›ืœ ืืจื•ื ื•ืช ื”ื‘ื™ืช ืืคืฉืจ ืœืžื›ื•ืจ ืœื’ื•ื™ ืœื›ืชื—ื™ืœื” ื•ืœืจืฉื•ื 'ืžื›ื•ืจ ืœื’ื•ื™' ื•ืจืง ืืช ื”ืืจื•ื ื•ืช ื”ื ื—ื•ืฆื™ื ืœืคืกื— ืื•ืชื ื™ื ืงื• ื›ืคื™ ื”ื ื“ืจืฉ ื‘ื”ืœื›ื” ืœื›ื‘ื•ื“ ื”ื—ื’,
ืœืจืื•ืช ืœื”ืฉืจื•ืช ื‘ื‘ื™ืช ืจื•ื’ืข ื•ืฉืœื•ื•ื” ื•ืœื”ื™ื•ืช ืขื ื”ื™ืœื“ื™ื ื•ืœื”ื ื•ืช ื‘ื™ื—ื“ ื‘ืžืฆื‘ ืฉื”ืงื‘"ื” ื–ื™ืžืŸ ืœื ื•.
ื”ืฉื™"ืช ื™ืขื–ื•ืจ ืฉื ื–ื›ื” ืœื”ืชื‘ืฉืจ ื‘ื‘ืฉื•ืจื•ืช ื˜ื•ื‘ื•ืช ื™ืฉื•ืขื•ืช ื•ื ื—ืžื•ืช ื•ืฉื›ืœ ื”ืžื—ืœื” ื”ื–ืืช ืชื™ืขืœื ื•ื›ื‘ืจ ื ื–ื›ื” ืฉื•ื™ืŸ ืฉื•ื™ืŸ ืœื‘ื™ืืช ื”ืžืฉื™ื— ื•ืื ื• ืžืงื•ื•ื™ื ื•ืžืชืคืœืœื™ืย "ืื—ื›ื” ืœื• ื‘ื›ืœ ื™ื•ื ืฉื™ื‘ื•ื"ย ื‘ืžื”ืจื” ื‘ื™ืžื™ื ื• ืืžืŸ

Hope it's ok to post publicly... translation is not my own...

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 3:50 am
Yep. Iโ€™m working full time. 6 kids 13,12,9,8,4,1

Everyone has very specific daily jobs.
Clean room - 5-7 min
House job - 10 min
Pesach job - 15-30 min (thatโ€™s how long I spend daily too)

With prizes - like excersize as a family or special craft time.

Pesach jobs in general have been more fun together. Things like washing floor, couches have been fun with music playing (the baby did spill bucket a few times).
But I feel like Iโ€™m going to find someone eating s sandwich on it tomorrow. (More likely my 13 yr old then 4)

I still am letting a lot slide for this pesach.
Just closing closets and selling.
Iโ€™m closing up toy closet, coat closet, food pantry, most cabinets, etc with no checking or cleaning.

My rav said as long as not more of kzayis of real chametz on floor and no Cheerio size pieces Iโ€™m good
Donโ€™t move large furniture.
Even the fridge and oven he said just leave even if you know what is underneath. (Iโ€™m still going to do those because Iโ€™m a masochist)

At the end of the day pesach will come even if Iโ€™m not ready.
I once had a friend whose done was hospitalized. I asked her how she was making pesach. She said she will do what she can but when pesach arrives she will light the candles and if they find chametz they will just destroy it on pesach. Iโ€™m feeling like that. Everyone should just stay healthy iyH.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:38 am
What pesach?! TMI

crust

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 6:01 am
ra_mom wrote:
What pesach?! TMI

Exactly!
Happy someone else feels this way.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 6:19 am
We will be doing the bare minimum in cleaning this year. We will vacuum , clean out one pantry in the kitchen, self clean the oven, clean the gas range, fridge and freezers and counters and sinks. There will be no organizing , scrubbing, checking seforim, or cleaning toys. Everything will be locked up and sold. We plan to accomplish it all in one to two days. Iโ€™m not even thinking about it until Sunday.

And no, the house will not have the super clean feel it usually does for Pesach. Thatโ€™s ok . Hashem wanted us to have it different this year and still enjoy the Yom Tov.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 6:39 am
Rappel wrote:
I bow to you, dear woman. You are an inspiration to us all.

I have two littles, and they have plenty of energy and will for their size. I'm doing the kitchen first, so no new chometz is spreading. We can live on rice and corn flakes for two weeks. Then I'll get to the rest of everything, so that even though it will get messy again, it will be clean for pesach.

Even if main ingredients in corn flakes are only kitniyos I think the malt is real chometz...

mha3484

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 8:03 am
I have a small house and I need all the space so closing rooms and selling them is not practical for me.

I tend to stress clean so I did my littlest kids room last Sunday and then made a rule that unless they are asleep the door must be locked at all times. Everyone is keeping it and I think this will be a year round rule. I found food in the closet and dresser drawers I really don't want that to happen again.

In my anxious paranoia I decided that if I C'VS got sick and was stuck in bed I couldn't handle it if my room was a mess so that motivated me to give it a good vacuum last night.

I made my 9 year old in charge of his own room and he did a great job.

Now that all the bedrooms are taken care of I will give one week for the living/dining room and one week for the kitchen.

I clean mostly on sundays and a little bit at night. Starting today all snacks are kitnois no more chametz crumbs anywhere.

renslet

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:38 am
I have given up, Moshiach better come before pesach. My one year old is like a chometz monster and tracks chometz everywhere.
The bedrooms are going to get a good vacuum and that's it. I did closets weeks ago but I usually redo closer to the time.
Bathrooms just take out the chometz toiletries. Biggest job is kitchen and dining room. Hashem is gonna help.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics