Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How am I supposed to get food in Lakewood?
Previous  1  2

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 11:34 am
It's super frustrating. I managed to get an order into NPGS Monday morning and finally picked it up today. But I didn't order everything I need and they didn't include everything I ordered.
Gourmet glatt's next order date is a day or 2 before Pesach! Waaay too late for me.
Who would have good fresh produce that I can order online for next week? Basics that I need to start cooking. Potatoes, onions, chicken soup ingredients, apples, oranges etc... I need a place that won't send me rotten stuff.

I wish I can just go to the grocery but I was sick last week and dh is sick this week. He's still not out of it. We have no idea if it was the virus. But I'm pregnant and dh doesn't want me to take any chances.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 11:35 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
It's super frustrating. I managed to get an order into NPGS Monday morning and finally picked it up today. But I didn't order everything I need and they didn't include everything I ordered.
Gourmet glatt's next order date is a day or 2 before Pesach! Waaay too late for me.
Who would have good fresh produce that I can order online for next week? Basics that I need to start cooking. Potatoes, onions, chicken soup ingredients, apples, oranges etc... I need a place that won't send me rotten stuff.

I wish I can just go to the grocery but I was sick last week and dh is sick this week. He's still not out of it. We have no idea if it was the virus. But I'm pregnant and dh doesn't want me to take any chances.

Did they call you to pick it up?
I'm sill waiting to hear from them

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 11:35 am
Also, where can I order chicken and meat? I don't want to get it yet, I want have it for mid next week when I turn over my kitchen.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 11:39 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Did they call you to pick it up?
I'm sill waiting to hear from them

Yes. I called every day and couldn't get through to anyone. Finally reached someone this morning and he said they will get to it today. A little later someone called me to come pick it up. I didn't get out of the car. Took along my teenager, he wore a mask and gloves and put the boxes in my trunk. I had him dispose of the gloves before he got back into the car.
Back home we disinfected every single item or left it in a closed box not to be opened for a few days.
If we're quarantining I may as well not risk bringing any more germs into my house.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 11:48 am
Crying

I know this is no big deal in the sceme of things but they just told me they are canceling all orders

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 11:53 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Crying

I know this is no big deal in the sceme of things but they just told me they are canceling all orders

Even if it went through? Originally they said they're not taking more but whatever got through will be filled.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 11:59 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Even if it went through? Originally they said they're not taking more but whatever got through will be filled.

Yes. They changed their policy once again. Gam zu letova

amother
Scarlet

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:05 pm
OP I’m in the same boat as you. I’m not symptom free for 3 days yet as I still don’t have sense of taste or smell. Fever free is not symptom free!!! Please do not go to the grocery store. I know how difficult it is! I made an order a week in advance for groceries because I was sick and knew this would happen. I also asked some family and friends for favors for basics and we are living without every single item we would typically want. Hopefully in a few days I will be symptom free and maybe next week I’ll be able to go out. I understand the inconvenience but please do not put others at risk!

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:09 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
OP I’m in the same boat as you. I’m not symptom free for 3 days yet as I still don’t have sense of taste or smell. Fever free is not symptom free!!! Please do not go to the grocery store. I know how difficult it is! I made an order a week in advance for groceries because I was sick and knew this would happen. I also asked some family and friends for favors for basics and we are living without every single item we would typically want. Hopefully in a few days I will be symptom free and maybe next week I’ll be able to go out. I understand the inconvenience but please do not put others at risk!

Check the CDC guidelines. It says fever free + symptoms improving. It does not say all symptoms need to be gone.

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 12:12 pm
From CDC website:
If you will not have a test to determine if you are still contagious, you can leave home after these three things have happened:
You have had no fever for at least 72 hours (that is three full days of no fever without the use medicine that reduces fevers)
AND
other symptoms have improved (for example, when your cough or shortness of breath have improved)
AND
at least 7 days have passed since your symptoms first appeared
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics