Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
What are things teen boys can sell to make $
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 6:24 am
mamma llama wrote:
You should have seen my face before I read the parentheses. I looked kinda like this: Surprised Exploding anger

LOL, gotcha! Very Happy

He could always breed betta fish. They are cheap and easy to set up, and make perfect dorm pets. Fish are always soothing if you're stressed out about upcoming tests. https://www.wikihow.com/Breed-Betta-Fish

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 6:39 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
LOL, gotcha! Very Happy

He could always breed betta fish. They are cheap and easy to set up, and make perfect dorm pets. Fish are always soothing if you're stressed out about upcoming tests. https://www.wikihow.com/Breed-Betta-Fish

That always seemed uniquely cruel to me. In the wild, a single Beta male can claim a whole pond as his territory. Those pint size tanks people put them in break my heart.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:13 am
Rappel wrote:
That always seemed uniquely cruel to me. In the wild, a single Beta male can claim a whole pond as his territory. Those pint size tanks people put them in break my heart.

From what I understand, they tend to adapt to the size of the territory they are given, but then again, how do you know if a fish is happy?

If they are in a round tank, and have some real or faux greenery so they feel secure, they can live very long lives.

In the wild, they eat each other. Not sure which is more cruel.

I have a lot more trouble with birds in cages, personally. My parents always kept their birds' wings clipped just a bit, and the birds had free range in and out of their cages.

Rappel

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:23 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
From what I understand, they tend to adapt to the size of the territory they are given, but then again, how do you know if a fish is happy?

If they are in a round tank, and have some real or faux greenery so they feel secure, they can live very long lives.

In the wild, they eat each other. Not sure which is more cruel.

I have a lot more trouble with birds in cages, personally. My parents always kept their birds' wings clipped just a bit, and the birds had free range in and out of their cages.

My mum used to "rescue" betas from the pet store. Even in a five gallon non-reflective tank, they would rush back and forth from end to end, all day. They did not seem at peace. It was really hard to watch.

We had goldfish which lived 6 years, and they were a whole different breed - much calmer and more playful in a tank. We had telescope fish whom would swim to us whenever we'd come to talk to them. Betas are a different story.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 8:33 am
I've heard there are guys who make beef jerky and sell in yeshiva...hot item.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children