Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Pregnancy and corona covid-19

momonthemove

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 9:46 pm
Just wondering what my fellow expecting mothers have been advised by doctors, and decisions you making re: prenatal care.

My doc basically said no change (besides being given gloves and a mask upon arrival at facility) and still wants me to come in for visits, and didn't advise postponing/skiping anything. Though she said recommendation might change at any time.

Also WHO and cdc saying preg. Now consider "high risk" and should avoid social contact, work from home, etc and well basically hide?

My husband doesn't want me to go and I feel very conflicted, due for anatomy scan next week!

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:10 pm
I am earlier on then you (10 weeks bh) and going in to do bloodwork and check on heartbeat etc.

If I was at the stage where I was feeling kicks and can reschedule the anatomy (ask till what week they do it) I might have. But I wouldn’t totally skip anything... I would also only take a first in the morning appointment if I can.

agreer

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:15 pm
My hospital is limiting visits but the midway anatomy scan is still being conducted. I would call my doctor to discuss my concerns and see if they still want you to come in.

lasagna

Post Wed, Mar 25 2020, 10:15 pm
I am in the same situation. I have an anatomy scan next week.
I have a really bad cold and sore throat, but no fever. As a precaution, I have been home for a week and plan to stay home until all symptoms have disappeared for 72 hrs.
I have my appointment the day after 2 weeks is up. I'm in touch with my doctor, but haven't yet called my OB directly.

Due:August 22 btw

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:52 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
I would also only take a first in the morning appointment if I can.

Thanks that is a good point about limiting exposure

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:55 pm
My husband's main fear is we are all healthy and basically the only way to insure staying that way is to stay put.

It wasn't so long ago there weren't sonos at all.

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:21 pm
I’m 35 weeks and was told by my dr to skip appointments for now, as long as I’m feeling movement...

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:40 pm
I’m 17 weeks and my appointment last week was canceled. Was told it’s ok to wait till 20 weeks.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:45 pm
Also 35 weeks and I skipped this week’s appointment. My doctor is only allowing one patient into the waiting room at a time, anyone else has to wait in the car and they’ll call you when it’s your turn. They’re also not seeing non-essential visits such as annuals, etc.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 1:46 pm
I'm 16 weeks. I have an appointment in 2 weeks. I'm not canceling. But I spoke with my OB today and he said just the patient will be allowed to come (no spouses) and they will call me before to screen for any symptoms on myself or family members.

momonthemove

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:58 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Also 35 weeks and I skipped this week’s appointment. My doctor is only allowing one patient into the waiting room at a time, anyone else has to wait in the car and they’ll call you when it’s your turn. They’re also not seeing non-essential visits such as annuals, etc.

My OB is not, but that is what I am/was planning anyway. (A friend suggested it, same for the ultrasound, tell them you will be waiting outside and to call when ready)

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 4:08 am
I was told to go for a growth scan yesterday. In the hospital. I'm 39 weeks. I refused

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 4:11 am
I'm feeling kicks bh, not planning on having any appts at this point.

Considering contacting a home birth midwife, but it's WAY out of budget right now.

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 8:19 am
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
I'm feeling kicks bh, not planning on having any appts at this point.

Considering contacting a home birth midwife, but it's WAY out of budget right now.

Ironically we were thinking about this before, but though it's now seeming even more logical, probably harder yo find and higher $$$ since it will be so in demand!

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 9:08 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
I was told to go for a growth scan yesterday. In the hospital. I'm 39 weeks. I refused

From my experience unless there are any medical issues, the main things at this stage is just to :
A. Feel regular movement.
B. Check that water level is good and high enough for the baby. (Through ultrasound)

I’m not a Dr, just had 10 pregnancies.
Feel good, Mom and babe!

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 8:14 am
New guidelines for providers is to skip the anatomy scan appointment in low risk pregnancies.
Paper by "The Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine COVID-19 Ultrasound Practice Suggestions
Developed with guidance from Alfred Abuhamad, MD and Joanne Stone, MD
3.24.20"

Speak with your ob and internist.
Remeber to also daven for the ability to make the right choices for you and your baby, and trust your gut.

My personal plan is not to go anywhere, try to confirm how much can be combined re: Tdap shot/lab work and make the minimal ventures out as absolutely necessary.

Honestly expecting to go once for that then not see pervider until delivery. We'll see what summer brings!

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 10:37 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
My husband's main fear is we are all healthy and basically the only way to insure staying that way is to stay put.

It wasn't so long ago there weren't sonos at all.

My mother found out that she was having twins while she was in labor.
(Around 40 yrs ago)
They’re both healthy hearty and well thank Gd.

Not recommending no Sonos... just right now we all need to weight things.. the benefit over the risk.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 10:40 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:

Honestly expecting to go once for that then not see pervider until delivery. We'll see what summer brings!

Towards the end the Sonos are important to make sure there’s enough fluid.
If not they induce right away...
I’m always afraid to push off any appt after wk 36.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 10:52 am
I guess I’ll speak to my doctor... I have the anatomy scan scheduled for right after pesach. Not having one kinda makes me nervous. I also need some bloodwork repeated.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Apr 01 2020, 12:21 pm
I’m 13 weeks, high risk. I’ve just been to the dr. He told me he is only seeing the high risk patients. He also told that he has delivered 4 babies the past 3 days, all his patients tested positive for covid19 , even without symptoms. This is in NYC.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics