Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I am proud of myself today

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:20 pm
I made dinner. I really didn't think I could; I was just done by then. But I did. Also, I helped dd get started on some schoolwork she was positive she couldn't do. After snapping at her about it for an hour, I was actually able to make myself take a break and come back to it later. And I thank Hashem for the help.

What are you proud of yourself about today?

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:21 pm
I got out of bed for a little bit and spent quality time with my daughter even though I feel horrible.

hodeez

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 5:22 pm
Amazing! I also had an incredible day. I made time for the kids. We had circle time, read a pesach story, made popcorn, played scooters outside, and worked on their haggadahs. Oh and minimal screaming from me Smile

Fabulous

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 6:48 pm
I taught my son a life skill. We had gotten something for him with his own money and it came damaged. My husband wanted him to contact the company himself to learn phone skills (he’s 10). He claims he was embarrassed (maybe that they would get upset at him for being a kid??) anyway, my husband finally had enough and ordered amazon pickup because he wasn’t calling. I told him it was now or never and even if we got the money back, I wouldn’t allow him to get it back. I also promised I would stay next to him the whole phone call. And guess what? He did it! He also did a great job bh! Very mannered, although he did speak a bit quickly with imp information that she had to get down (the representative was also very understanding bh). So happy that it’s done and that he did it. Hopefully it will give him Confidence for something like this in the future

Last edited by Fabulous on Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:33 pm
Fabulous wrote:
I taught my son a life skill. We had gotten something die him with his own money and it came damaged. My husband wanted him to contact the company himself to learn phone skills (he’s 10). He claims he was embarrassed (maybe that they would get upset at him for being a kid??) anyway, my husband finally had enough and ordered amazon pickup because he wasn’t calling. I told him it was now or never and even if we got the money back, I wouldn’t allow him to get it back. I also promised I would stay next to him the whole phone call. And guess what? He did it! He also did a great job bh! Very mannered, alt our he did speak a bit quickly with imp information that she had to get down (the representative was also very understanding bh). So happy that it’s done and that he did it. Hopefully it will give him Confidence for something like this in the future

Wow! So great. When my dd was 11 we learned hilchos kashrus before her bas mitzvah. The next time she got a shailah while cooking, I had HER call the rav. She was mortified, but the rav was great and told her he got this question a lot. And she felt good afterwards. So glad today gave you a gain.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:48 pm
Ate part of dinner today. (Huge since couldn’t eat breakfast or lunch today, and couldn’t eat dinner yesterday) CV is an appetite killer. I feel hungry and nauseous at the same time

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 7:50 pm
I bought an order of food online
I wathced a bris
I coneccted to friends on zoom

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 8:11 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Ate part of dinner today. (Huge since couldn’t eat breakfast or lunch today, and couldn’t eat dinner yesterday) CV is an appetite killer. I feel hungry and nauseous at the same time

Me too. I just ate part of a slice of cold pizza. That's the first meal I've had in 3 or 4 days.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 8:16 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
Me too. I just ate part of a slice of cold pizza. That's the first meal I've had in 3 or 4 days.

So ironic because any other time I’d Be glad for the weight loss but I’m pregnant so proBably shouldnt be losing weight!

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:09 pm
I helped kids start a fire in the grill today. We didn't have marshmallows but they had a blast anyway.

I didn't let them do any work. Just okay in the mud and start a fire.

amother
Gold

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:46 pm
I had a super hard day, and am not proud of how I acted throughout the day but I just worked out and am determined to make tomorrow a great day, including by allowing my kids to watch videos while I prep for shabbos.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:50 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I had a super hard day, and am not proud of how I acted throughout the day but I just worked out and am determined to make tomorrow a great day, including by allowing my kids to watch videos while I prep for shabbos.

Thanks for posting, I needed to read this now. I'm feeling so depleted. I like the plan for tomorrow.

dankbar

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 9:51 pm
I cooked some food for next week for supper, so that I can continue cleaning kitchen for pesach.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 10:05 pm
I got out of bed and sat on the couch for 1/2 hour with my kids!!!!

Oh and yesterday my 5 year old whom I didn’t kiss/hug in forever laid down on my bedroom floor and I played I spy with him!!!

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 10:16 pm
Turned off my phone for a few hours for the past 3 days Smile

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 10:53 pm
I didn't lose my patience with my special needs adult son when he kept asking when his grandparents are coming over (he hasn't seen them lately with everything going on, and they had originally been due to visit tonight)

We will not discuss how much junk food I've consumed today as part of that effort ;-)

amother
Black

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 11:05 pm
Love this thread!

We. Can be proud of others and also ourselves.

#1- I survived!! That’s a biggee

Since the cleaning lady didn’t show I decided I had to take matters into my own hands. So I:

Did 4 loads of laundry
Cleaned the freezer
Cooked dinner
Washed the dishes
Took care of the kids
And most importantly I smiled!

aussie2

Post Thu, Mar 26 2020, 11:57 pm
Love this thread.. spreading positive vibes..
hm trying to think what I did today..
I taught haggadah to 2 kids
helped kids w/ school work
make bead 'name' jewlery
took kids out w/ scooters and bikes
gave out rosh chodesh treats
did laundry

showed them video about yitzyas mitzrayim

paintbrush

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 12:13 am
I sat on the floor and played with my baby. I know it sounds lame compared to what a lot of people are dealing with. I only have one bay to take care of, however sometimes my stress causes me to loose patience when caring for him. So playing with him and keeping him happy is a big accomplishment for my day.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Mar 27 2020, 8:09 am
I reached out to two friends of mine, both ladies who are in their 70s. Both are alone for Pesach.

I don't talk to them nearly as often as I should, and we live in different cities. I wanted to touch base and give them some chizzuk about having a solo seder.

B'H, neither of them have gotten ill, and are taking very good care of themselves.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics